Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Property now accepting reservations starting September 1
Old May 7, 2021, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
I misread the booking website and wrote post in error, sorry

Last edited by decerbod; Jul 18, 2021 at 8:08 am
Old May 23, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I’m trying to book for April 2022, but everything seems to be blocked out (cash or points) after 2nd April.

Any ideas why that might be?
Old May 23, 2021, 5:52 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Marriott accepts reservations up to 330 days in advance. From today, that would be April 17, 2022.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Marriott accepts reservations up to 330 days in advance. From today, that would be April 17, 2022.
thanks. It just doesn’t seem to be bookable after 2nd April.

is this something that could be booked by calling direct?
Old May 24, 2021, 6:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by jwt36

It wouldn't hurt to try.

Let us know what they say
writerguyfl likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 8:48 am

As a former hotel Revenue Manager, my educated guess is that they are purposely blocking booking because of Spring Break. When demand is uncertain for a very high-demand period (i.e. first Spring Break season after the pandemic), one strategy is to let your competitors fill up first. Theoretically, once you open reservations you will get people who are more willing to pay higher rates because availability at nearby options is limited.

Of course, this strategy isn't fair for people looking to book early. But from the hotel perspective, they don't care too much about being fair. They simply want the highest rate possible. And since waiting to open reservations doesn't have a downside during a very high-demand period, that may be what they are doing. (Again: Just an educated guess.)

You will need to call the hotel directly and ask for the "onsite Reservations Office" (if they have one). Calling Marriott Central Reservations won't help because they always see the exact same availability as the official website.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
As a former hotel Revenue Manager, my educated guess is that they are purposely blocking booking because of Spring Break. When demand is uncertain for a very high-demand period (i.e. first Spring Break season after the pandemic), one strategy is to let your competitors fill up first. Theoretically, once you open reservations you will get people who are more willing to pay higher rates because availability at nearby options is limited.

Of course, this strategy isn't fair for people looking to book early. But from the hotel perspective, they don't care too much about being fair. They simply want the highest rate possible. And since waiting to open reservations doesn't have a downside during a very high-demand period, that may be what they are doing. (Again: Just an educated guess.)

You will need to call the hotel directly and ask for the "onsite Reservations Office" (if they have one). Calling Marriott Central Reservations won't help because they always see the exact same availability as the official website.
That’s super interesting.

Before I got chance to call, availability opened up for all the blocked off dates. So now all booked up to try it next year!
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Over a month ago the first available date for booking was moved from 9/1 to 9/15. Today it has moved to 9/22. This resort isn’t ready to open.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by writerguyfl

In a situation like this, why not open up reservations but at a very high rate? Worst comes to worst you don't sell any, but if a few people are set on your hotel and willing to pay the highest rate possible, it's a win-win, no?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:20 am

This hotel was already listed on Hotwire for September the other day. It wasn't a particularly good deal, but why would they do that if they know they're not opening?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
My guess is they will move hell or high water to open no later 10/1 for the WDW 50th anniversary whether everything is complete or not. But booking anytime before then will be a risk.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Drove past this property today and from the outside it doesn't look completed. Presumably though they are finishing off the rooms inside.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
In a situation like this, why not open up reservations but at a very high rate? Worst comes to worst you don't sell any, but if a few people are set on your hotel and willing to pay the highest rate possible, it's a win-win, no?
Your idea is solid. But, there are also a couple of reasons why some hotels would still hold off on opening reservations.

First, most hotels have a ton of corporate rates for local companies that aren't public. Those rates tend to be much lower than public rates. If you open up only your highest public rates ($$$), you still might end up with a slew of low corporate rates ($).

Second, it gives your Sales Department extra time to nab a large group booking. Certainly, many large groups book years in advance. But, it's not unheard-of to book a group that needs virtually the entire hotel. Having no other reservations on the books makes that process much easier.

Third, it's a hassle to watch the inventory to ensure your strategy is working. The only group that really benefits are the early-booking guests. Assuming the demand is indeed very high, the hotel probably won't see any real financial benefit.

In the hotels where I was Revenue Manager, that first reason was the main one. Our biggest corporate clients had rates under $100 compared to rack rates in the $300+ range.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:23 pm

Called today asking if the pool and restaurants would be open 9/1 when I have a booking. Reservation agent indicated they would have more of a sense next week, three weeks out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.