FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   3 Brands/1 Building - Nashville, TN (AC Hotel, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1958436-3-brands-1-building-nashville-tn-ac-hotel-residence-inn-springhill-suites.html)

SkiAdcock Feb 27, 2019 12:32 pm

3 Brands/1 Building - Nashville, TN (AC Hotel, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites)

Marriott press release today:

https://news.marriott.com/2019/02/ma...nder-one-roof/

Marriott makes history delivering first triple-brand hotel that combines the AC Hotels, Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites brands

"...announced the opening of its first newly built property that combines three brands under one roof in vibrant Nashville, across from Music City Convention Center. Developed by North Point Hospitality, the 21-story, $140 million property features three Marriott brands – design-forward AC Hotels, extended stay Residence Inn and stylishly spacious SpringHill Suites – offering business and leisure travelers distinct experiences and amenities under one roof.

At the 209-room AC Hotel Nashville Downtown...The Residence Inn Nashville Downtown/Convention Center, which has 136 suites...the 125-room SpringHill Suites Nashville Downtown/Convention Center...

...thanks to the triple-brand formula, North Point created a property with best-in-class amenities that exceed what guests would find at a single-brand property. Guests, for instance, can enjoy resort-like amenities on the 6th floor that include an indoor/outdoor rooftop pool – complete with fire pits, cabanas and a wrap-around veranda with seating. On the property’s 21st floor, guests can enjoy a cocktail in the rooftop bar – called rtb! – that boasts breathtaking views of Nashville’s downtown skyline."

daloosh Feb 28, 2019 2:42 pm

What an interesting and clever idea. I wonder how many people will be dropped off at the AC check-in and have to get to the RI/SH check-in instead, or vice versa. And I wonder if you are diluting your brands by doing this. But since Marriott says there aren't other triple branded hotels in the making, this might be just a test.

Marriott is really investing and blowing up their footprint in Nashville!

SkiAdcock Feb 28, 2019 5:41 pm

They're certainly adding a lot of properties in Nashville, that's for sure. In the Nashville comparison thread, I recently listed a bunch of properties opening up in the Nashville greater area.

There have been properties in different cities that have 2 brands, so maybe/maybe not on the confusing end. Since the properties shows up as individual properties when searching on Nashville (and have different price points), someone might not even realize that they're under the same roof until they show up at the physical property.

(Nashville, but not 3 brand related - a Luxury Collection property is opening up in Nashville in Oct '20).

Cheers.

Safti Feb 28, 2019 7:44 pm

I have a 5 night cat 5 travel package which we decided to use in Nashville. We wanted to stay downtown, near the music scene and walkable to everything. I am a Titanium Ambassador and was looking at a variety of hotels which are cat 5 to choose from. I contacted the AC directly to inquire about their hotel, suite upgrades and lounge access. I spoke with one of the front desk managers who said that the hotel had just opened 3 weeks ago and she had no idea about suites or CL. She was recently transferred to Nashville from another state. I have to say that her response didn't instil much confidence. I also think it's a kind of weird combination. AC, Springhill and Residence Inn. The location is quite good but in the end I decided on the Sheraton. I don't normally choose a Sheraton but apparently they are newly renovated, are moving up to a cat 6 (so I had to book quickly) , have lots of suites and the CL lounge is open on the weekends. If anyone has stayed in the AC in Nashville, I would be interested to read a review.

SkiAdcock Feb 28, 2019 8:50 pm

A few things

* Just curious - Titanium or Ambassador? They're separate levels.
* AC is limited service. Did you think AC was referring to Autograph Collection, which might have suites but not normally exec lounges? AC (limited service) doesn't have an exec lounge or suites, which might be why the FDM was confused. AC is totally different from Autograph Collection.

Given AC, Springhill & Res Inn are all limited service properties, I don't actually find it a weird combination that they chose those 3 brands to put into one building. I would find it weirder if they put full-service & limited service in the same building.

Cheers.

