Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Incident at palm beach gardens Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incident at palm beach gardens Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I just searched again for random dates for single four single nights and found them on both dates of March 20th to March 21st and May 15th to May 16th.

nothing for tonight though
Those dates work for the West Palm Beach Marriott but those dates are not available at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the property have minimum stay requirements for award nights?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could the property have minimum stay requirements for award nights?
Perhaps but my searches have been for cash stays. Also, the flexible calendar shows no availability at all.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by controller1
Perhaps they have just suddenly been informed they will be leaving the Marriott system. I can't find any available dates in the future at the property.
they dont kick people out though. Several properties that exited continue to honor existing bookings, albeit without elite benefits past the drop date.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I looked at the Facebook page for the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott: https://www.facebook.com/PalmBeachGardensMarriott/

On January 8, 2019, the hotel posted that its was hiring. The post started with this: "The Palm Beach Gardens Marriott is currently looking for passionate hoteliers to join our team! We are thrilled to announce our $17 million dollar transformation has begun so now is the perfect time to be a member of our team!"

This post suggests that the hotel was not planning close this month.

The closure could be related to the "$17 million transformation" (renovation) — possibly because something went wrong, causing damage; or something was discovered that prevents the property from operating; or due to a financial situation related to the renovation.

This is all just speculation. I imagine we'll learn the real story soon.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Shouldn't they proactively find a room for you at a nearby comparable property with no increase in cost?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Those dates work for the West Palm Beach Marriott but those dates are not available at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...dens-marriott/

Definitely working at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. $381 a night ...for March 20
controller1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I found this review posted on TripAdvisor yesterday:

Skip this one. It was tired looking to begin with and then we had to evacuate for a fire. The staff’s response was awful. Sorry...come back in the morning and walk up 10 flights to get your own luggage. No help/no apology. Really embarrassing property for Marriott. We did move across the street to the Hampton in the middle of the night after the fire. That property, and staff, were great.

I have a stay at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn next week and its was sold out earlier this week. The PGA tournament is in PBG next week.

Last edited by birdiedouble; Feb 17, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...dens-marriott/

Definitely working at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. $381 a night ...for March 20
I think we must have been experiencing some sort of IT glitch! Imagine that.

I now see multiple dates of availability including the dates I previously checked. Marriott IT is sooooo frustrating!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I think we must have been experiencing some sort of IT glitch! Imagine that.

I now see multiple dates of availability including the dates I previously checked. Marriott IT is sooooo frustrating!

+1

I was booking some rooms this week at a different property. The AAA rates were $100 more than the member rates ... waiting to see the 4Q results and reports on forward reservations!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
A simple phone call cleared up the mystery. Something ("the incident") happened at the property Friday night that forced the evacuation of the entire hotel.

It is closed until Thursday, according to the very apologetic and somewhat shell shocked sounding Front Desk Clerk.
C17PSGR, writerguyfl, KRSW and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jspira
A simple phone call cleared up the mystery. Something ("the incident") happened at the property Friday night that forced the evacuation of the entire hotel.

It is closed until Thursday, according to the very apologetic and somewhat shell shocked sounding Front Desk Clerk.
But what was the nature of the incident? Why is the hotel being so mysterious about it?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But what was the nature of the incident? Why is the hotel being so mysterious about it?
I assume the incident is what is reported in Post 23 above and they are still experiencing the issue that caused that incident.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
In India -> a wedding party has booked the entire hotel.
These kind of incidences happen for one day during the week - usually on a Saturday.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I assume the incident is what is reported in Post 23 above and they are still experiencing the issue that caused that incident.
Agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.