Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
ATTENTION!!! Many Users are reporting error when trying to enroll. The only option right now is to call Marriott if that is happening to you.

'Double Take' promo : double points, from the second stay onwards, March 19 and June 4, 2019

Earn Even More. Marriott Bonvoy U.S. Card Members earn an exclusive bonus of 500 additional points for weekend stays** — starting with the first stay.

**A "weekend stay" is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located.

Registration for the Double Take global promotion begins on 5 March, 2019.

T&C:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy™ members who register for this promotion by May 21, 2019 will earn double points per stay, starting with their second stay during the promotion earning period. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per stay. The promotion earning period is for stays between March 19, 2019 and June 4, 2019, at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy™ terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/DoubleTake or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

As part of this promotion, Marriott Bonvoy members who are the primary account holder of a U.S.-issued Marriott Bonvoy co-brand credit card (Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase and/or The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan) will earn 500 bonus points per weekend stay, including the first weekend stay, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties during the promotion earning period. A ‘weekend stay’ is defined as a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night regardless of where the hotel is located. The 500 bonus points per weekend stay is in addition to any double bonus points earned. Marriott Bonvoy member’s card account must be open as of May 21, 2019 in order to qualify for the Card Member bonus. To be eligible to receive the Card Member bonus, Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.

This promotional offer is not provided by Chase Bank USA, N.A. or American Express. Fulfillment of this offer and its respective terms, conditions and restrictions are the sole responsibility of Marriott International, Inc.

FAQs

Q : Does a 1-night stay count as the first stay ?
A : Yes, this would count as the first stay as long as the one night falls within the promotion period.

Q : Does an award stay count as the first stay ?
A : No, full award stays do not count towards this offer as a first stay.

Q : Does a stay that straddles the start / end date of the promotion period count ?
A : If you check-in before March 19 but check-out after, that stay will count as a Double Take stay. Likewise, if you check-in before June 4, that stay will count as a Double Take stay, even if you check out after.

Q : Which points are doubled ?
A : Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on a stay.

Q: If a member is enrolled in both Double Take and "Exclusively For You: Double Points" promotion, will they earn for both promotions?
A: Yes, if the Stay meets the qualifications for both promotions, the member will get quadruple points.
Print Wikipost

2019 Q1 'Double Take' global promo, 19 Mar - 4 Jun, register from 5 Mar.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by daloosh
I didn't get any emails or confirmations, but I called in yesterday and rep said she signed me up, and today I can see it under promotions. Oy.
Up to 48 hours. I was just reminded of this by a lurker. Take a deep breath, and wait another 24 hours
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So has anybody considered the economics of a cheap mattress for the first stay when you have upcoming higher rate stays?

Unfortunately the cheapest room nearby runs $88 per night after tax (and subtracting the value of points earned).
However I have an impending 5 night stay that would earn a 20k bonus, plus another 4k the week after. So at .006 per point, I would value the bonus at $144.
Would you do it?

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Better than nothing, but again that horrible "starting from second stay".
+1 This always cheeses me as my stay length varies randomly - just finished a 5-night stay that earned zero bonus
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a check before I add to the wiki : as I read the T&Cs - in order to get the 500 point US-only credit card weekend bonus, you just need to have a card, rather than use the card to pay for the stay. Correct ?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
So has anybody considered the economics of a cheap mattress for the first stay when you have upcoming higher rate stays?

Unfortunately the cheapest room nearby runs $88 per night after tax (and subtracting the value of points earned).
However I have an impending 5 night stay that would earn a 20k bonus, plus another 4k the week after. So at .006 per point, I would value the bonus at $144.
Would you do it?
I'd do it. I might have the best Marriott (Fairfield) rate in the entire country now at $37 (AAA) in snowy windy South Dakota while visiting my mother. I'm going for one night on the 19th. Right now I figure my cost after points around $22. I value my points much higher than .06 as I'm usually staying 5 nights on 30,000 points at a $90/night Aloft. The other thing I'm trying for is booking the room through United Rewards Plus associated with my flight, where one can get a 1000 point bonus. Not entirely sure if it will work though as when Iooked at the page it only had my return flight listed, so I clicked through that to Marriott to make the reservation, but only hotels were listed for my area I live in California based on the return flight. I changed the city to where I am now and booked. If it works my cost after points should be about $10..

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 14, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just a check before I add to the wiki : as I read the T&Cs - in order to get the 500 point US-only credit card weekend bonus, you just need to have a card, rather than use the card to pay for the stay. Correct ?
Seems right, but it isn't very clear. Also it says this "Card Member must have an active Marriott Bonvoy member account linked to their credit card that was used to register for this promotion." I don't remember that my Marriott Card was "used" in any way to register for this promotion.... Anyone else?

Edit: Ahhh.. I guess that means the "active Marriott Bonvoy member account".. "that was used to register".. ?? I'm not the best at grammar, but it seems like it's not written well.. Maybe some commas are needed?

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 14, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Will incidentals on an award stay be counted in the promo?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by outlawashere
Will incidentals on an award stay be counted in the promo?
I don't think anything from an award stay counts for the promo. At least that's how I read the T&Cs
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by Boraxo
(
Yes... I’m doing this. I have a 6 night stay at a higher-end hotel in the beginning of April. I’m taking a cheap sat night local stay to get the 500 bonus + the double points on my week-long stay.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: US,HH
I'm still unable to register for the promotion and have deleted and re-added the app several times.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kellio33
I'm still unable to register for the promotion and have deleted and re-added the app several times.
Give customer service a call, and they can register you very quickly.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't think anything from an award stay counts for the promo. At least that's how I read the T&Cs
yes it says award nights don't count, but i am thinking it means award nights have no points so it can't be doubled?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: US,HH
Give customer service a call, and they can register you very quickly.
I'm sure they can and have been avoiding this solution. I shouldn't have to waste my time on hold. Unfortunately, I have a few stays coming up where the property is non negotiable and cannot move them to Hilton.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kellio33
I'm sure they can and have been avoiding this solution. I shouldn't have to waste my time on hold. Unfortunately, I have a few stays coming up where the property is non negotiable and cannot move them to Hilton.
It took me less than 5 minutes to get done on the phone. Including waiting time for an agent.

Alternatively send a PM to the lurkers, they can forward your request to the right people.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by outlawashere
yes it says award nights don't count, but i am thinking it means award nights have no points so it can't be doubled?
You’re overthinking it. It won’t count.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
It took me less than 5 minutes to get done on the phone. Including waiting time for an agent.
Same for me. I asked if she could register me for the Double Take promo, she said sure, I said thanks, she said you're all set, and that was it. Think they've received a few calls about this? My first call took about 8 minutes once the CSR picked up, and she couldn't even sign me up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.