Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:13 pm

You are correct, they gave me my save-the-date.

Might book a hotel in this city for the weekend...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by rooney
"Can the $300 credit be used for a pre-paid hotel night?"

Anyone know the answer to this? I called a local Marriott to see if they sold gift cards and they said no. I know they sell them online and curious if that would trigger the credit. Guess I could try a small amount to see. Was offered the 100k upgrade but my anniversary date is literally in 5 days...so I won't be able to go to a hotel.
Do the egift cards from marriott.com trigger the $300 credit? don't want to buy and then be stuck...

Edit: counts for credit.

Last edited by aGeist; Aug 14, 2019 at 12:57 am
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:15 am

If my understanding is correct, this is where we continue discussion of the successor to the SPG Amex, where the topic was closed, although it's different from the Luxury card. I don't think anyone reported receiving the new card with the Bonvoy design. Today I got an email that they're sending a new card "to ensure you have access to the latest updates."
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I have it (the business version), it's not terrible but a meh. I miss the nice SPG purple card. Physically unable to use it now so had to shred it.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:59 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by rove312
If my understanding is correct, this is where we continue discussion of the successor to the SPG Amex, where the topic was closed, although it's different from the Luxury card. I don't think anyone reported receiving the new card with the Bonvoy design. Today I got an email that they're sending a new card "to ensure you have access to the latest updates."
My wife and I have both already received our new cards. I too do still miss the old purple one though.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by aGeist
Do the egift cards from marriott.com trigger the $300 credit? don't want to buy and then be stuck...

edit; just bought one, will update
$300 credit yes. Spend $200 get 40 Amex offers no.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Does $300 GC exactly trigger $300 credit?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Does $300 GC exactly trigger $300 credit?
if you buy it at hotel and charge it to room, no one knows what you bought.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
For those who have this card and reached $75k in spend, how long did it take for the status to update to Platinum elite on your Marriott account?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
If you upgrade to this card from regular, do you need to spend the $75k to reach Plat after the upgrade or do they count what you previously spent on the regular card?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Apologies if this was already discussed, but there are many messages on this thread. I’ve been given the offer to upgrade to the brilliant card from AX. The one question I have is regarding the $100 StR or RC credit. I typically use AXFH when staying at these properties, since it comes with breakfast and hotel credit already.

So so my question is the “rate” that I have to book, is it typically close to the current member rate? So I’m trying to gauge if it’s worth utilizing this benefit knowing that I will lose breakfast for 2 nights.

TIA.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:19 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fishy21
Apologies if this was already discussed, but there are many messages on this thread. I’ve been given the offer to upgrade to the brilliant card from AX. The one question I have is regarding the $100 StR or RC credit. I typically use AXFH when staying at these properties, since it comes with breakfast and hotel credit already.

So so my question is the “rate” that I have to book, is it typically close to the current member rate? So I’m trying to gauge if it’s worth utilizing this benefit knowing that I will lose breakfast for 2 nights.

TIA.
At first, I didn't see the Luxury Card rate being less than about $40-50 more than the average member rate at any luxury options. Very recently, however, I have seen Luxury Card rates being a little less than and maybe up to $10 more than the average member rate. I booked those for the $100 F&B credit (and since I almost always prefer room service anyway!).
damon88, controller1 and fishy21 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by friedablass
If you upgrade to this card from regular, do you need to spend the $75k to reach Plat after the upgrade or do they count what you previously spent on the regular card?
You won't have to start over as you'll receive credit for what you've spent since January 1 on the regular card prior to your upgrade.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin
At first, I didn't see the Luxury Card rate being less than about $40-50 more than the average member rate at any luxury options. Very recently, however, I have seen Luxury Card rates being a little less than and maybe up to $10 more than the average member rate. I booked those for the $100 F&B credit (and since I almost always prefer room service anyway!).
I actually saw one yesterday where the Luxury Card rate was exactly the same as the Member Rate.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:59 am

Just quick questions,

How early can you use your free night and $300 credit after opening an account with Bonvoy Brilliant CC?
Do they still have 100K sign up bonus?

I have a trip coming up end of September.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.