GoldenItalianBoy Mar 1, 2019 12:56 am

I am almost sure that Accor Group has been doing the same thing for nearly ten years, at least in Europe, mostly in France.
There are lots of block buildings with inside a Suite Novotel, an Ibis and an Etap Hotel (now Ibis Budget), all under the same roof.
In the Accor way there are different "receptions" and corridors are separated, so you can't go to the other brand without exiting the building.
​​​​

DELee Mar 1, 2019 1:18 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 30833884)
I would find it weirder if they put full-service & limited service in the same building.

Well, there is this building in downtown Indianapolis...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...57c8e8deaa.jpg

FWIW.

David

SkiAdcock Mar 1, 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 30834448)
Well, there is this building in downtown Indianapolis...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...57c8e8deaa.jpg

FWIW.

David

They're not in the same building as the JW, so not sure your point. But don't want to detract from Nashville properties so if you want to further discuss Indy properties we could bump that thread.

Cheers.

DELee Mar 1, 2019 10:25 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 30835710)
They're not in the same building as the JW, so not sure your point. But don't want to detract from Nashville properties so if you want to further discuss Indy properties we could bump that thread.

Cheers.

No - they are part of the same building:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b5d317a4b7.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...39dd14065a.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4d87a5bf39.jpg

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I just wanted to point out that there's at least one other 3 Marriott-family building that has 1 full service + 2 limited service brands at least in the United States.

David

itsaboutthejourney Mar 1, 2019 11:01 am

I get the brilliance combining a back office, laundry, and kitchen, etc. to save costs. Marriott is fantastic about coming up with these lower cost ideas. I know the owners love it.

However, I think this is pushing the boundaries of diluting their brands. We know that Marriott already uses the same suppliers across most brands, so even at a Ritz-Carlton you are getting the same bottled water from the city of Modesto, CA as the JW, Marriott, Courtyard people - just a different label. Same for the bathroom amenities: Ritz uses an Asprey formula, JW uses an Aromatherapy Formula, etc. but they are all made at the same factory in China. In the restaurants, Sysco industrial food supply provides the ingredients. Do the guest facing areas share resources such as elevators, pool, fitness center, parking? It really makes their brands less and less distinct. And over the long-term, it makes rooms commodities that they lose pricing power on as the brands have fewer and fewer unique features that they can use for varying pricing.

This homogenization is a big part of what is dislike about Marriott.

jtet Mar 1, 2019 1:24 pm

Seems to me the only thing new about this is that it is a new build. The RI and Courtyard in downtown Houston were in the same building for a long time. Then they shoved a Springhill into the same building envelope. Three separate reception areas separated by short hallways. So dropoff location is not really relevant. I don't see a huge advantage but I guess Marriott corporate does.

Safti Mar 1, 2019 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 30833884)
A few things

* Just curious - Titanium or Ambassador? They're separate levels.
* AC is limited service. Did you think AC was referring to Autograph Collection, which might have suites but not normally exec lounges? AC (limited service) doesn't have an exec lounge or suites, which might be why the FDM was confused. AC is totally different from Autograph Collection.

Given AC, Springhill & Res Inn are all limited service properties, I don't actually find it a weird combination that they chose those 3 brands to put into one building. I would find it weirder if they put full-service & limited service in the same building.

Cheers.

Sorry for the confusion. I am a Lifetime Titanium with Ambassador status. As I understood it from my ambassador, the AC was the Spanish hotel brand and is the equivalent to Courtyard (as he told me). Many Courtyard hotels that I have stayed in do, in fact, have one bedroom suites which are quite nice. They do have a lounge but it's not an executive lounge and they do serve treats but for revenue. Same goes for breakfast. They also have a restaurant for breakfast, unlike the Springhill Suites and Residence Inn which share the same building.

Cll1881 Mar 2, 2019 5:08 am

Curious...could you stay at the AC and be able to walk over to get access to free breakfast at RI/SHS in the morning and the evening reception at RI in the evening?

GoldenItalianBoy Mar 2, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Cll1881 (Post 30838349)
Curious...could you stay at the AC and be able to walk over to get access to free breakfast at RI/SHS in the morning and the evening reception at RI in the evening?

:p I hope they already thought how to prevent this kind of fraud

UA-NYC Mar 2, 2019 5:52 am

In the US at least, Any AC >>>>> Any CY IMO