Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:45 am

Same error message as above: ie,” can’t register online but call us and it will be fine”. Yeah, right....110,000,000 people calling, that’s gonna work.
They just can’t take a trick. Unbelievable.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
I received the same message, but hit refresh on the "My Promotions" page and it looks like I'm registered (i.e. the "we cannot register you" message is gone). Anyone else see this?

dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
Spoke too soon, now when I click on "see details" next to the promotion, the message is back!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A stay where “international” members are formally demoted to second tier members - even ignoring that we don’t earn anything like the same number of points as US residents with credit cards. Thanks a lot, Utah people.
kalo93406, HHQX888, canael and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Getting that same error message as well...well done Bonvoy.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I get "You may have received this message because the page you seek is no longer available on the Marriott website."
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
When logged in to my wife's account, it's as though this promotion doesn't even exist. Cool, cool.

You may have received this message because the page you seek is no longer available on the Marriott website.

If you wish to make a hotel reservation, please use the Find & Reserve search card.

You can also try using the links listed below to find the page you’re looking for. Or, go to the home page and try navigating from there.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
On my "Promotion" page, there is no new promotion.
The promotion does not exist for me.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by hw711
I get "You may have received this message because the page you seek is no longer available on the Marriott website."
That's what I see as well when I click on the link posted here. Plus nothing on my Promotion Central page, no email, no snail mail flyer, nada. Just like the recent targeted promo. I am definitely not feeling the love from Bonvoy...and if you add in my missing stays, etc. I am questioning my loyalty to this brand after all these years. sigh...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Remember to book direct to earn points.
If I parse this real literally — “consecutive nights” — that means 1 night does not constitute a “stay”. Do I have that right?
emma dog and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by porciuscato

If I parse this real literally — “consecutive nights” — that means 1 night does not constitute a “stay”. Do I have that right?
welcome in my IQ challenged people group 😊
emma dog likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by porciuscato

No. This is standard language to prevent staying multiple nights at the same hotel but breaking up the reservation into multiple stays to make subsequent nights qualify for the promotion. One night stays should qualify.
margarita girl, Twickenham and ryw like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Just tried to register and got the error message, but it also shows my Double Take progress bar on the same page. Looks like I am registered by looking at my promotions page.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
No. This is standard language to prevent staying multiple nights at the same hotel but breaking up the reservation into multiple stays to make subsequent nights qualify for the promotion. One night stays should qualify.
Why is Marriott so bad at spelling things out clearly.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the_bob123
Spoke too soon, now when I click on "see details" next to the promotion, the message is back!
I no longer see the error message when I click through to the promotion, although I did originally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.