Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to credit Bonvoy points purchased from points.com ?

How long does it take to credit Bonvoy points purchased from points.com ?

Old May 28, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
Does anyone know if it is possible to request a refund for points purchased? It's been 2 weeks (e-mail says please wait 24-48 hours for points to be posted) and I'm still waiting and I now would rather just have my money back.
Presumably you charged this to a credit card - just protest the charge and move on.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
50000 bonvoy points finally showed up in my account today. No explanation in the activity page yet.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by beastmaster
50000 bonvoy points finally showed up in my account today. No explanation in the activity page yet.
Same for me.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
50000 bonvoy points purchase now showing up in under my activity on May 30 after making the purchase on May 15. I would certainly have second thoughts purchasing points again if I needed them quickly. Two weeks is way too long when it’s advertised as receiving them 24-48 hours after purchase.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
same here arrived yesterday
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:59 pm

Hi,

I purchased some Marriott Bonvoy points on Sunday (October 13). The email receipt mentioned that the points should post to my account within 24-48 hrs. It has been more than 72 hrs and the points still haven't posted to my account.

Has anyone else faced delays in posting of purchased Marriott Bonvoy points recently?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:04 pm

It takes about 10-14 days, despite what the message says.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: MR, HH,IHG
MB points purchase

Originally Posted by sayanroysr
Hi,

I purchased some Marriott Bonvoy points on Sunday (October 13). The email receipt mentioned that the points should post to my account within 24-48 hrs. It has been more than 72 hrs and the points still haven't posted to my account.

Has anyone else faced delays in posting of purchased Marriott Bonvoy points recently?

Thanks in advance!
Received purchase receipt on Oct 12. Still not in my Marriott account today(Oct 18).
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
This is a PITA, I'm waiting for them for use in the AA transfer bonus which expires 30/10 - yeah I've had a while to buy them before now, but since it's advertised as 24-48h that shouldn't matter. I'll be pretty pissed off if they don't arrive in time based on this 😡
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Purchase on 16th. Points in account on 17th.

Of course then found out you can buy points needed during booking and can use them right away for that booking. Not sure why that can be instant but if you purchase outside making a booking you wait.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Of course then found out you can buy points needed during booking and can use them right away for that booking. Not sure why that can be instant but if you purchase outside making a booking you wait.
For points purchased as part of booking, do you still get the 30% discount that’s currently going on? The booking page doesn’t seem to indicate so.

Answer: No. If purchased as part of redemption booking, then it’s at full price. Guess Marriott’s IT isn’t up to it.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Dec 19, 2019 at 12:36 pm
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:35 pm

As a data point, I bought some points under the 30% promo and it posted after 1.5 days from time of purchase.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:41 am

Has anyone else purchased points during this promo? I bought some 2 days ago expecting it would be instant (you put your account number in during the purchase - how hard can it be to credit to the account once payment clears?)

No sign of them and I need to make a reservation. Called yesterday and they said it would post within next 24 hours. Now have to deal with their phone reps again....
Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flood
Has anyone else purchased points during this promo? I bought some 2 days ago expecting it would be instant (you put your account number in during the purchase - how hard can it be to credit to the account once payment clears?)

No sign of them and I need to make a reservation. Called yesterday and they said it would post within next 24 hours. Now have to deal with their phone reps again....
I bought some yesterday. The base points posted overnight - but no sign of the bonus points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.