Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SHS Pensacola Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Looking for a recent post/review of SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach. Considering staying there this summer. Could be persuaded to stay somewhere nearby based on feedback.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:45 pm

Your inquiry belongs in the existing thread for this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ll-suites.html
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I've always been upgraded to a corner room directly on the beach, which is awesome. The front desk area has lots of warning signs (don't leave children unattended, several reminders about smoking in rooms) but other than that, it's a standard SHS that happens to be located on a beach. There is easy beach access, multiple pools and a very accommodating staff. The breakfast area is a little larger than most SHSs, with, of course, a better view! I don't know if you've ever stayed in the Jacksonville Beach Courtyard, the Carolina Beach Courtyard or any of the Virginia Beach CYs or SHS, but this is a very similar type of property. It's hardly a resort, but is a good family beach vacation property.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
...it's a standard SHS that happens to be located on a beach. There is easy beach access, multiple pools and a very accommodating staff.
I agree completely. If you want a full "resort" property, you need to look elsewhere. But if you want a decent hotel on a nice beach, this would be a good choice.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
It sure is one of those properties that are extremely expensive. I've seen them selling rooms for 300+$. Most of the summer it is as expensive as the Edition in Miami 😱
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Muerz
It sure is one of those properties that are extremely expensive. I've seen them selling rooms for 300+$. Most of the summer it is as expensive as the Edition in Miami 😱
The Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Resort, HIX, and the dump of a Hilton Resort are all around that same price. A hotel room out on Pen. Beach is expensive. That is why I almost always use points when staying in that area.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:48 am

Are they good at giving 4pm checkout to platinum members?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.