Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:46 pm

This is Christmas come early for those lucky enough to get the overlapping double nights promo ( targeted). Quite a windfall.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by craigthemif
No need to be an idiot. It's clearly printed material that has been leaked. (with a much longer timeframe for printing and distribution)

Or do you think that printed material magically appears worldwide within seconds of the promo being announced?
Um, no. I got it in the mail.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Thanks for the speculative answer, but that wasn’t the question. Some MR promos have required a minimum of 2 nights for stay eligibility.
Which MR promos were those? : Requiring a 2 night stay to earn 2000 bonus points (the previous Megabonus) is not the same thing as requiring a minimum of 2 nights for stay eligibility.

The Megabonus which required 2 nights stay to earn 2000 bonus points did not redefine the term "stay", Furthermore, the other part of that promo (the unique brand bonus) did not have any such 2-night requirement. So a "stay" in that promo only required 1 night, but only those stays that were 2+ nights earned the 2000 point part of the promo.

Under what conditions you earn, and what the definition of a stay is, those are two totally different things from a legal T&Cs perspective, even though you may want to mix them up to "simplify" your own view of a particular promo.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Thanks for the speculative answer, but that wasn’t the question. Some MR promos have required a minimum of 2 nights for stay eligibility. That’s what I was asking. In my case I have an upcoming resort stay in late march, that I am expecting to net me some 150k points. This would be my first stay in the promo period. So, while I’m waiting for the postman to arrive, I would like to know whether I have to book a 1 or 2 nights stay prior to that resort stay, so that I can make that my second stay in the promo period.
I'm afraid the flyer went out with the recycling this morning
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by txpenny
Love this one. I'll easily eclipse a 125K bonus.
Wow. $12,500 spend in 2.5 months!

That's about what I spend in a year to get to 100 nights.
txpenny likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Which MR promos were those? : Requiring a 2 night stay to earn 2000 bonus points (the previous Megabonus) is not the same thing as requiring a minimum of 2 nights for stay eligibility.

The Megabonus which required 2 nights stay to earn 2000 bonus points did not redefine the term "stay", Furthermore, the other part of that promo (the unique brand bonus) did not have any such 2-night requirement. So a "stay" in that promo only required 1 night, but only those stays that were 2+ nights earned the 2000 point part of the promo.

Under what conditions you earn, and what the definition of a stay is, those are two totally different things from a legal T&Cs perspective, even though you may want to mix them up to "simplify" your own view of a particular promo.
Damn! You’re pretty good with definitions. You should write a dictionary.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by CPRich
What's that about "idiot"?
Maybe a reference to the Marriott marketing muppet who's been sending out "register now" snail-mailings long before registration for the promo actually begins …. ?

Seems rather odd, in this day and age, to be sending out printed promo materials. Just out of curiosity, those who did get the snail-mailing, what are your marketing preferences set at ?

As word the promo is now 'official', I've updated the thread title and it'll become the promo master thread.
margarita girl and UA-NYC like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Feb 26, 2019 at 4:36 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Maybe a reference to the Marriott marketing muppet who's been sending out "register now" snail-mailings long before registration for the promo actually begins …. ?

Seems rather odd, in this day and age, to be sending out printed promo materials. Just out of curiosity, those who did get the snail-mailing, what are your marketing preferences set at ?

As word the promo is now 'official', I've updated the thread title and it'll become the promo master thread.
Or blame the Marriott millenial intern who has never used snail mail before and assumed it would take 3 weeks for the US Postal Service to deliver something...
Jiatong likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:19 am

If I have a stay start before the promotion and end in the middle of the promotion, will I get double points for the whole stay?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by finalforever
If I have a stay start before the promotion and end in the middle of the promotion, will I get double points for the whole stay?
Bonus points would start with your second stay. Nothing on first stay.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by finalforever
That will be answered when the FAQs come out, as it is a regular FAQ!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Is there a reason Marriott is so bad at this? This seems like a pretty good promotion that people are excited about and could influence bookings towards Marriott. Why kind of let the cat out of the bag but not really tell us about it until March 5? Why not promote this to get people that are booking now to book with Marriott? And since when is March 19-June 5 Q1?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
And since when is March 19-June 5 Q1?
...because title of the thread is incorrect and since people on flyertalk seem to insist on labeling promotions by quarter when they are rarely if ever announced and run entirely within a single calendar quarter.
joachimm likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
...because title of the thread is incorrect and since people on flyertalk seem to insist on labeling promotions by quarter when they are rarely if ever announced and run entirely within a single calendar quarter.
Who defined ‘Q1’ as referring to the duration and not the launch date though ? The promo starts in Q1, and the next one will pobably start in Q2, so it’s correct-ish.

Any suggestions for better promo indexing are welcomed.

Perhaps we should take inspiration from ancient religious history and have this promo as “1 AB” (Anno Bonvoy).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I have a 6-night stay planned for May but nothing before or after it... guess I'd better find a cheap 1-nighter before that 6-nighter!
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.