Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a members nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A weekend stay is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy members card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the members account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points youll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As of yesterday morning, I wasn’t seeing anything so I called. The agent registered me for the promotion in less than a minute and by late last night it was showing on the website.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Cll1881

My account showed the same on both the website and the app - no promotions. But when I went to the promo link mentioned in this thread, I was able to register.
I had the same issue, the promos I registered for are showing up on the website but still nothing shows up in the app! UGH!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ayee007
I had the same issue, the promos I registered for are showing up on the website but still nothing shows up in the app! UGH!
The app page is known to be problematic. The targeted promos don't show up in it either.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by jtwiz
FYI. I had to call Marriott due to another issue and while on with the representative, I asked them to check on my eligibility for the new promo because I couldn't see it. She enrolled me and I now see it on my Promotions Central page and on the app. And for the record, my account now has the correct numbers of nights, points, etc. for the first time in ages.
Originally Posted by Lobster
Is this a targeted promotion? I have not received any message and if I look at the promotion page in my account it says 0 new promotions. In fact if it was not for Flyertalk I would not know anything about this promotion
Agreed... I called in to register as suggested above and found out that I was eligible for a targeted promotion. I was told it was because I'm opted out of all promotion correspondence... which I'm not according to the website. I'm feeling slightly better as I need to keep my eyes open on FT to see when I have another promotion.

The agent said she was getting "a lot" of phone calls about this.

Originally Posted by vanheslig
So am I right, that an one night first stay qualify?
My private correspondence with a lurker verified that a one night stay at a unique hotel qualifies for the first night.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: MR rewards
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Its even more unfair when in many countries, there are no options to get any of the credit cards. You already get 15 nights of credits towards requalifying! They should have just given the extra 500 points to anyone staying weekend nights - I think SPG had something like this in the past...
Its 5 not 15 !
Check the link for more info ..
Ihttps://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/personal-banking/cards/credit-cards/spg-card/

In this case we are talking about the people holding and paying annual fees, your not paying anything !!
If you pay $400 every year you want to be treated the same.

Talk to a big bank in your country let other people talk about Marriott credit card they well do it..
use Amex you can transfer there points to Bonvoy check Amex in your country!

Im member since 2006 just got the card last year.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The app page is known to be problematic. The targeted promos don't show up in it either.
Just the app page? I think Marriott has shown all of its IT to be problematic.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:33 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I've summarised the 'it's unclear" questions [Paging Lurkers ] into the wiki, and would welcome some definitive answers be added...
Sorry, but none of us have the ability to update any wiki's at this point in time. However, if you'd like to add them for us, here are the answers:

A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check in before March 19 but check out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check in before June 4 that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

kalo93406, uanj, KRSW and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Sorry, but none of us have the ability to update any wiki's at this point in time. However, if you'd like to add them for us, here are the answers:

A : If you check in before March 19 but check out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check in before June 4 that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.
Thank you for these answers. I don't really have many complaints with Marriott, Bonvoy, Points.. etc.. But the Manager responsible for information that gets disseminated with promotions is really lacking in brain power. A link to FAQs or just a few more details in the terms would prevent hundreds(thousands?) of calls, misinformation, lost time, more money in Marriott's pocket. I just can't understand, when relatively simple fixes could be put in place, the same questions happen over and over again. Why is this information NOT included with the promotion/terms????

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 6, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Thank you for these answers. I don't really have many complaints with Marriott, Bonvoy, Points.. etc.. But the Manager responsible for information that get disseminated with promotions is really lacking in brain power. A link to FAQs or just a few more details in the terms would prevent hundreds(thousands?) of calls, misinformation, lost time, more money in Marriott's pocket. I just can't understand, when relatively simple fixes could be put in place, the same questions happen over and over again. Why is this information NOT included with the promotion/terms????
SPG had FAQ's with every promo
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Wiki updated for you William
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

The fact that someone asked if a one-night stay counted as the first stay makes me question whether the second stay onwards needs to be more than one night? Also, the Terms and Conditions refer to "consecutive nights, which also isnt clear whether you need to stay 1 or 2 nights from the second stay onwards for the double points?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by weld3z
Its 5 not 15 !
Check the link for more info ..
Ihttps://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/personal-banking/cards/credit-cards/spg-card/

In this case we are talking about the people holding and paying annual fees, your not paying anything !!
If you pay $400 every year you want to be treated the same.

Talk to a big bank in your country let other people talk about Marriott credit card they well do it..
use Amex you can transfer there points to Bonvoy check Amex in your country!

Im member since 2006 just got the card last year.
I thought some cards gave 15 nights? An agent on the phone told me this while trying to encourage me to get one, without realising we cant apply in my country! The points transfer rate through Amex is terrible! Yes you pay an annual fee but thats what most people with credit cards do (some get them waived) but thats not for these extra things. You already have the ability to earn Marriott points at a good rate and qualify for Platinum much more easily. I bet those with credit cards from non-US locations arent happy as theyre not getting the 500 points so it wouldnt have benefitted me even if I had one. The programme is too US-centric - even the promo page is mostly US promotions with very few international ones.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:55 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

The fact that someone asked if a one-night stay counted as the first stay makes me question whether the second stay onwards needs to be more than one night? Also, the Terms and Conditions refer to "consecutive nights, which also isnt clear whether you need to stay 1 or 2 nights from the second stay onwards for the double points?
Sorry. I just answered the question as it was posed. As far as I can tell from reading the terms and conditions of the offer, there is no minimum length of stay requirement.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:57 pm

Sorry. I just answered the question as it was posed. As far as I can tell from reading the terms and conditions of the offer, there is no minimum length of stay requirement.
Thanks. Youd probably agree that the terms could be clearer though!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
My big question for the lurkers is whether this promotion is meant to be open to everyone. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.