Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Send us the details to the email address below ([email protected]) and we'll be glad to see if we can assist.
Very glad to see you in here!
khlay likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Data point, applied on Monday 13th and received the card today. This is the quickest I've ever gotten as far as new card. I thought the 75K with 3K spend works better for me as opposed to 100K with 5K.

Now, just to confirm booking at any property at Marriott.com will trigger the credit, even places like TownePlace Suites.
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Data point, applied on Monday 13th and received the card today. This is the quickest I've ever gotten as far as new card. I thought the 75K with 3K spend works better for me as opposed to 100K with 5K.

Now, just to confirm booking at any property at Marriott.com will trigger the credit, even places like TownePlace Suites.

It worked for a stay at a Fairfield Inn
Old May 15, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: United 1P
Will paying at the Atlantis resort in Bahamas trigger the credit? Thanks!
Old May 23, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Nuhusky

thank you for this. Hopefully the code is not needed and if it is the rate is equivalent to members rate and not $100 more expensive negating any value
any update on the STR / Ritz rate? Website is down for me currently and can’t check myself
Old May 26, 2019, 1:00 pm

Free Night Cert

Whats the timeframe to get the free night cert? I got an alert (4/2) from Amex that it would be posted to my Marriott account soon, my annual fee was billed 4/5 and paid 4/19..... when I go on my Marriott.com account i still don't show the free night under the Activity page.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:06 pm

Does Annual Free Night Count As Points Night?

As an Amex Brilliant cardholder, I get one Free Marriott night per year (up to 50,000 points).

Can I combine this Free Night with three other nights payable with points in order to get a Fifth Night free on a five night stay?

Marriott customer service was not much help.

Last edited by milemonkey; May 26, 2019 at 1:48 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dascc
Whats the timeframe to get the free night cert? I got an alert (4/2) from Amex that it would be posted to my Marriott account soon, my annual fee was billed 4/5 and paid 4/19..... when I go on my Marriott.com account i still don't show the free night under the Activity page.
Did your alert (email?) not specify the timeframe? The email I got said "We wanted to remind you that you will receive one annual Free Night Award from Marriott Bonvoy each year of Card Membership within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date."

Mine took 8 weeks (see post 846). A quick thread search for "certificate" I believe has data points between 6 and 12 weeks.
dascc likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Can I combine this Free Night with three other nights payable with points in order to get a Fifth Night free on a five night stay?
No. If you want a 5th night free award, you have to order the 5th night free award (which costs the same as 4 nights, but gives you 5 nights.) Piecing together different 1 (or multi) night awards, bonuses, etc won't get you a 5th night free.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
My 100,000 bonus after the $5,000 spend posted in only 3 business days
Old May 27, 2019, 11:18 am

As of today, I started using my Chase Sapphire Reserve for Marriott stays instead of the Brilliant. I will probably keep it for the 50K annual night and then spend the $300 at a property, but this will probably live in the sock drawer, along with my other Marriott cards (although I am canceling all of them as they hit their renewal date). I just don't value Marriott points as much any longer.
jeepie likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The business card IMO is the sweet spot for a Marriott card...better bonus categories than the Brilliant, ironically enough
Old May 28, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Hi All - Some questions on the Brilliant Card
- Any fee for additional cardholders?
- Do additional cardholders get Priority Pass access?
- Do you get a free night cert during your first year or only after?
- Worth waiting around to see if a higher than 75k signup bonus becomes available soon?
Old May 28, 2019, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Hi All - Some questions on the Brilliant Card
- Any fee for additional cardholders?
- Do additional cardholders get Priority Pass access?
- Do you get a free night cert during your first year or only after?
- Worth waiting around to see if a higher than 75k signup bonus becomes available soon?
1. no
2. no (see https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms and search for "Additional Card" to see what benefits apply)
3. 8-12 weeks after your first renewal (this info is also available at the T&C link above)
4. maybe? Probably depends on what you personally value Marriott points at and how much of a rush you're in to get the card. Note that the PP non-lounge restaurant benefit is going away for AMEX cards
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I can't believe the PP restaurant benefit is going away, and I just got the card a month ago

Hopefully they back track on it. I plan to at least write in on it and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.