Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by escapefromphl

I believe you can’t get the brilliant bonus if you have the Chase Premier Plus card. The points guy and some of the other bloggers had posts about this
I think if you had an AMEX bonus you can't get another bonus. 100,000 points are showing in our Brilliant account (but not yet on Marriott) and we have the Premier Plus card that did earn a bonus. Husband has had a Platinum AMEX since the stone age (therefore no "bonus" anything ).
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
I've been looking for this-- does this card have travel insurance and protection like the other luxury cards? Like if flight is cancelled etc...hotel cost etc....

thanks
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:53 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Have there been any further details about the $100 credit towards luxury hotel stays at St Regis and Ritz-Carlton? I’ve heard and seen nothing about the special rates that would qualify for this benefit, nor any further mention of this benefit since first announced.

https://www.valuepenguin.com/marriot...n-express-card

Another new benefit of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card is a $100 property credit for stays at luxury hotels. Each time you use your card and a special rate code to book stays of two or more nights at The Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis properties, you'll receive $100 to enjoy on amenities throughout your stay. If you can benefit from this credit multiple times per year, the annual fee will likely be worth it for you.
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...onvoy-card.php

Starting March 28, cardholders will receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay.
I’m most curious about what special rates will qualify for this credit. Hoping at least the AAA and regular Marriott rates will qualify to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by bhrubin; Mar 14, 2019 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I’m most curious about what special rates will qualify for this credit. Hoping at least the AAA and regular Marriott rates will qualify to make it worthwhile.
In all likelihood it will be a special CorpCode which must be used. Marriott has this with the Chase card and typically, the CorpCode delivers a rate which eliminates the $100 credit.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Has anyone seen a statement credit yet for Marriott spend? I had a recent stay that was under the previous billing cycle but no statement credit was issued for the stay.
Mine have shown up within 1-2 days after checking out.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
The AF posted for renewing my Amex Bonvoy Brilliant and the statement cycled a week ago. I do not see a free night cert in my account. Where should it be listed?

Update: Found the answer myself in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html. It seems it can take a month!

Last edited by darthbimmer; Mar 19, 2019 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MusicMan216
Mine have shown up within 1-2 days after checking out.
I've already maxed out on the $300 Statement Credit after three stays which was nice.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:30 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I've already maxed out on the $300 Statement Credit after three stays which was nice.
I maxed ours out on the first stay after I got the card - got credit 2 days after checking out!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Son received new card, SPG PLASTIC Luxury card. Not the Bonvoy card. He called in and was told they would ship him one in April or May.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Any reports of a Marriott e-giftcard working for the $300 credit?
Same question here .
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
Don’t think the e-gift cards work but gift cards purchased at the front desk of a Marriott-owned (flagship) hotel did work.

Additionally, able to use the gift cards at the posh on-property restaurant.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:47 am

For recent new card approvals, how quickly do the 15 elite night credits post? Looking to bump up to Titanium before a couple of stays next week. Any recent data points for new approvals in March? thanks

Answered my own question: the 15 elite nights posted the day after I received my card. Which was 2 business days after approval.
kevin4lee likes this.

Last edited by jnb_tx; Mar 27, 2019 at 11:42 am Reason: answered my own question
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:02 am

Any way to easily see the remaining credit available for my remaining cardmember year?

I know I've only used a portion of it, and not seeing where I can find my remaining balance either on my statement or online Amex account.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:35 am

I received an offer to upgrade to the Bonvoy Brilliant card for 100K points if I spend $5K in 3 months. The offer expires at the end of April. However, my credit card anniversary is in the next 2 weeks, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to upgrade before or after. Perhaps someone can provide some insight on the following:
  • Will I have to wait another year to get my 35K free night anniversary certificate if I upgrade now? In other words, does upgrading reset the clock when it comes to the anniversary date?
  • What happens if I pay the $95 fee before I upgrade the card? Will the annual fee count against the Bonvoy Brilliant $450 fee (so I'd only owe $355)?
Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by standing01
Any way to easily see the remaining credit available for my remaining cardmember year?

I know I've only used a portion of it, and not seeing where I can find my remaining balance either on my statement or online Amex account.
Amex Live Chat can provide this information quite quickly, actually. I just had mine verified a few days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.