Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels for Spring Training (FL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM

Just headed south for the annual trek to Spring Training and thought I'd get the ball rolling with some hotel suggestions. Since some hotels in FL can be really expensive this time of year or have no award availability and others have substantial parking and resort fees, I tend to go for "cheap and cheerful" because of the number of days involved - all while earning or redeeming points. Hoping others will supplement the list.

Sheraton Sand Key - Blue Jays
Courtyard Bradenton - Pirates
Springhill Suites Fort Myers - Red Sox (there's also a Four Points a block closer, but it doesn't fare well in reviews)
Fairfield Inn Clearwater (Gulf to Bay) - Phillies, Blue Jays
Renaissance Tampa International Plaza - Yankees (new AC hotel next door too)
TownePlace Suites Lakeland - Tigers

I'm also looking for anyone with an up-to-date review of the new Autograph Fenway hotel a block from the Blue Jays stadium in Dunedin.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:46 pm
Suspended

I prefer the Tampa Westshore Marriott when seeing the Yanks.... The Doll House strip club is across the street. U men leave ur wives at home
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I've stayed at the Fort Myers SHS and it was fine for a short stay.

I've also stayed at the Tampa Westshore Marriott - and sorry to tell @sanfran8080, I did not encourage Mr jtwiz to visit the establishment across the street.

I've stayed at just about every Marriott in Westshore and they all work well for Yankees spring training (or even the Phillies or Blue Jays). I like the Westshore area because there are a lot of restaurants you can walk to in the evenings. And most of them are reasonably priced, even during the high season. The Ren at the International Plaza is nice, but that is the one hotel in that area that can be pricey. The one place I won't return to is the TPS in Westshore. Not a good experience there.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:21 pm

I've stayed at the SHS Fort Myers and was quite pleased -- good front desk, room was clean. Try to get a room on the west side of the building -- the curtains don't go all the way to the floor and the morning sunlight pouring in from underneath them was very bright. Also don't forget that Fort Myers has both the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins. This SpringHill is equidistant to both of them.

Others nearby that are good: Residence Inn at Gulf Coast Town Center -- right next to a newer mall, one interstate exit south of the baseball stadiums. Townplace Suites Estero -- right next to a somewhat upscale mall, good area, and also 1 interstate exit south of the baseball stadiums. Both hotels are newer (<5 years old).

I've also stayed at just about every Marriott property in Westshore and you can't go too wrong. My go-tos are usually the Residence Inn Westshore and the Hyatt Place Westshore (I know, it's not a Marriott).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.