Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bal Harbour or another beach hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

I want to relax on a beach for 3-5 days in July somewhere that is a max of a 4 hour flight from Maryland. I have 140,000 Marriott points however could sign up for another card to reach 240,000.

Is the St Regis Bal Harbour the best option? I can either use all my points or pay $500 a night. I have been there before and loved it however the beach is not that nice. The property, rooms, and pool are top notch though.

I also have 70,000 hyatt points if there are any comparable properties. It seems hard to find a hotel directly on the beach without going somewhere far.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The beach itself in most of Bal Harbour is not up to par as most of South Florida, but the beach service at St Regis Bal Harbour remains some of the best around. Lots of staff, chairs, umbrellas water etc etc. I'd say you could also look at The Ritz Carlton just to the north of St Regis for a little better beach area and less waves due to the location, but they have very little beach staff.

I know St Regis just launched a 4th night free offer for the post Easter period until Festive paid rates with limited black outs.

Last edited by ABG; Mar 4, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
The beach itself in most of Bal Harbour is not up to par as most of South Florida, but the beach service at St Regis Bal Harbour remains some of the best around. Lots of staff, chairs, umbrellas water etc etc. I'd say you could also look at The Ritz Carlton just to the north of St Regis for a little better beach area and less waves due to the location, but they have very little beach staff.

I know St Regis just launched a 4th night free offer for the post Easter period until Festive paid rates with limited black outs.
Thanks for the reply! The St Regis hotel is the nicest I have stayed out, while the beach is just okay in my opinion. I am also Titanium so if I pay with points it is a lot of value. The Ritz doesn't really honor Marriott status and I noticed in the past you don't get many perks when staying at them.

I need to look in the 4th night free as I did not see that. I would consider paying if I could get around $500 a night.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:36 pm

IMHO the beach at the St. Regis is very nice. Great service, tons of nice chairs, warm water, and not too wavy (imho). The adults only pool is nice as well. Top St Regis in the US by a mile.
spgplat21 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:06 pm

St Regis Bahia Beach?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.