Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reikart House, Tribute Portfolio - Buffalo, NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 4. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...rtfolio-hotel/

"Our luxury boutique hotel features elegant guest rooms stylized in classic themes, with a touch of whimsy. Designed to feel more like bedrooms than hotel rooms, guest rooms feature custom-designed, one-of-a-kind finishes and furnishings. Guests have access to complimentary High Speed Internet access and an in-room entertainment system featuring 50" inch flat screen internet TVs with access to your favorite streaming services such as Hulu. Come dine with us for breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Main Lobby each day. Relax with a cup of tea or a glass of wine in the fireside lounge. Work up a sweat in our club-styled fitness facility or take a quiet stroll and enjoy the gallery "moments" at various locations throughout the hotel which feature themed original paintings by renowned local artist, Peter Fowler, along with framed local historic images, all exclusive to Reikart House. For that extra touch, butler service is available to guests and is complimentary when reserving one of our Deluxe or Suite Rooms."
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It is a wonderful boutique property with excellent locally sourced food. Rates are very reasonable as well.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input!

Can you provide an update on what they do for brekkie for Plats?

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Always enjoyed their complete breakfast ($13.00). Changes daily so you always get variety.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm thinking of staying here next week. Any feedback? Look pretty nice to me.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:26 am
Suspended

Very impressed with this property. Not what you would expect as I;'ve had some iffy experiences with Tribute Portfolio properties. Some are just limited-service 3-star hotels with a nice design and no real amenities or services. This is pretty close to 5-star at least 5-star by American standards. Only thing that is missing is a pool. Kind of shoicked they didn't put a pool and patio in the back for the warm Buffalo summers. My room came with butler service but I never saw my butler, who weirdly also seemed to be the front desk clerk and the shuttle driver. So that was a little confusing. I think basically the butlers are trained to do a few different jobs. Don't expect St Regis butlers to unpack your bags. I probably called down or stopped by the front desk five times asking questions because there was no hotel directory or guide in the room. The hotel is very nicely designed, except for the absurd desks that require you to stand up to use them. And it was more of a stand than anything else. Otherwise the room and decor were nice and good quality. As good as anything at a Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott. I liked the Amazon Alexa in the room but would have preferred regular streaming speakers for bluetooth. I had a couple special requests that were fulfilled beyond my expectations. My only complaints were no real turndown service (not sure how they missed that considering they got 8/10 things right) and the restaurant and bar, which have been moved to the new restaurant annex and as a result left the cozy and charming lobby kind of empty. Not sure why they don't have a smaller restaurant or a wine bar with port and high-quality cocktails in the lobby. It would be perfect for that kind of thing.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Had a night here a few weeks ago. Fabulous place, the decor is really good on the eye and the staff are very friendly.

Room was upgraded to a fireplace junior suite. Titanium breakfast had a few different grab and go "package" options, one of which included Greek yogurt, a kind bar, granola, juice, and a Jimmy Dean-style breakfast sandwich. Totally fine, but better yet was that I needed to leave early in the morning and the front desk agent offered to bring it to my door at 4 a.m.!

I also ordered from Jazzboline, expecting to have to pick it up from the restaurant, but they delivered to the room in 20 minutes, and it was quite the spread for under 40 bucks... minestrone soup with breadsticks, Caesar with anchovies, excellent pesto fettuccine with Italian sausage, and an enormous tiramisu.

Bed was great, shower was great. Totally unexpected for BUF in all respects.

Erie County's covid numbers were peaking, so it seemed like they were being extra cautious with covidy measures.

Nice room with gas fireplace. Lack of a real desk was the only oddity.

"Dinner for 1"
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by platbrownguy

"Dinner for 1"
"on bed"... so that's why you were missing the desk...

David

p.s. and pantsless no less...
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
"on bed"... so that's why you were missing the desk...

David

p.s. and pantsless no less...
Hey I could have eaten on the couch but what fun is that
Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Stayed here many times, always impressed. Restaurant next door is decent as well.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I'm currently at this hotel - our first trip to the US since the Before Times. As others have reported, it's quite nice - especially for this market. The building is beautiful and interestingly decorated - sort of traditional and eclectic at the same time. If looking for a relaxing spot to unwind for a few days near the village of Amherst, it's a good choice. That said, it's also pricey for the area. The full-service Marriott about a mile away was literally half the price per night. We used a FNA plus points. SNAs were declined two days ago. At check-in I was offered 1000 points, but when I pressed the issue did get continental breakfast for two instead. The desk clerk was pleasant enough but did allude to enjoying my "free stay".

The room is small - not at all like pictured above, and the king bed is actually a queen. It is very high, but comfortable. They have made excellent use of the space in the room. The wardrobe unit at the entry is very similar to those seen in many AC hotels, containing a small bench seat, a couple of drawers, an enclosed space with hangers and a shelf with an ice bucket but no glassware. There is a standalone antique-looking unit that contains the refrigerator, coffee machine (Keurig) and a safe. Coffee supplies and paper cups are provided. There are lots of plugs and USB outlets distributed around the room. A tiny stool-height desk is in a corner near the window. It's functional but the stool is uncomfortable after working at it for a while. Floors are light-colored hardwood laminate with several marble inserts contributing to the classy look. A key feature of the marble sections is what appears to be tiny square rubber bumps to add traction. They've also done this in the shower - an excellent safety feature which other hotels should consider when renovating their bathrooms. The room was clean, with the exception of a previous guest's garbage left in the wardrobe. There is an electronic light system to indicate "Do Not Disturb" or to request housekeeping. Room cleaning was not discussed at check-in, so it will be interesting to see what happens while we're out and about today.

The best feature of the hotel is its restaurant and bar. Food and service are both excellent, and the place was hopping last night with a combination of guests and locals. Parking is free.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
it's quite nice - especially for this market
Actually, I'd say the market is really under-served for the amount of money flowing into it. Plenty of companies growing fast or moving to the area, and lots of people coming back or moving in from higher cost of living cities. Real estate has been through the roof. We'll see what any upcoming downturn does, but the past few years have been quite good to the region.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Actually, I'd say the market is really under-served for the amount of money flowing into it. Plenty of companies growing fast or moving to the area, and lots of people coming back or moving in from higher cost of living cities. Real estate has been through the roof. We'll see what any upcoming downturn does, but the past few years have been quite good to the region.
I agree with you. There's just a long history of "not great" hotels here - even the FS properties, and it's good to see someone go against the trend.
arlflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.