Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chase RC Club Level Upgrades - Reps unable to attach - Lurker help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase RC Club Level Upgrades - Reps unable to attach - Lurker help?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question Chase RC Club Level Upgrades - Reps unable to attach - Lurker help?

I have called customer service a few times in the past couple of days and they have been unable to assist me. Having used these many times in the past, I am aware of the process and rules. I booked a qualifying member rate for the Ritz Carlton Guangzhou (which they confirmed). There are many club level rooms available as well during my stay to be able to upgrade into (which they also confirmed). None of the reps have been able to do it, and they just simply state to me to call back another day because they can't figure it out. This is pretty upsetting, because the sole purpose of booking this property is me wanting to use my club level upgrade certs and if not I would book something else. Is there one of the Bonvoy lurkers who could assist?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:38 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by xkr0p
I have called customer service a few times in the past couple of days and they have been unable to assist me. Having used these many times in the past, I am aware of the process and rules. I booked a qualifying member rate for the Ritz Carlton Guangzhou (which they confirmed). There are many club level rooms available as well during my stay to be able to upgrade into (which they also confirmed). None of the reps have been able to do it, and they just simply state to me to call back another day because they can't figure it out. This is pretty upsetting, because the sole purpose of booking this property is me wanting to use my club level upgrade certs and if not I would book something else. Is there one of the Bonvoy lurkers who could assist?
My apologies for the inconvenience. I think I can speak for the entire Marriott Bonvoy Lurker staff and say that none of us have ever tried to apply one of these to a reservation. That being said, I guess there's always a first time for everything, so if you need our assistance, please send the details to the email address below.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
My apologies for the inconvenience. I think I can speak for the entire Marriott Bonvoy Lurker staff and say that none of us have ever tried to apply one of these to a reservation. That being said, I guess there's always a first time for everything, so if you need our assistance, please send the details to the email address below.
Thank you for the quick response. I just don't know where else to reach out since the phone reps can't figure it out either. I've had the Chase Ritz card for many years and applying these were always an easy task over the phone so not sure whats changed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:42 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I just don't know where else to reach out since the phone reps can't figure it out either. I've had the Chase Ritz card for many years and applying these were always an easy task over the phone so not sure whats changed.
Thanks for the opportunity to learn something new. Apparently, these days, the reservation has to be made with the proper cluster code. Hopefully, starting over will yield some success.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the opportunity to learn something new. Apparently, these days, the reservation has to be made with the proper cluster code. Hopefully, starting over will yield some success.
Just an update. The agent is not able to find any availability for any date at that property for the cluster code, even though there is great availability of club level rooms. Is it possible the property disabled the club level upgradeable room rate codes erroneously? Can the property be contacted to inquire about this?

Last edited by xkr0p; Mar 7, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:33 pm

Just an update. The agent is not able to find any availability for any date at that property for the cluster code, even though there is great availability of club level rooms. Is it possible the property disabled the club level upgradeable room rate codes erroneously? Can the property be contacted to inquire about this?
We can open a case and have them contact you.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank You
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Or the OP could call the hotel directly and discuss the issue with the Front Desk Manager.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Or the OP could call the hotel directly and discuss the issue with the Front Desk Manager.
She or he would want to contact the Reservations Manager. Although they might do things differently in China, every hotel I've worked has a clear delineation of responsibility. The Front Desk Manager is only responsible for in-house guests (and maybe guests arriving the following day). Anything further out is handled by the Reservations Manager.

Also, there's the possibility that these types of certificates require reservations to be made through Marriott. An individual hotel might not be able to make a reservation for a guest, even if they want to do that task. That said, someone in management at the hotel should be able to explain whether or not there is availability for the certificate.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
She or he would want to contact the Reservations Manager. Although they might do things differently in China, every hotel I've worked has a clear delineation of responsibility. The Front Desk Manager is only responsible for in-house guests (and maybe guests arriving the following day). Anything further out is handled by the Reservations Manager.
At a RC, a Reservations Manager would be a lower level than a FDM. It's likely that both would report to the Front Office Manager. That said, I've never encountered at FDM at a large luxury or full-service hotel who could not "fix" a reservation. I have been frustrated by RMs who hew too closely to policy. YMMV.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

Just following up on this; the property never contacted me. Since then I have sent 2 emails to the front desk and reservations manager without any reply. I have called the property a few times asking for a manager and they are never available. Is there any resolution to this? I don't see how its fair that the property can completely block/disable the use of the club level upgrade certificates for the calendar when there are club level rooms available. I am extremely disappointed that nobody is willing to help either. The phone agents/twitter/etc, nobody is willing to call the property or inquire why the club level upgrades are disabled. I shouldn't have to try to get a hold of the manager calling/emailing 100 times. Banging my head here!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:06 am

Just following up on this; the property never contacted me. Since then I have sent 2 emails to the front desk and reservations manager without any reply. I have called the property a few times asking for a manager and they are never available. Is there any resolution to this? I don't see how its fair that the property can completely block/disable the use of the club level upgrade certificates for the calendar when there are club level rooms available. I am extremely disappointed that nobody is willing to help either. The phone agents/twitter/etc, nobody is willing to call the property or inquire why the club level upgrades are disabled. I shouldn't have to try to get a hold of the manager calling/emailing 100 times. Banging my head here!
We opened a case with the Loyalty Performance team and they are still trying to work through the issue with the hotel. Once we have an update, we'll be getting back to you.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:22 am
Original Poster

We opened a case with the Loyalty Performance team and they are still trying to work through the issue with the hotel. Once we have an update, we'll be getting back to you.
Thank you! Greatly appreciate the help.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
This one sounds familiar. I called what used to be the Platinum Premier Line three nights in a row for a reservation at the RC Nusa Dua.

After being thoroughly Bonvoyed, I finally got it to sort of work last night.

I had to make a non-refundable reservation and it had to be paid for with the RC Visa. I don’t know whether this is part of the T&C for the Club upgrades, but I’d had enough and took what I could get.

The reps I dealt with had no idea what they were doing.

Let’s hope it goes better for you.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 1120
This one sounds familiar. I called what used to be the Platinum Premier Line three nights in a row for a reservation at the RC Nusa Dua.

After being thoroughly Bonvoyed, I finally got it to sort of work last night.

I had to make a non-refundable reservation and it had to be paid for with the RC Visa. I don’t know whether this is part of the T&C for the Club upgrades, but I’d had enough and took what I could get.

The reps I dealt with had no idea what they were doing.

Let’s hope it goes better for you.
For anyone who has trouble with this, tell the agent to search using the rate code Z38. You can use the code Z34 as a proxy for this on the Marriott site, as it will not allow you to search for Z38 but if you get results for Z34 and there are club rooms open it's a good sign.
dagangwood and MrM2016 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.