Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BaconSF

I just got 50k.. I would bite if it was for 125k
I just did. If I recall correctly, when they first rolled out this card the best upgrade offer they'd give me was something like 15k or 30k points. 125k is a no brainer in this case.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
Upgraded to brilliant 25k spend bonus still valid?

I was working toward the 25k bonus on my bonvoy card. Every year you ca n get up to 100k bi us points in 25k segments.
now I upgraded to bonvoy brilliant.
Does brilliant have the same program of bonuses for each 25k of spend?
thanks
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by BaconSF

I just got 50k.. I would bite if it was for 125k
I just got an upgrade offer too that comes with 50K Bonvoy points but I will wait for a 100K or better offer.

My current Bonvoy regular card was initially an SPG card that was upgraded to SPG Luxury with a 100K offer then downgraded back to SPG regular just after account anniversary but before the annual fee hit (and just before Amex SPG regular was discontinued). One interesting thing that happened is that I subsequently received a 50K free night certificate instead of a 35K one
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt something
Amex Bonvoy (former SPG) credit for Moxy and Autograph hotels

looking at my Amex statements, I realized that my stays at Moxy (Paris) and Autograph (Roomers in MUC) hotels only got 2x points instead of the usual 6x.
Anyone has experienced this?

Amex has not rectified the problem and is still investigating. I suspect that this impacts other customers so TAL at your statements.

Also, I'd appreciate any tip on escalation to Amex. Their customer service is atrocious. 21 years as a customer and I fell like chopped liver.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Happened to me 2x in Europe. Apparently something about the continent that Amex struggles to identify correctly.
LF72 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Happened to me at Westin Perth. I assumed it was because it was an obscure brand. Quick call to Amex and the problem was fixed with the next statement.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

Happened to me at 3 different hotels in Europe this summer. There was nothing quick about getting AMEX to rectify it. I had to call multiple times. A case was opened a month ago. Two days ago, I was told they hadn't finished their investigation. What is there to investigate? The hotels are Marriott brands. Then I was told that one of them was a Design Hotel, not a Marriott hotel. Uh, it's one of Marriott's 29 brands. As of today it has been handled though with no apology on AMEX's part. The agent said that the points I was owed were all the bonus that she could give. Huh? I earned those points, there was no bonus involved. Can you tell I feel a bit testy about the process?

And welcome to posting, sea-faring. I'm impressed that 14 years on, you remember your handle and log in information. Well done.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt something
Thanks SanDiego1k for the warm welcome! I had to jump in at some point...
Your experience matches perfectly what I'm going through right now. Debating if I should drop Amex all together and go for the Bonvoy Visa.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
AMEX, could you please introduce this kind of branded credit card in Italy too??
Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:59 pm

Angry Which Marriott properties trigger that $300 statement credit?

I recently stayed at a Residence Inn in Stamford (room was just over $300) and that didn't trigger the $300 statement credit. Does anyone know where a list of "participating properties" is? I can't find it. The small print directs me to a Marriott link that doesn't specify the specific brands/hotels. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jdanipayne
I recently stayed at a Residence Inn in Stamford (room was just over $300) and that didn't trigger the $300 statement credit. Does anyone know where a list of "participating properties" is? I can't find it. The small print directs me to a Marriott link that doesn't specify the specific brands/hotels. Thanks!
Residence Inn Stamford should trigger the statement credit. Give AMEX a call
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by FluxTZ
Soooo, I just got an upgrade offer for 125,000 bonus points with $5k spend during first 3 months. As far as I'm aware, that's the highest bonus offer they've extended so far for this card.
That's a great offer! Even better than the new app offer. Wish I got it, but alas I only got the 50k offer .
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Bonvoy Brilliant upgrade question

I just accepted an invite to upgrade to a Bonvoy Brilliant card. A day or two after I did this my free night award (max 35K points) from my original SPG AMEX, was loaded into my account. Does anyone know if this will be replaced with a free night award (max 50K points) or will this not come until I renew next year?

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:43 pm

I just realized I'm coming up on my anniversary for the first year and haven't used my $300 credit.

Is there anyway to check when my anniversary is so i can use it before this?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aGeist
I just realized I'm coming up on my anniversary for the first year and haven't used my $300 credit.

Is there anyway to check when my anniversary is so i can use it before this?
The best way is to call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.