Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles [Master Thread]

Old May 24, 20, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
355,000 points/night

Advance deposit of 20 percent on all reservations charged one day after booking and non-refundable.
Helicopter transfer from and back to Mahe required EUR 814 per way.
Print Wikipost

North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles [Master Thread]

Old Nov 3, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Looks like you can book now on Marriott!

7500 euros per night and they seem to have changed / limited some things... One dive per per person per stay?

Beachfront, 2 Bedroom Villa, Ocean view, Garden access, Oceanfront access, Plunge pool

Dream Package: Enjoy a sumptuous island a la carte daily breakfast at LaidBack restaurant. Book complimentary guided hikes, daily morning yoga classes or snorkelling equipment. Complimentary use of kids club, child facilities on the island including our program for children aged 5 years and above with our child activities minder. Private island buggy 1 per Villa. Complimentary wireless internet. Complimentary use of all non-motorized equipments: stand up paddle, kayaks, bikes and the fully equipped gym. Daily personalized romantic 3 course dinner including soft drinks and 1 glass of Champagne per person, in the privacy of your villa or at LaidBack restaurant. Complimentary Laundry service. Daily a la carte lunch including soft drinks at Sunset Beach or any of our available outlets. Daily Degustation 3 course dinner with wine pairing, in the privacy of your villa or at LaidBack restaurant or at our signature Akira Back restaurant, children must be 12 and older. Daily one of our custom La Vie SPA 60-minutes treatments, per adult in the privacy of your villa or at La Vie Spa. One Dive per person, per stay. One complimentary sunset cruise per Villa, per stay. Half Day Deep-Sea fishing trip per Villa, per stay. Accommodation on a shared basis. Excluded: 15 percent Local Government tax. In the event of a change in local tax or the introduction of additional taxes, these rates will be adjusted accordingly, 6 percent service charge. Helicopter transfers are required between Mahe and North Island and are ava
Old Nov 3, 19, 2:48 pm

There was a gap in the Marriott portfolio in the Seychelles as Le Meridian isnt nice enough based on the reviews. Lux Collection is a good flag for this market. Surprised there isnt a Lux Collection in the Maldives as well.
Old Nov 3, 19, 3:12 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Asmallworld still has an offer with much more generous inclusions (incl. transport) than Marriott offers for 20,000EUR for three nights with extra nights at 6,000EUR a night. Shame it's not an open rate, or it would make for an impressive BRG.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Some new interesting rates they added.. Seems like the property will no longer be truly all included.

Bed and breakfast package for 6370

Half board package, includes Hot breakfast per person per night, dinner per person per night for 6700

Full board package, includes Hot breakfast per person per night, lunch per person per night, dinner per person per night, beer, sparkling wine, wine, cocktails, soft drinks for 6900

And the previously mentioned dream package which still seems watered down compared to what was previously on offer.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 4, 19, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
To people concerned that the association with Marriott might end the North Island's top level delivery - this kind of watering down is sending a pretty worrying message.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:00 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
Asmallworld still has an offer with much more generous inclusions (incl. transport) than Marriott offers for 20,000EUR for three nights with extra nights at 6,000EUR a night. Shame it's not an open rate, or it would make for an impressive BRG.
Hey slightly off topic but what is Asmallworld like and it is any good?
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Hey slightly off topic but what is Asmallworld like and it is any good?
ASmallWorld is sort of a Facebook for a particular community - it's very MBA school, European rich families, bankers, creative artists with rich parents. Mixture of benefits, an online forum and face to face events. It started before Facebook and originally had quite an interesting crowd, but has since opened up and is a bit more corporate. It's really a matter of opinion as to whether it's any good at the moment - I really need to get involved a bit more as when travelling their members do often seem to be the ones who know all the most useful people in a given city.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:39 pm

