Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
I called and they enrolled me. Now I am trying to see it on the Promotions page, but it does not show up. Tried logging out and back in and it still does not work. I am at a loss as to how I can get a confirmation that I am really enrolled.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As has been explained, the promotion does not show up until a day or so after you have spoken with the representative.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As has been explained, the promotion does not show up until a day or so after you have spoken with the representative.
Which, quite frankly, is another example of Marriott Inc's terrible IT capabilties.

As a Tit Elite, I now have to call myself as the website and app are both useless for promos (and their easy registration links) yet again.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by margarita girl

You’ll have to call. My account has finally been updated to show the promo about 24 hrs after I called to register.
Like promos in the 1990s. Call to register.

Well done Marriott.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I was able to register for the promotion. I was not able to register immediately, nor was I able to avoid the warning about a problem and the need to call. I never called. But now everything is fine.

Except for the APP, which still does not show me registered for the promo.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I was able to register for the promotion. I was not able to register immediately, nor was I able to avoid the warning about a problem and the need to call. I never called. But now everything is fine.

Except for the APP, which still does not show me registered for the promo.
Keep a screenshot. You never know what may happen in the future
PointWeasel and jimdarcy like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Remember folks...the website updates about once per day (usually at night ET is what I've found). This is why the mobile app always shows points being awarded up to a day ahead of the website. I imagine it's the same for promotions. You get registered through a third-party source, like a call center, and the website won't update that for at least a day.

Do not panic if you don't see the promotion immediately on the web page after the call center tells you you're registered. If after 2 days or so it doesn't appear then you can call back or have someone else look into it.

The promo doesn't start until March 19 so you have plenty of time anyway.

-RM
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Remember folks...the website updates about once per day (usually at night ET is what I've found). This is why the mobile app always shows points being awarded up to a day ahead of the website. I imagine it's the same for promotions. You get registered through a third-party source, like a call center, and the website won't update that for at least a day.

Do not panic if you don't see the promotion immediately on the web page after the call center tells you you're registered. If after 2 days or so it doesn't appear then you can call back or have someone else look into it.

The promo doesn't start until March 19 so you have plenty of time anyway.

-RM
Good advice there. And registration is open until May 21, 2019.

US member. Registered directly from my account. No issues. Honestly, I haven't had any issue throughout this entire journey, save for some minor hiccups (fixed) from the initial data merger last August.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can’t register for this promo and keep getting the “page is unavailable are you trying to make a reservation” message. It’s not that surprising since I was never able to register for the Mega Bonus promos online in the past. Perhaps it’s because my address is in China. It’s probably not a priority market for Marriott;-)
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:37 am

Just called to register having had the same issues referenced above...
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by GlobalTvller
Singapore Based Platinum member - trying to sign up & get the error page - email Bonvoy customer support and have had no reply after 48 hours.

Can anyone confirm if this is targeted or open to any member and the Marriott system is buggy?
So is it targeted promotion or not? I don't event receive a promo email on this
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lingua101
No it's not. Confirmed by Lurker in post # 181.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by lingua101
I’m not even sure there is promotional email. I haven’t received anything. On March 6, the day the promotion opened, I received an email headed “Experience the Extraordinary”, which promoted Moments.

If it’s OK with you Bonvoy, could I experience the Competent and the Functional first please ?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:33 am

Super disappointed with this promo. Have a long stay planned with multiple rooms starting on the 19th for a conference, which is by far the longest/most expensive stay I have planned during that time period. With this, plus the lack of ability to actually self enroll, I'm strongly considering recommending Hyatts for my company's travel in the future.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jaundicedave
Super disappointed with this promo. Have a long stay planned with multiple rooms starting on the 19th for a conference, which is by far the longest/most expensive stay I have planned during that time period. With this, plus the lack of ability to actually self enroll, I'm strongly considering recommending Hyatts for my company's travel in the future.
Hyatt generally has the same term, that campaigns are from your second stay. The current one with 1500 points extra per night for sure has that condition. You are unlucky with the start date, but that is just how it happens sometimes.
​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.