Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does starting on second stay mean 1st stay has to be a paid stay or does an award stay qualify as stay 1? I couldn't figure out from T&C.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Does starting on second stay mean 1st stay has to be a paid stay or does an award stay qualify as stay 1? I couldn't figure out from T&C.
Second paid stay.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Tried to register today at this promo (I have found it on my central promotion)

not sure it works.

This is the message ...

and i can’t actually see this promotion on App

then, I see also that double points are given for “stay” *

and “stay” is defined as “consecutive nights”

maybe is not too sure about it ?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
The direct link still didn't work for me, but I was able to see it in the Promotions tab in my account.

Double points, starting with the second stay, from March 19 through June 4, plus an additional 500 points per weekend stay (Friday or Saturday, worldwide), starting with the first, for "Marriott Bonvoy US Card Members," which I assume includes both the Visa and Amex cards.

As expected, double points applies only to base earnings.

Here's the direct registration link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DU19

Note: When I actually clicked it, it said that I couldn't be registered, and then seemingly registered me anyway. Yay, Marriott IT! You may want to wait a few hours to click the button yourself.
Same happened to me, said I couldn't be registered, then registered me anyway! I wish they sent out emails confirming that you're actually registered, kinda makes me nervous!

Side note, if I'm registered for both the targeted double points promo and double take promo, am I getting double points twice? Sounds too good to be true...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SHLTP

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Second paid stay
Just for completeness, is anyone able to post an excerpt from the T&Cs which confirms this has to be a paid stay ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 5, 2019 at 4:03 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Good grief.

emma dog likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Good grief.

I got that message as well. But after 5 minutes all appears to be good.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I got that message as well. But after 5 minutes all appears to be good.
all appears to be good...where ?

On App also ?

Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just for completeness, is anyone able to post an excerpt from the T&Cs which confirms this has to be a paid stay ?
Sorry no. Response was based on 15+ years of history with Starwood and Marriott. They will say only “eligible” stays will count. Award nights aren’t eligible stays.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by Dav77

all appears to be good...where ?

On App also ?

I got the same message but if you look under My Promotions it shows up there at least for me.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
Good grief.

Just encapsulates everything that is Marriott.
Yes, let's send out a promotion. Oops. You can't register til March 5.

Oops. Sorry it still doesn't work.
Oops. You don't actually get breakfast at this hotel.
Oops. You can't access the lounge at these hotels.
Oops. You have to read 30 pages of terms and conditions to decipher what we're talking about.
Oops. We have absolutely no customer experience capability whatsoever.
Oops. We forgot this was a 'loyalty' program.

BonFire: Oops.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Good grief... I’m getting so frustrated by all this.

-I have no extra promotions even though I’m a cc holder and stayed 51 nights and spent >$10k last year
-I can’t register for this promotion
-I can’t decipher the language about a stay. Specifically, it discusses consecutive nights. Do I need 2+ nights to get double points? Specifically, I have a pricy vacation coming up in April... I need to get a cheap “stay” before then. Do I need a cheap hotel for one or two nights to get my first “stay” on the books?
KRSW, Pocatello and Dav77 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:30 am

There you are (bolding in T&C fineprint mine):Earn double points on stays – starting with your second stay – at more than 6,700 participating hotels around the world.

• Register by May 21, 2019.
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between March 19, 2019, and June 4, 2019.
  • Earn double points on stays*, starting with your second stay.
  • Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay. Learn More.
  • Book now to start earning at 6,700 hotels. When you're ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Remember to book direct to earn points.
**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

It doesn't clearly state that the first stay to "activate" the promotion can't be an award stay but IIRC it used to be the case with earlier promotions so I wouldn't count on award stays being eligible as the first stay to "activate" the promo.
Oxon Flyer likes this.

Last edited by funkbandit; Mar 5, 2019 at 5:47 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:36 am

I’m sure i’m wrong...but it’s difficult, for my low IQ, to understand “consecutive nightS” as something different than 2 nightS
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dav77
I’m sure i’m wrong...but it’s difficult, for my low IQ, to understand “consecutive nightS” as something different than 2 nightS
Post # 33 explains it for IQ challenged people.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.