We're looking at properties in the Seychelles for next year and it looks like only this one and Le Meridien for Marriott. Has anyone had other properties they recommend? We've seen Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie and Le Nautique on La Digue and Constance on Praslin but not too much else. We're hoping to find something close to the beach. Thanks if you have thoughts or can point me in the right direction.
Old Nov 7, 19, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
There are no exception as of now in the Terms & Conditions for any Luxury Collection properties for award stays. If Marriott or North Island wanted exceptions, they could have chosen to make the property a Ritz-Carlton Reserve branded property. So I expect there will be award stays at peak Category 8 rates. How they handle the accommodation for such award stays is another story altogether!
Marriott post-merger has proven that they are willing to ignore their T&C when convenient, or modify them post-hoc. Capacity controls, Titanium upgrades, SNAs, the list goes on... I don't see any reason to believe that this situation will go any differently! My guess is that we'll simply never see points rates available and at some point a new exclusion will be added to the T&C for this property.

Originally Posted by spellbound2 View Post
We're looking at properties in the Seychelles for next year and it looks like only this one and Le Meridien for Marriott. Has anyone had other properties they recommend? We've seen Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie and Le Nautique on La Digue and Constance on Praslin but not too much else. We're hoping to find something close to the beach. Thanks if you have thoughts or can point me in the right direction.
This might be off-topic for the thread but I greatly enjoyed my stay at Chateau de Feuilles (Relais & Chateaux) on Praslin. They have a private island with some phenomenal beaches. In my opinion La Digue had the best beaches of the larger islands by far, and is a truly charming little island. Not sure I'd want to stay there for more than a couple nights, though.
Old Nov 7, 19, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by darnold;31710720
This might be off-topic for the thread but I greatly enjoyed my stay at [color=#000000
Chateau de Feuilles (Relais & Chateaux) on Praslin. They have a private island with some phenomenal beaches. In my opinion La Digue had the best beaches of the larger islands by far, and is a truly charming little island. Not sure I'd want to stay there for more than a couple nights, though.[/color]
Thank you for this info. Since I don't want to go off-topic more for the thread, if you have any more details, can you send a message? Thanks again!
Old Nov 7, 19, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by spellbound2 View Post
Stayed at Hotel L'Archipel for a couple nights last year and loved it. The rooms are large and fresh. We were upgraded and had an awesome view overlooking the beach and property. Well worth the money.
Old Nov 7, 19, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Marriott post-merger has proven that they are willing to ignore their T&C when convenient, or modify them post-hoc. Capacity controls, Titanium upgrades, SNAs, the list goes on... I don't see any reason to believe that this situation will go any differently! My guess is that we'll simply never see points rates available and at some point a new exclusion will be added to the T&C for this property.
First, it's still a bit early to say anything about Bonvoy integration, as the hotel will officially join The Luxury Collection in December. My guess is that Marriott will add this hotel as an exception in their Terms. Maybe no Bonvoy affiliation at all, or just earning (which would be better than nothing). But maybe it will become a Cat 8 with only one dedicated suite available for points (they could even create a new suite category for this). For sure they need to apply very strict cancellation policies for point bookings then. They will have 100% occupancy only few times of the year, so getting rooms booked and earn some revenue could be still a plus for the hotel.
Even if there will every be the option to book with points, keep in mind that the helicopter transfer is on top and quite steep too.
Old Dec 10, 19, 4:33 pm

Has it officially joined yet? Any update on the integration and the incredibly slim chance of somehow redeeming points?
Old Dec 13, 19, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10 View Post
Has it officially joined yet? Any update on the integration and the incredibly slim chance of somehow redeeming points?
Apparently available for points booking "in the very near future"

https://thepointsguy.com/news/marrio...-8-properties/
Old Dec 13, 19, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Apparently available for points booking "in the very near future"

https://thepointsguy.com/news/marrio...-8-properties/
Its only a matter of time for the sorts of Al Maha and St Regis Bali going back to special awards brackets

Search this Thread