Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Double Stay Credit Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Showed up in my account. I went ahead and registered just for the heck of it. Not sure what value it brings as a Lifetime Titanium and a current Ambassador....and have to wonder the criteria for targeting, assuming it is not available to everyone.
Same here. "Selected especially for you" but it's meaningless to me as getting double nights doesn't help on the $20,000 spend requirement for Ambassador requalification. Even with the reduction in nights that can be earned from credit cards and meetings, I wonder how many people will post over 400 nights this year due to the promo.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I received this as well. I am LTTit and was on pace to not hit 50 nights this year (have moved some stays elsewhere). This promo might make it easier for me to hit 50 nights in which case I'll probably add more Marriott stays towards the end of the year if I can clear 50 for the annual choice gift. So this may recover some lost nights from me.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Can I have that?

I guess people overestimate Marriott that they use some sort of marketing analytics in determining the target of these promotions.

I guess they just randomly selecting members regardless their account activity and status.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by bosman
I received this as well. I am LTTit and was on pace to not hit 50 nights this year (have moved some stays elsewhere). This promo might make it easier for me to hit 50 nights in which case I'll probably add more Marriott stays towards the end of the year if I can clear 50 for the annual choice gift. So this may recover some lost nights from me.
I received as well. I'm LTTiT; already at 76 nights YTD; will re-qualify for ambassador this month; and eclipse 200 nights again this year. What's the sense in offering me double night credits?
margarita girl and kaizen7 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I am disappointed for not being targeted of any Double Credit promo, which could push me to book and stay more this year.

Is there any way to be put in their "golden" list or be recommended for the next turn?

I would switch happily my "Exclusive double points" promo with a double elite night Credit promo...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I am disappointed for not being targeted of any Double Credit promo, which could push me to book and stay more this year.

Is there any way to be put in their "golden" list or be recommended for the next turn?

I would switch happily my "Exclusive double points" promo with a double elite night Credit promo...
I'm in agreement with you. I have no problem meeting the $20K spend requirement, in fact, I tend to go over it. But meeting 100 nights is a bit tough and the double promo would have been helpful. I'd prefer status went more on spend, than amount of nights.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Looking from posting here, apparently a group of members are targeted each months. Unless the pattern change, those who haven't got one might get theirs early next month.

on similar situation as jacca, my spending will passed 20k easily but night count might just barely there.

jacca83 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
niether promo is showing for me. I called and they said they enrolled me in double points promo, but its still not showing up.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by damnyourefine

It’s disappointing that they now require $20k USD spend for the AMB tier (which I have routinely exceeded), but the tier of service does not include access to all of the promotions, or at least the ability to select them.

Being a top tier customer and excluded from something is.. boggling, but it is a free market.
I think their plan might be to get people who aren't yet spending nights (and money) at Marriott hotels to do that. You seem to already be doing a lot of that, so why would they need to incentivize you to do it?
Old May 21, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by oopsz
Will answer my own question - paid stays only! Redemptions don't get double nights.
Did you test that or just from the T's&C's?
Old May 21, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by wonderman
Did you test that or just from the T's&C's?
I redeemed a cert at the end of February that got double credit when it posted and ended up getting taken away last week. Was aware that the T&Cs stated no double credit but was kind of surprised it was removed nearly three months later.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BigJC
I redeemed a cert at the end of February that got double credit when it posted and ended up getting taken away last week. Was aware that the T&Cs stated no double credit but was kind of surprised it was removed nearly three months later.
Fair enough I suppose although I'd have certainly assumed I was safe with that length of time. Presumably you had some incidental spending on the reservation, I know with Hilton that can make a difference in how it's treated for promo's.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:08 pm

I had this promo, for the period ending 8/31/2019.

I just had a three-night stay that ended today, 9/1/2019. Will I get double nights for this? Or does the stay have to be complete by 8/31?

It doesn't really matter either way, I'm going to comfortably hit titanium again either way and won't have the spend for ambassador.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:10 pm

The terms don't really specificially say what happens in this case.

Earn double Elite Night Credits on your eligible nights.

Register today.
Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 08/31/2019.
Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all your eligible nights.

*A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Registered Members can earn double Elite Night Credits on all eligible paid nights consumed during the promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the day after members register through the end of the month, plus an additional three (3) months (the “Earning Period”). Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–5 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. Registered Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. Nights stayed prior to enrollment are not eligible for this offer. Only one room per hotel is counted toward Registered Members’ nights. Credit toward this Promotion is given for nights consumed at participating Marriott hotels that occur within the Earning Period. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for the Promotion, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for the Promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. Rooms booked through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this Promotion. This Promotion is nontransferable and is valid for one-time use. This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at Marriott’s discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott loyalty program terms and conditions apply, which are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. Void for Marriott International, Inc. employees. This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other. Promotion is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Marriott International, Inc., is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law.
If nothing else, it seems I should get double credit for the first two nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.