Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
log in and see if the promo shows up under your profile and registered promotions. Mine gave the same error, but the promo shows up as having me registered for it.
It does not.

I suspect that my account is still somewhere in the background coded as Ritz account - as this kind of behavior was common in the past. But of course I can be wrong, and is just the Marriott IT doing its thing.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Is this a targeted promotion? I have not received any message and if I look at the promotion page in my account it says 0 new promotions. In fact if it was not for Flyertalk I would not know anything about this promotion
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Lobster
Is this a targeted promotion? I have not received any message and if I look at the promotion page in my account it says 0 new promotions. In fact if it was not for Flyertalk I would not know anything about this promotion
My account showed the same on both the website and the app - no promotions. But when I went to the promo link mentioned in this thread, I was able to register.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Quick questions- a stay between March 18 and 21 - so one day earlier check-in from the first day of the promotion period (March 19) - will this stay count as the first stay? Probably not?
Ah... just one day!!!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Antarius
log in and see if the promo shows up under your profile and registered promotions. Mine gave the same error, but the promo shows up as having me registered for it.
I get the error text: "You may have received this message because the page you seek is no longer available on the Marriott website.

If you wish to make a hotel reservation, please use the Find & Reserve search card..."

Promo is also not listed in my registered promotions on the website or the app.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
FYI. I had to call Marriott due to another issue and while on with the representative, I asked them to check on my eligibility for the new promo because I couldn't see it. She enrolled me and I now see it on my Promotions Central page and on the app. And for the record, my account now has the correct numbers of nights, points, etc. for the first time in ages.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Quick questions- a stay between March 18 and 21 - so one day earlier check-in from the first day of the promotion period (March 19) - will this stay count as the first stay? Probably not?
Ah... just one day!!!
Yes it does count. I had the same situation with the last promo where my stay straddle the starting date of the promo, and it counted.
Michilander and noeatbutgo like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Miles&More
So am I right, that an one night first stay qualify?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
OK, so this may have been answered - but what gets doubled - I just finished a 42 day stay and this is my points total:
Base - 28874 - pitiful i know - but hotel rates in sleepy towns in mexico are dirt cheap
elite - 21656
extra - 2000 - not exactly sure where this came from
Total - 52,530

What gets doubled?

I have another stay at the same hotel for 41 night in april/may and wondering what i can expect for points?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
OK, so this may have been answered - but what gets doubled
Base points get doubled. 20x instead of 10x.
Michilander and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Yes it does count. I had the same situation with the last promo where my stay straddle the starting date of the promo, and it counted.
Awesome, thanks for sharing your experience.
Lizie likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've summarised the 'it's unclear" questions [Paging Lurkers ] into the wiki, and would welcome some definitive answers be added.

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I'd probably hedge my bets on this one with "The T&Cs don't say either way. Historically : Marriott did include a stay that straddled the promo start/end date; SPG normally had specific wording in it's T&Cs if it did, otherwise it didn't"
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Base points get doubled. 20x instead of 10x.
so, then elite points are calculated off the original 10X base points?

I figured as much, oh well, at least this time the rooms are $75 a night rather than $55, so more base points LOL
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/in...ionUnavailable

This is the message I receive.

The incompetence continues...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Other than the usual Marriott IT incompetence this is IMO a decent promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.