Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I hope no one has 2 weeks in the Maldives starting on 19th March or just before! They’ll struggle to get around this one.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
and the next one will pobably start in Q2, so it’s correct-ish
I wouldn’t count on that.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by goodeats21
At least 2 people have received the mailer, just on this thread.
Can you guys confirm this arrived in the mail, and not obtained some other way?.
Confirmed.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by craigthemif
assumed it would take 3 weeks for the US Postal Service to deliver something...
I wish Canada Post could work that quickly...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I wish Canada Post could work that quickly...
My wife just received this mailing today from Canada Post.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Just to be sure ...

is 19th March ...check in date or check out date ?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Are there two Marriott promotions:

(1) In this thread we are reading now is the "Double Take" promotion, (2) but in this closed thread is the "Double Stay" promotion. Marriott Double Stay Credit Promo

The terms and conditions of the "Double Stay" indicate that you can combine the two promotions: "This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other."
  • What is Double Stay: Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all your eligible nights.

I am confused. And I am ready to enroll. Is it March 5 yet?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pocatello

(1) In this thread we are reading now is the "Double Take" promotion, (2) but in this closed thread is the "Double Stay" promotion. Marriott Double Stay Credit Promo

The terms and conditions of the "Double Stay" indicate that you can combine the two promotions: "This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other."
  • What is Double Stay: Get double Elite Night Credits - that’s one Elite Night Credit plus one additional Elite Night Credit for all your eligible nights.

Why was that other thread deleted? Mine seems to be the double stay credit promo, not sure if this is instead of or in addition to the double points one being discussed.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Pocatello

I think that other promotion might be a targeted promo like these.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ry-2019-a.html
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl

I think that other promotion might be a targeted promo like these.

Yes it is a targeted promo with many different offers incl some very lucrative ones such as 5 elite nights for one stay, or a FN cert for one stay.
Then there are some folks dont get any offer, this incl my husband and a friend - they have not had any promo in their accounts online. I have the 2 elite nights for each eligible pay night.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes it is a targeted promo with many different offers incl some very lucrative ones such as 5 elite nights for one stay, or a FN cert for one stay.
I have double points. The T&C of the targeted promo allow stacking. We'll see what the T&C for the 'Double Take' promo say. If they do stack, I have a stay in Tokyo end of March that will rack up some serious points.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:49 pm

Under my promotions, it already has it available to sign up, however it says from NOW until May 31, unlike the dates from the leaked cards...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ayee007
Under my promotions, it already has it available to sign up, however it says from NOW until May 31, unlike the dates from the leaked cards...
No, what you are seeing here is your targeted promo, and many of those expire on May 31. See here.

The quarterly promo which is for everyone will be available for sign up shortly and is stackable with your targeted promo.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The direct link still didn't work for me, but I was able to see it in the Promotions tab in my account.

Double points, starting with the second stay, from March 19 through June 4, plus an additional 500 points per weekend stay (Friday or Saturday, worldwide), starting with the first, for "Marriott Bonvoy US Card Members," which I assume includes both the Visa and Amex cards.

As expected, double points applies only to base earnings.

Here's the direct registration link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DU19

Note: When I actually clicked it, it said that I couldn't be registered, and then seemingly registered me anyway. Yay, Marriott IT! You may want to wait a few hours to click the button yourself.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
I have a three night stay in China that checks out on March 19 .

Will that count for the first stay ?

If not, will extending the stay to 20th make it count ?

If extending doesn't work, I may just check in at a nearby cheap Bonvoy property to get the first stay sorted .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.