Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy

North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles [Master Thread]

North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 24, 20, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
355,000 points/night

Advance deposit of 20 percent on all reservations charged one day after booking and non-refundable.
Helicopter transfer from and back to Mahe required EUR 814 per way.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 1, 21, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by missedtheconcorde View Post
Booked for 1.83M points for our 5 night honeymoon in early September 2021 - will post a stay report. I would much prefer a month in the Maldives but no way my better half could ever get that kind of time off in the next few years. Property did require that we wired money for the helicopter transfer within a week of booking which I thought was a little strange.
Did you ever end up staying here?
Old Nov 3, 21, 1:35 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, & Hong Kong (As a United Lifetime Global Services)
Programs: *LIFETIME* United Global Services (rip 1K), Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Looks like there's no availability here on cash or on points. Anyone know what's going on? Would be a great final redemption to say farewell to the Bonvoy award chart.
Old Nov 3, 21, 3:19 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by WasKnown View Post
Looks like there's no availability here on cash or on points. Anyone know what's going on? Would be a great final redemption to say farewell to the Bonvoy award chart.
Well, effectively this property already bypassed the categories, so if it is still in bonvoy at that point, there's no reason to suspect it will increase any further in price.
Old Nov 3, 21, 4:03 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, & Hong Kong (As a United Lifetime Global Services)
Programs: *LIFETIME* United Global Services (rip 1K), Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sds1493 View Post
Well, effectively this property already bypassed the categories, so if it is still in bonvoy at that point, there's no reason to suspect it will increase any further in price.
I'm not convinced. Even at its beyond-cat 8 pricing, it offered a very competitive CPP that I suspect will not exist when we go truly dynamic.
Old Nov 3, 21, 6:07 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I'm not convinced. Even at its beyond-cat 8 pricing, it offered a very competitive CPP that I suspect will not exist when we go truly dynamic.
Why is this property even part of Marriott?
Old Nov 3, 21, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
Why is this property even part of Marriott?
They joined Bonvoy purely so I could redeem my points here. 😉 Very generous of them
Old Nov 3, 21, 8:33 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Looks like there's availability booking for 7 nights checking in Sep 22, 23, or 24.

2.54m points or 40k euro -- 1.8cpm is a heck of a deal if you got the stash!

edit: you can do anywhere from 4 to 9 nights, but only within Sep 22-30 inclusive. Strange indeed!
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 9, 21, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LTP/Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek View Post
Did you ever end up staying here?
Yes! I'm convinced it was a great value for the points (1.83M). While we were there maybe 5 or 6 villas had guests and 2 were having their roofs replaced. We stayed in villa 7 (next to one of the villas undergoing a roof replacement, although never heard any noise). Immensely private and service was excellent (although our comparison is to StR, Four Seasons, Conrad, or Ritz so those more accustomed to Amans might have a different opinion). F&B spend was more reasonable than I expected (I think around $2-3k for 5 days, I was bracing for more based on Maldives experience). Villas are immaculate despite their age and the design / layout of the property makes it feel like you have the island to yourself - we rarely bumped into other guests. Got to see a turtle laying eggs one day and hatchlings crawling to the sea another day - unreal.

I'm likely going to move spend out of Marriott (new job w more flexible booking options) - but I think it's likely we'd come back for a paid stay in the future.
Old Nov 9, 21, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by missedtheconcorde View Post
Yes! I'm convinced it was a great value for the points (1.83M). While we were there maybe 5 or 6 villas had guests and 2 were having their roofs replaced. We stayed in villa 7 (next to one of the villas undergoing a roof replacement, although never heard any noise). Immensely private and service was excellent (although our comparison is to StR, Four Seasons, Conrad, or Ritz so those more accustomed to Amans might have a different opinion). F&B spend was more reasonable than I expected (I think around $2-3k for 5 days, I was bracing for more based on Maldives experience). Villas are immaculate despite their age and the design / layout of the property makes it feel like you have the island to yourself - we rarely bumped into other guests. Got to see a turtle laying eggs one day and hatchlings crawling to the sea another day - unreal.

I'm likely going to move spend out of Marriott (new job w more flexible booking options) - but I think it's likely we'd come back for a paid stay in the future.
Could you share some pictures of the property or villa? Almost all of the photos online are marketing materials
Old Nov 9, 21, 11:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LTP/Tit, UA Gold
Could you share some pictures of the property or villa? Almost all of the photos online are marketing materials
Here's a handful, sorry I couldn't figure out how to post in line: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0P5oqs3qrPFCYr

My wife has a pretty good walk around video of villa (indoor and out) on her instagram - PM me if you want and I'll send the link.
Old Nov 22, 21, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Hey slightly off topic but what is Asmallworld like and it is any good?
It's been useless for 10+ years. They opened it up to too many people, diluted the quality of the users and people no longer feel as comfortable because it's no longer asmallworld. Also horribly run.
Old Nov 22, 21, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by 747-800i View Post
It's been useless for 10+ years. They opened it up to too many people, diluted the quality of the users and people no longer feel as comfortable because it's no longer asmallworld. Also horribly run.
Looks like a trashy dating app lol
Old Nov 22, 21, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Looks like a trashy dating app lol
Couldn't tell you what it's like now, haven't logged in for 5+ years, it lost absolutely all utility.

Search this Thread