Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Still not working for me, the app now now had a big banner promoting the promotion, but if I click on the link to register it takes me to my promotion page where it say no new promotions.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just got my confirmation email. Only took it 7 days to reach me.
Eight hours later, I receive another email from Marriott Bonvoy.

Oxon, Earn Double Points Around the World

DOUBKE TAKE
Earn 2x points around the world
REGISTER NOW
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
I seem to be registered now... and I have a quick question, I hope someone can clarify this for me :-)

I plan on checking into a hotel #1 on 3/24 for one night, this will count as a stay (1st stay)
I will then be checking into another hotel #2 on 3/25 until 3/31, this will count as a stay (2nd stay, and will start earning double the points for this stay)
I will then be checking into the same hotel as #2 on 4/1 until the end of April (will this count as a 3rd stay? And will I get double the points for the whole month?)

Thank you all in advance!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cager
I seem to be registered now... and I have a quick question, I hope someone can clarify this for me :-)

I plan on checking into a hotel #1 on 3/24 for one night, this will count as a stay (1st stay)
I will then be checking into another hotel #2 on 3/25 until 3/31, this will count as a stay (2nd stay, and will start earning double the points for this stay)
I will then be checking into the same hotel as #2 on 4/1 until the end of April (will this count as a 3rd stay? And will I get double the points for the whole month?)

You should get double points for the whole month but it will not be counted as 3rd stay. It will still be a 2nd stay
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cager

Your stay at hotel #1 will count as a stay and you will get double points for any stays after that during the period.

Your two check ins in hotel #2 will count as one stay as they are consecutive nights But as double points are from stay number two, that is fine You'll get double points for the whole period
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
You should get double points for the whole month but it will not be counted as 3rd stay. It will still be a 2nd stay
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Your stay at hotel #1 will count as a stay and you will get double points for any stays after that during the period.

Your two check ins in hotel #2 will count as one stay as they are consecutive nights But as double points are from stay number two, that is fine You'll get double points for the whole period
Sounds like OP is checking out on Mar 31 and checking back in on Apr 1. So these are stays #2 and #3 . I agree that he/she will get double points on both and stays are irrelevant in Bonbon program so not sure what all the fuss is about.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thank you all for your responses. Crystal clear in my head now :-)

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Sounds like OP is checking out on Mar 31 and checking back in on Apr 1. So these are stays #2 and #3 . I agree that he/she will get double points on both and stays are irrelevant in Bonbon program so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Eight hours later, I receive another email from Marriott Bonvoy.

Me too. Yesterday I got the confirmation email. This morning I got the promo email.

I figured they were just demonstrating their IT systems.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
got an email this morning confirming that i am registered for the promo....then i got another email in the afternoon asking me to register for the promo....
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:06 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
If I’m in the middle of a stay on 3/19 will that count as my first stay? My arrival is 3/17.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
got an email this morning confirming that i am registered for the promo....then i got another email in the afternoon asking me to register for the promo....
Same exact thing happened to me. I assume the second email was simply part of a marketing blast that is going out to everyone, but you've got to love the timing.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by ymx
If I’m in the middle of a stay on 3/19 will that count as my first stay? My arrival is 3/17.
Refer to Q/A 3 in the wiki of this thread.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question does this STACK with a February targeted promotion?

I was targeted in February for a promotion where I earn wwww bonus points on my first stay, xxxx bonus points on my second stay, and yyyy bonus points on my third stay, for a total of zzzzz bonus points for those 3 stays, on my first 3 stays through May 31. That promotion's T&C says it may be compatible with other promotions, but it depends on the other promotion. I already registered for that promotion back in February, and I've already booked my 3 stays (all in May).

Well, according to T&Cs in the wiki of this thread, this Double Take promo says nothing about whether it is compatible with other promotions.

So if I were to register for Double Take, would I earn wwww bonus points on my first weekday stay, xxxx bonus points plus double base points on my second weekday stay, and yyyy bonus points plus double base points on my third weekday stay? Or would I only earn one or the other bonus on any particular stay?

(I do realize that only the base points would be doubled by Double Take, and that the bonus points from the other promotion would not be doubled. I'm not asking that kind of stacking, I'm only asking if I can earn both promos on the same stays if I register for both promos.)

Without knowing the answer to this, I'm hesitant to register for Double Take, because xxxx, yyyy, and zzzz are far bigger numbers than double of the base points at the inexpensive hotels I'm staying at, and I don't want to put those at risk (since these are likely to be my only three Marriott Bonvoy stays before May 31).

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:51 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I was targeted in February for a promotion where I earn wwww bonus points on my first stay, xxxx bonus points on my second stay, and yyyy bonus points on my third stay, for a total of zzzzz bonus points for those 3 stays, on my first 3 stays through May 31. That promotion's T&C says it may be compatible with other promotions, but it depends on the other promotion. I already registered for that promotion back in February, and I've already booked my 3 stays (all in May).

Well, according to T&Cs in the wiki of this thread, this Double Take promo says nothing about whether it is compatible with other promotions.

So if I were to register for Double Take, would I earn wwww bonus points on my first weekday stay, xxxx bonus points plus double base points on my second weekday stay, and yyyy bonus points plus double base points on my third weekday stay? Or would I only earn one or the other bonus on any particular stay?

(I do realize that only the base points would be doubled by Double Take, and that the bonus points from the other promotion would not be doubled. I'm not asking that kind of stacking, I'm only asking if I can earn both promos on the same stays if I register for both promos.)

Without knowing the answer to this, I'm hesitant to register for Double Take, because xxxx, yyyy, and zzzz are far bigger numbers than double of the base points at the inexpensive hotels I'm staying at, and I don't want to put those at risk (since these are likely to be my only three Marriott Bonvoy stays before May 31).

Thanks.
Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?

A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.

Feel free to add this to the wiki.
Raybull likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I didn't get any emails or confirmations, but I called in yesterday and rep said she signed me up, and today I can see it under promotions. Oy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.