Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Trump checks into JW Marriott Hanoi, Vietnam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trump checks into JW Marriott Hanoi, Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
They will block not only the whole floor but also bottom and if there's a top floor as well.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
I am at the J W Marriott Hanoi. Coming into the hotel is like going through the TSA at a US airport.
Lots of US Guys with earplugs, Media and Vietnam police.
Otherwise no interruption of service.
Kim came by train as N Korea does not have a Presidential/Premier/Chairman airplane. He borrowed one from China for Sin meeting, but apparently to embarrassed to borrow it again.
Top floor not blocked and lower level not blocked .
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I hope they stocked up on ketchup.
Sorry, but it's clearly because the JW Hanoi has the best covfefe of any hotel in the city!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by shelby101
I am at the J W Marriott Hanoi. Coming into the hotel is like going through the TSA at a US airport.
Kim came by train as N Korea does not have a Presidential/Premier/Chairman airplane. He borrowed one from China for Sin meeting, but apparently to embarrassed to borrow it again.
Top floor not blocked and lower level not blocked .
Cavity search every time you enter the hotel?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Russians Made him do it.....
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
But I guess no free breakfast for Trump, if he just has Marriott gold status.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did JW check Trump's ID? Did Trump apply for Vietnamese Visa?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I was in Cabo during a G10 foreign minister meeting, Hillary was Sec of State then. Guys with earplugs from many countries, hanging out looking at the sea. But X-ray and metal detectors. It didn't occur to me what was going on before arriving at the hotel, I thought to myself, "wow, Mexico got a lot more dangerous since the last time I was here!"
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Folks, if you want to post crude jokes and humor, we have a forum just for you. Its called OMNI. If you want to post about Marriott related issues/topics without the crude references, then feel free to post away here.

Thanks.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
This thread is interesting, especially hearing people's experiences who are there at the same time.

Mildly OT - I ran into Mike Pence and his motorcade in Bogota a couple of days ago.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
they didn't consider Sofitel? That hotel is beautiful. Guess lots of other factors crossed that off the list?
The actual meetings are being held at the Sofitel Metropole, though Trump and Kim are staying at other hotels.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/s...noi/index.html

It's the same as the Singapore summit, where Kim stayed at the St Regis, Trump stayed at the Shangri-La, and they met at a third hotel, the Capella.

I was at the InterContinental in LA when Trump stayed there last year. They blocked off every street in every direction for two blocks with steel barriers and empty trucks and buses, then had metal crowd control barriers around the block where the hotel was, with layers of security who only let hotel guests through, and metal detectors at the lobby entrance, but beyond that, the hotel was weirdly normal.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not yet......but doesn't the Prresidential travel policy specify a whole floor at a StR, RC, or something similar, of course including the Presidential suite, USA chains only of course?

It would be fun if someone from FT were staying here not or alternatively had had a reservation and were displaced or walked for the President. [I once almost lost a hotel room reservation for Hillary, but it wasn't a Starriott property.]
I lost my upgraded room at the JW Beijing Central to the Secretary of State's entourage. Hotel also closed the executive lounge!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Other than going onto the property and into the hotel, All was normal. Lounge was open, staff was attentive, was a pleasant experience plus was given a huge suite.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Other than going onto the property and into the hotel, All was normal. Lounge was open, staff was attentive, was a pleasant experience plus was given a huge suite.
Thanks for the update (and congrats on the suite).

Cheers.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:18 pm

Do you think he to pay a early check-out fee?
KenTarmac and Ikaz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.