Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; CO Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Double Points Promotion - Definition of a stay?

Hi -
The promo mentions -

"Earn double points on stays – starting with your second stay – at more than 6,700 participating hotels around the world."

1) What is definition of stay? I have a long trip coming and want to finish of the first stay. For this first stay can I just stay for one night or do we need to stay for 2 nights?

2) The double points - will I get 2x points also on the titanium bonus points?

Thanks,
KD
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kountdrak
Hi -
The promo mentions -

"Earn double points on stays – starting with your second stay – at more than 6,700 participating hotels around the world."

1) What is definition of stay? I have a long trip coming and want to finish of the first stay. For this first stay can I just stay for one night or do we need to stay for 2 nights?

2) The double points - will I get 2x points also on the titanium bonus points?

Thanks,
KD
It is all in the wiki

But yes, one night is fine for the first night Double points is only for the base points. Not on you titanium bonus Same points, as your titanium bonus is calculated from.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by outlawashere
Will incidentals on an award stay be counted in the promo?
Taken from the T&C
nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for the Promotion
If your question is will incidentals and fees count for double points promo..
It will depend on how the hotel accounts your bill.
Whatever you earn in base points will mirror as x2 for the double points promo.
So basically you add another 10x multiplier on your qualifying spend.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:09 am

Does anyone have a working URL to register for this promo? Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:49 pm

Not sure if this has been answered, but I did not see it in the wiki:

Checking in 18th and checking out 19th: does that count as first stay?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Cdotcheng

No. Your 'stay' must be on March 19 or after.

As your question indicates, your "stay" is on March 18.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Cdotcheng

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
No. Your 'stay' must be on March 19 or after.

As your question indicates, your "stay" is on March 18.
Question 3 in the wiki, also confirmed by the lurkers. Yes it does count.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Question 3 in the wiki, also confirmed by the lurkers. Yes it does count.
What’s on the wiki is that if check out occurs after March 19 the stay will count as your first stay, not that it will count if you check out on March 19.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by puchong
Wiki!
txpenny likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If I stay somewhere on 29th March (1st stay) for one night then at a different hotel on 30th March (2nd stay) for also one night, what happens if the 2nd stay posts to the account first? Does that become the 1st stay, i.e based on check out date or date posted to account?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Taken from the T&C

If your question is will incidentals and fees count for double points promo..
It will depend on how the hotel accounts your bill.
Whatever you earn in base points will mirror as x2 for the double points promo.
So basically you add another 10x multiplier on your qualifying spend.
My question is, will base points earned while on an award stay, for example, dining in the hotel resteraunt during the award stay, be doubled? Or will it not be doubled since "award stays are not eligible for double take" promo.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by outlawashere
My question is, will base points earned while on an award stay, for example, dining in the hotel resteraunt during the award stay, be doubled? Or will it not be doubled since "award stays are not eligible for double take" promo.
The latter. Award stays are not eligible for this promo.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
If I stay somewhere on 29th March (1st stay) for one night then at a different hotel on 30th March (2nd stay) for also one night, what happens if the 2nd stay posts to the account first? Does that become the 1st stay, i.e based on check out date or date posted to account?
The stays *should* count for the promo in stay date order, not the order in which they post to your account. Whether they do will depend entirely on the quality of the programming of the promo processing.

I can imagine that there'll be quite a number who will get in a quick 1-night stay to activate the promo immediately ahead of a much longer stay, so this'll be one to watch closely.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 18, 2019 at 2:58 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by puchong
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Wiki!
Unfortunately that link in the wiki does not work for some of us
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobster
Unfortunately that link in the wiki does not work for some of us
Also in the wiki, if he link does not work you will have to call. Or in other ways contact customer service.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.