Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Will missing points still granted after closing the Marriott Premium Plus Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

My daughter was offered to upgrade her Marriott signature card to the Marriott Premium Plus card for 20,000 bonus points in May 2018. She did and made a purchase with the new card before the end of 2018. She recently logged into her account and noticed she was only awarded 10,000 points. She secured message Chase and was told they would investigate and would take about 5 business days doing so. A couple of days ago, she received an email saying they will add the missing 10,000 pints to her account and she will see it in her next billing statement.(as of today, no new point was added to her Marriott account)

The problem is she is planning to cancel the card since she hardly uses it. The annual certificate is not much use to her either. However, the annual fee has already posted in the current statement. So, if she cancels the card, is the 10,000 points will also be forfeited? It did not seem right since Chase screwed up the bonus points by only giving her half. If she wants to get the missing points, does it mean that she needs to pay the annual fee for the current statement and waits to get her 10,000 points in the next statement?

I am confused and cannot give her any advice. did anybody have a similar situation and what is the outcome. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lililolo
My daughter was offered to upgrade her Marriott signature card to the Marriott Premium Plus card for 20,000 bonus points in May 2018. She did and made a purchase with the new card before the end of 2018. She recently logged into her account and noticed she was only awarded 10,000 points. She secured message Chase and was told they would investigate and would take about 5 business days doing so. A couple of days ago, she received an email saying they will add the missing 10,000 pints to her account and she will see it in her next billing statement.(as of today, no new point was added to her Marriott account)

The problem is she is planning to cancel the card since she hardly uses it. The annual certificate is not much use to her either. However, the annual fee has already posted in the current statement. So, if she cancels the card, is the 10,000 points will also be forfeited? It did not seem right since Chase screwed up the bonus points by only giving her half. If she wants to get the missing points, does it mean that she needs to pay the annual fee for the current statement and waits to get her 10,000 points in the next statement?

I am confused and cannot give her any advice. did anybody have a similar situation and what is the outcome. Thanks.
She might lose the pts if she cancels the card before the pts are in her MR acct. If the 10K pts don't appear by the time the bill is due have her pay it and then, after the pts posts, she can call Chase and cancel the card and she will receive a credit for the AF (must cancel w/in 60 days of paying AF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.