Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Titanium Elite, but no soft landing (yet) to Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Titanium Elite, but no soft landing (yet) to Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dp4m
I have a slightly different problem, but didn't know where to ask other than here: I was Platinum and I specifically called the Platinum line when the after the Bonvoy date(s) were announced for 5-Mar, etc. probably in February as we were booking our honeymoon to confirm that I would remain Platinum for the rest of the year, even after the change-over and was assured I'd have it "through the end of the year." I would very likely be challenged for maintaining status this year, but it affected honeymoon decisions...

Naturally, I booked W Maldives with points advance, which increases in value due to free breakfast from Platinum status and the add'l % discount on food/beverage -- the points advance I understood was a common problem and fixable (60K -> 85K / night)... however, I'm not sure necessarily how, or if, the other problem can be fixed?
The 60 --> 85k is not a problem. It needs manual intervention, but they confirmed multiple times they will honor it.

How did you qualify for 2019 Platinum?

Last edited by cfischer; Mar 6, 2019 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:25 am

I have the same "issue". I'm still Titanium, despite only staying 53 nights. I'll take it since I really value the United Silver (E+ upgrades). My stays are all leisure so airline loyalty is out of reach for me. I've flown something like 8 segments with United and I've gotten E+ on all of them and even F on one. Great experience and very nice benefit.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I have the same "issue". I'm still Titanium, despite only staying 53 nights. I'll take it since I really value the United Silver (E+ upgrades). My stays are all leisure so airline loyalty is out of reach for me. I've flown something like 8 segments with United and I've gotten E+ on all of them and even F on one. Great experience and very nice benefit.
If UA shows you as Silver for 2019 ... that's IMO a done deal. Marriott does a lot of grandfathering if you miss and have been hitting or exceeding the mark for several years in the past. Not much info yet how this will work with the new Marriott program quite yet.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just posted on a similar thread that I'm still showing Titanium Elite but expected to be Platinum after the sweep. My UA account is showing Silver also
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
As of today, 3/12, I am still Titanium, and as previously stated, I am now United Silver.

For whatever reason, I dont think i am going to soft land anywhere but stay Titanium
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Very odd to see multiple references to "soft landing" when the posters in question met the criteria for Platinum.

"Soft landing" is when you don't even meet the criteria for the lower level of status, but you get it anyhow as a courtesy...
CCIE_Flyer and JBord like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
DP: 38 nights last year and still a Plat. (Supposed to have 50). This is my 4th or 5th straight year of being slightly under 50 nights and keeping the 50 night status (used to be Gold, I should change my avatar). FWIW, I am still Diamond at Hilton, but having the free breakfast perk keeps me booking at Marriott.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i am still Titanium... <10 nights last year. weird!
Old May 28, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Originally Posted by pbd456
i am still Titanium... <10 nights last year. weird!
same here , still titanium and only 50 nights last year :/
Old May 28, 2019, 8:56 pm

On the other hand, I had 65 EQNs last year and moved from Plat Premier to Titanium (Feb. 13 IIRC) to Platinum (Feb. 14). No such luck retaining status when just 10 EQNs short (would have requalified in 2018 if Amex Canada was quicker in implementing the 15 EQN/yr benefit).

Luckily by May 14 I crossed 75 EQNs for 2019 and I am now Titanium again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.