Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Guest Surveys/Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Marriott Guest Surveys/Reviews

Has Marriott stopped sending post-stay surveys? I’ve not had one for many, many stays. I can see from the individual hotel pages on the app that reviews are being published, albeit at a very low volume, meaning that surveys must be being send to some , but not all, guests.
Some of the information in those reviews is useful; it would be unfortunate if they are discontinued/no longer a priority ( it’s pretty easy to discount the ultra negative ones as well as the overly fawning, and get a reasonable understanding of the likely experience).
In any case, if they’re not sending surveys to guests, how do they measure the experience?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I've only ever received the surveys from specific hotels, personalized (in a way) by the general manager. I don't recall ever receiving one from Corporate Marriott. Are you asking about the property-specific surveys?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBord
I've only ever received the surveys from specific hotels, personalized (in a way) by the general manager. I don't recall ever receiving one from Corporate Marriott. Are you asking about the property-specific surveys?
Yes, I mean the property specific ones, usually couched in “ tell us what you thought” language. I just don’t get them any longer, so I’m wondering if it’s only me .
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I was interested in getting a review yesterday .. then noticed it was directing me to post on TripAdvisor

I'd like something being driven by Marriott that is pretty objective.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
Surveys not confidential

Beware of the surveys.
I filled one out for a Hotel I stay out about 10 days per month. The GM responded and everything seemed right. Then my next stay some of the workers asked my name and responded to my comments from my survey.
I was surprised that my name was given out.

Probably was in the fine print.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
It is hit and miss over whether I get a survey or not although the last one I did thankfully get as I had issues with my stay and I was appreciative of the response I got from the manager and the points I received as compensation.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's hit or miss & from what I've been told, it's from MAR even though the property gets the review to respond to.

Which reminds me - since I didn't get a survey from my most recent stay, off to go to TripAdvisor to post a review.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:25 am

Got one yesterday. So there is your black swan.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Haven't received one for the past three stays.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

4 stays this year, only 1 survey received and it was for a Sheraton property. Interestingly, said property's webpage and listings on Marriott.com have 0 reviews, not even a spot for them on there, which is a shame. I left a rather nice review.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I got one yesterday for a Courtyard stay over the weekend.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:34 am

Post Stay Surveys

Does Marriott not do surveys after stays any longer? I can't remember the last time I received one, and I've had stays at 6 different properties since mid-April.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have not received one for as long as I can remember, and I stay at Marriott properties often.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I received one a couple of weeks ago for a stay at the Sheraton Centre Toronto.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:03 am

Received one this week. So, technically, we can say that they're not 100% gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.