CY Columbus, GA [Master Thread]

Old Feb 14, 19, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
CY Columbus, GA [Master Thread]

Stay Report - 2/11 to 2/12

Location: The hotel is located just south of the Columbus Airport on Alternate US 27 a little east of GA-411. Annoyingly, the entrance to CSG is on the north side so despite being a half mile from the runway you have to drive three miles to get to the entrance. Nearby is the Peachtree Mall and a number of chain restaurants. Downtown Columbus (which is actually pretty pleasant) is 6 miles away.

Hotel: This is one of those first generation, two story, motel style Courtyards that's aging badly. It has a large sized parking lot, a renovated lobby with bistro, small outdoor pool in the courtyard (ha!) of the hotel and a small 24 hour fitness center that's being renovated. Also, the hotel has no elevator (?)

Check In: Handled well, I was offered a $10 F&B Credit or bonus points as a Titanium gift and I took the credit.

Room: Not too bad for an older property. The standard bed facing the window and red rooms style CY room with outlets near the bed and a small sitting area that worked for dining, Annoyingly the TV was old, small and not a SmarTV. The bathroom was also pretty small.

Other: I used my F&B credit for a Bistro Breakfast sandwich and a tall Caramel Machiatto which came to $12.46. The sandwich was tasteless and I decided in the future I'll got McDonalds instead.

Columbus does not have a lot of good hotel options but I really don't like these old CYs so I will not be back.