Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonus Points per stay? Was I "Bonvoyed"

Old Mar 7, 19, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive Elite, UA Silver

Quick question, I have recently booked and stayed a few times under rates located in the Deals & Packages tab on the Marriott site that rewards bonus points per stay.... those bonus point are not reflected in my account with the normal points earnings.... My question is should they have show up along with the normal points or do the show at a later date like some prior promotions.... I strongly suspect its another IT issue and I was Bonvoyed but thought I would ask the group first. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 19, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
They almost NEVER show up for me and I book a lot of these rates. Typically just $3-8 dollars more per night for 2,000 bonus points. Every time I have to email a Lurker to ask them to fix it. They usually tell me it will take days to a week to fix it since they have to email it to the "research" department. But ultimately the points always get posted. It's just ridiculous Marriott offers these promos and never posts the bonuses.

Alternatively you can call the helpless CS department and ask them to look into it and get back to you.

BTW - have had 3 of these in the last 2 weeks. Not one posted. Two were corrected over the phone and the third I'm giving a little more time. The stay posted but the bonus points did not.

-RM
Old Mar 8, 19, 10:21 am

Programs: M/R LT/TIT
I just had one of those stays where the bonus was 2K points per night. The points showed up the day after I checked out and it was a separate entry on my overview page.
Old Mar 8, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL 1.8MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
They almost NEVER show up for me and I book a lot of these rates. Typically just $3-8 dollars more per night for 2,000 bonus points. Every time I have to email a Lurker to ask them to fix it. They usually tell me it will take days to a week to fix it since they have to email it to the "research" department. But ultimately the points always get posted. It's just ridiculous Marriott offers these promos and never posts the bonuses.

Alternatively you can call the helpless CS department and ask them to look into it and get back to you.

BTW - have had 3 of these in the last 2 weeks. Not one posted. Two were corrected over the phone and the third I'm giving a little more time. The stay posted but the bonus points did not.

-RM
How does one find these rates with bonus Marriott points? I haven't seen it at places that I frequent.
Old Mar 8, 19, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget View Post
How does one find these rates with bonus Marriott points? I haven't seen it at places that I frequent.
Not all properties offer it. When you select the hotel you're interested in there will be 1, 2 or 3 tabs at the top. "Standard Rate", "Pre-Paid Rate" and "Deals". The "deals" tab has any special rates that might include bonus points per night or per stay.

-RM
Old Mar 8, 19, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by talltoddtravels View Post
Quick question, I have recently booked and stayed a few times under rates located in the Deals & Packages tab on the Marriott site that rewards bonus points per stay.... those bonus point are not reflected in my account with the normal points earnings.... My question is should they have show up along with the normal points or do the show at a later date like some prior promotions.... I strongly suspect its another IT issue and I was Bonvoyed but thought I would ask the group first. Thanks in advance.
I always take advantage of the 2,000 point packages. I actually have a 5k point package where I travel as well I found.

Anyway like people say they never post

I normally email my ambassador at the end of the week asking her to add the points to my 4 reservations for that week. If I didn't have a ambassador I couldn't imagine weekly having to write emails to Marriott or call in and waste a couple hours of my time.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:36 am

Bonus points per stay posting.

Does the bonus points for a stay based promotion post on the same entry or on a seperate line? My stay has posted with the base points, but the 5,000 points per stay on my booked rate is missing. Should bonus points included in my deals and package rate post on the same entry?
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:52 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GiovanGolf View Post
Does the bonus points for a stay based promotion post on the same entry or on a seperate line? My stay has posted with the base points, but the 5,000 points per stay on my booked rate is missing. Should bonus points included in my deals and package rate post on the same entry?
Hi GiovanGolf! If you're missing bonus points as part of the rate package we'd be glad to help. Please private message or email us at [email protected] with your full name and reservation confirmation number, and we'll get them added for you.

Thanks,

Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker View Post
Hi GiovanGolf! If you're missing bonus points as part of the rate package we'd be glad to help. Please private message or email us at [email protected] with your full name and reservation confirmation number, and we'll get them added for you.

Thanks,

Robert V.

Social Media Liaison

Thank you Robert for your response, I have revisted the property where I had missing points. They were aware of the problem and had resolved it as soon as their system was fixed. Further postings have been correct and timely.
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:58 am

Thank you Robert for your response, I have revisted the property where I had missing points. They were aware of the problem and had resolved it as soon as their system was fixed. Further postings have been correct and timely.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: