Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Alexandria, LA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 2/12 - 2/13

Location: The hotel is located at the intersection of US 165 and 71 near the Alexandria Mall. This means within a half mile are a dozen places to eat from fast food to sit down places, an Albertson's Grocery store, a gas station, a Walmart and a number of other stores. The Alexandria Airport is 15 minutes away and downtown is about 10.

Hotel: A newer style CY with three stories though the parking lot was a little small. The lobby however is really nice with a big sitting area, business center, Bistro and a small pantry. There was an outdoor pool and a fire pit as well. The whole newer style CY concept is actually very pleasant for me and I liked being at this hotel.

Check In: I arrived late (10 PM) and there wasn't much in the way of friendliness or elite recognition, in fact the agent didn't even get my status right. I was offered points or the F&B credit and I took the points.

Room: I was really annoyed to find as a Platinum Premier I'd been given an accessible room with a roll in shower. The room itself was actually quite nice with high ceilings, a newer style SmarTV, the upgraded CY design with a couch and a nice large bed but the bathroom was awful. I hate hate hate these bathrooms as they end up flooding.

Other: No issues getting a 2 PM checkout. Overall the hotel is nice and works well if you have to be here and I'd be back, hopefully in a better room though.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report & pictures. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.