Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, Autograph Collection - Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium

Fiqured this hotel deserved its own thread finally

New hotel as an expansion to the swan and dolphin complex, The Cove. Should come with the same Disney perks as both swan and dolphin

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...o-disney-world

new 14-story hotel tower. However, it was clear that the new project would focus on business travelers, with meeting spaces and business suites. Nearly half of the 343 rooms in the hotel will be business suites that can transform from a traditional hotel room into a more professional meeting space with large conference tables, built-in AV systems, and other meeting-focused amenities.

A 90-seat restaurant with an additional 50-seat lounge, a second lobby bar with craft cocktails, and a grab-and-go market will offer guests plenty of dining options.

The Cove is slated to open on March 1, 2021.

Last edited by Nuhusky; Mar 2, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
There's been a lot of coverage of this project on Disney blogs for the last year or two staring with height test balloons a while back. Exciting to have another option in a great location, but seems like they could have tried a little harder on the exterior design to help this jive with the Swan/Dolphin look. Looks more like a suburban office park than a Disney World hotel, but they've kind of been going that direction of late...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

The swan and dolphin heavily index on conferences which I personally find odd given the Disney location. Guess hotel management figured they would build another building with business guests who want luxury in mind. As a guest on vacation it’s kind of annoying having to deal with the conferences and I am sure as a person at the conference it’s annoying to deal with the guests and their kids

I reedeem my bonvoy points at the swan annually. The cove will be a nice addition as the swan rooms tend to be on the smaller side and upgrades rare.

That said im hoping the Jw bonnet creek gets Disney privileges. The Hilton bonnet creek and Waldorf both announced this week they are now part of the Disney hotel program giving guests 60 day out fastpass selection
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone know what brand it will fall under?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:17 pm

Lovely... a hotel in the middle of Tourist Central...with no balconies nor does it appear you can open your windows. While I know locals could care less, tourists like being able to go outside in the Florida heat & humidity. Also, trendy architecture like that's destined to be dated shortly, as the owners of those beautiful 1970s brutalist architecture Sheratons are all too aware of. Yes, it's in the middle of Mouseland, so you'll always be able to con someone into staying in it, but you won't be able to charge premium rates once the trends change.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by svo242
Anyone know what brand it will fall under?
beleive autograph
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a terrible name for a hotel? It just reminds me of the movie by the same name which is all about the slaughter of dolphins in Japan.
MSPeconomist and msp3 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
That said im hoping the Jw bonnet creek gets Disney privileges. The Hilton bonnet creek and Waldorf both announced this week they are now part of the Disney hotel program giving guests 60 day out fastpass selection
Actually it looks like they won't be getting that, just the early/late magic hours. They haven't announce anything else and to bring back OT, I'm hoping that The Cove gets the same benefits as the Swan and Dolphin.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:41 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Looking at google maps aerial views I can't figure out where they will put this. Any ideas?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Looking at google maps aerial views I can't figure out where they will put this. Any ideas?
its going to be built over the mini golf and tennis courts on the other side of the road from the swan
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:02 am

The mini golf is staying as far as I know. They just demolished the event space next to it so that space, and indeed the tennis courts.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
The mini golf is staying as far as I know. They just demolished the event space next to it so that space, and indeed the tennis courts.
That's my understanding too.

For those wanting to keep up on the construction in gory detail, some of the blogs that follow the Disney parks can provide. For example, here's a photo set on the ongoing demolition:

PHOTOS - Ground clearing for the upcoming addition of 'The Cove' to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
The swan and dolphin heavily index on conferences which I personally find odd given the Disney location. Guess hotel management figured they would build another building with business guests who want luxury in mind. As a guest on vacation its kind of annoying having to deal with the conferences and I am sure as a person at the conference its annoying to deal with the guests and their kids.
I have stayed at the Dolphin a couple of times on vacation with my family. The best entrance/exit from the Dolphin to the self-parking requires a significant stroll through conference space, walking past, among other things, registration tables, service staff preparing food/drinks, directional signs mounted on easels, and conference attendees. I do feel a bit out of place, but it is a pleasant space to walk through.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
I have stayed at the Dolphin a couple of times on vacation with my family. The best entrance/exit from the Dolphin to the self-parking requires a significant stroll through conference space, walking past, among other things, registration tables, service staff preparing food/drinks, directional signs mounted on easels, and conference attendees. I do feel a bit out of place, but it is a pleasant space to walk through.
i find it especially fun at the swan walking through the lobby past conf attendees in a bathing suit
EdV likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:17 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Thanks for the info on location. I thought that might be possible (and yet you don't post so, OOME). Going to make using the boat transport or walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios even a longer trek than from the Swan and Dolphin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.