Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Double Stay Credit Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Still nothing for me.

Does the eligibility period is different than the one released on February?
There was another set of targeted offers released at the beginning of March (running to 06/30) and (I believe) another is (or has been) released for April. I got the FEB offer so I can't complain but Feb-May is a light period for me in terms of hotel bookings.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Its seems like every month Marriott targetting some members for these dual night promo.

Still keep my hope high to get the for June
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by yurtripper
There was another set of targeted offers released at the beginning of March (running to 06/30) and (I believe) another is (or has been) released for April. I got the FEB offer so I can't complain but Feb-May is a light period for me in terms of hotel bookings.
I've been "lucky" in that the nights have mostly been piling on for me this month. I'm presently at 39 nights, with six (3*2) still "loose" from this week. Got two more stays in two weeks (6*2) and may be loading another one in next week (3*2). That would put me at 63 as of the end of April...and probably put me over 75 by the end of June.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Looks like Marriott target some members with these premo each month.

I guess for people who havent been targetted, i guess there still 6 more chances of getting the promo.

The question will be whether the timing match members busy travel period or not
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sscywong
I got a Double Up promo (which is very similar to Double Take but it double my points from the first stay instead of the second stay) shown up in my app but not this Double Stay... Probably you'll get only one or the other (or something others)... But not both...
I am LTTE/Amb and eventually got both (first double points, then later double elite nights credit). Who knows what the algorithm for selection is? I can tell you that I'm in serious points burning mode in 2019 (likely seven figures worth in coming months), even using points for some business trips (which in the past I'd never even consider, but hey dumpster fire). So Marriott's (or their vendor's) system knows that they gave me a double elite night credit promo for a period of time in which I'll not likely be making a lot of paid stays since so many of the nights are already book as points redemption. Maybe they're fishing for a rebooking to revenue? Doubt they're that smart.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:23 am

Actually, giving members who in burning points mode a double points promotion is a logical move.
Attracting revenue booking to replenish those spent points.

Double nights however, quite interesting to giving away these early on like this. Unless they compare the members travel pattern history and targetting those who usually racking plenty of stays during these period but have reduce stays this time.

For example:
First quarter last year I rack up around 32 nights then manage to get another 16 nights on the 2nd quarter.

Then this year my 1st quarter travels only net me 18 nights, but I have another 30 nights booked for 2nd quarter.
This wont trigger that double night promo as the stay is "quite" similar.

However if I somehow did 0 stay for these 2 quarters, I got feeling Marriott might target me for either promotions
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I am LTTE/Amb and eventually got both (first double points, then later double elite nights credit). Who knows what the algorithm for selection is? I can tell you that I'm in serious points burning mode in 2019 (likely seven figures worth in coming months), even using points for some business trips (which in the past I'd never even consider, but hey dumpster fire). So Marriott's (or their vendor's) system knows that they gave me a double elite night credit promo for a period of time in which I'll not likely be making a lot of paid stays since so many of the nights are already book as points redemption. Maybe they're fishing for a rebooking to revenue? Doubt they're that smart.
the managements maybe dumb but their computers might be smart .... who knows
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

It seems like there might be quite a few folks that will qualify as Titanium with these promotions but it makes it tougher to reach the 20k spend for Ambassador with all those free nights. I guess I'll just have to start booking better rooms/suites
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
A few of my work colleagues were targeted with this promo. I am a first year Titanium Elite, and called to see if I could be included, and it worked! The associate registered me right away. I also qualified for a 2 Free Night promo as well. It's possible all employees of my company were targeted, since we tend to get exclusive corporate deals from Marriott.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by rubey419
A few of my work colleagues were targeted with this promo. I am a first year Titanium Elite, and called to see if I could be included, and it worked! The associate registered me right away. I also qualified for a 2 Free Night promo as well. It's possible all employees of my company were targeted, since we tend to get exclusive corporate deals from Marriott.
Interesting, did you originally never received this promotion in your promotion central page on your profile?

As some of the posters here wrote they contact support and was told that if they not targetted, they wont be able to register for it.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Between double points for all stays, double elite-qualifying nights, and double points for all meetings and events (many properties are giving triple!), I think it's clear that Marriott recognizes they have a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they do some sort of big sale for award-redemption stays.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:13 pm

Perhaps the numbers are coming and it shows bonvoy losing elites more than usual?

Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Clearly, there is no rhyme or reason to the targeting. I just received my first targeted promotion ever. It's the Double Elite Nights promo.

Gee, I'm already at 76 nights for the year and will eclipse 200 total again. I'm not going to bother registering. Maybe if I don't register, I'll get one of the better targeted promos, but I'm not holding my breath.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Will answer my own question - paid stays only! Redemptions don't get double nights.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rubey419
No such luck here. Tried to call plat elite line and the associate didn't know what I was talking about and said I was already registered (unknowingly referred to the double points promotion I was already registered for).

Based on what you're saying, I'm guessing you were probably already targeted but just didn't get the email and they had you in the system already...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.