Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
It will be a wait and see of how the value plays out over this year.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
How long does it take for AMEX to activate and set up your Priority Pass membership after enrollment on AMEX's website?
Just under a week to receive the physical packet for me, last month.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hipquest
. . .

As to the SPG card coming and not the metal Bonvoy card I have an idea of what might have happened. If AMEX was planning to use the same type of cardstock that Chase uses for Marriott Rewards card that is a problem. I had to have my husbands replaced because it was peeling apart. When I called Chase they said his and anyone's future replacements (until the Bonvoy branded cards are issued, not sure what that material is supposed to be) would be plastic because of this problem.
You should have received an email today from Amex. I received one stating "The new, stainless-steel Card design will be available to new accounts in March 2019. Existing Card Members will automatically receive the new Card design starting in April 2019 and over the following months."
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:53 am

Any reports of a Marriott e-giftcard working for the $300 credit?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:30 pm

Has anyone had recent success in linking a Bonvoy card to a Marriott account number that is not the cardholder's?

My wife and I both signed up for the SPG Amex card several years ago. We used my SPG number on her credit card application because I'm platinum + ambassador so we always book stays using my account. This hasn't been a problem and I've always received the points for her spending on the card.

However, now she is getting the 100K upgrade offer to the Brilliant, but I am not. I'm afraid that if I upgrade her card, there's a risk that it will de-link my Marriott number from her credit card since the name doesn't match exactly.

Would love to hear if anyone has data points on this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by hipquest
My husband just got this card (he received the SPG card) however, my card was not in the overnight UPS package. Do they mail additional card holders cards separately?
Answer to my own question, additional cardholder cards are sent separately in case anyone wants to know.

Originally Posted by controller1
You should have received an email today from Amex. I received one stating "The new, stainless-steel Card design will be available to new accounts in March 2019. Existing Card Members will automatically receive the new Card design starting in April 2019 and over the following months."
No email but since purple is my favorite color I'm fine with the plastic
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Has anyone had recent success in linking a Bonvoy card to a Marriott account number that is not the cardholder's?

My wife and I both signed up for the SPG Amex card several years ago. We used my SPG number on her credit card application because I'm platinum + ambassador so we always book stays using my account. This hasn't been a problem and I've always received the points for her spending on the card.

However, now she is getting the 100K upgrade offer to the Brilliant, but I am not. I'm afraid that if I upgrade her card, there's a risk that it will de-link my Marriott number from her credit card since the name doesn't match exactly.

Would love to hear if anyone has data points on this.
I took the upgrade, they will pro rate the AF, till the existing cars time runs out

Was told the $300.00 Credit will hit for my next stay,

My existing card runs out in August so I will be eligible for another $300.00 after August...

So $600.00 back this year..
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:35 am

I was going to apply for this card to replace my Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus.

I am getting the warning message on the Amex website that I'm not eligible for the bonus.

Not sure why. My newest credit card is from 2016 and I originally applied for the Chase Marriott Visa in 2012.

Has anyone figured out a way around this?

If not I'll just keep using the Chase. Looks like that card will be automatically replaced with a new one that has similar benefits to the Amex.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have been disconnected from this thread due to travel to Chile.

Is it still the case that since I got a DL AMEX some years ago that I would not get the promotional benefits from this Bonvoy AMEX?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Do you get an email and anything to show you that you upgraded? I want to make sure everything went through before I start spending to meet the $5k threshold.
I was told the spending starts counting 24 hours after you upgrade. As soon as your online account shows the new card, the spending counts.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Marriott Amex offer

I have Amex accounts in multiple countries. I got an offer on my French Amex of €100 credit for spending €500 at Marriott hotels. I also have a US SPG Amex (soon to be Bonvoy) and am wondering if this offer will show up there soon? I always use the SPG card when staying at Marriott/SPG hotels to get the extra points. I'm not sure, but I think I'd be better off using the French amex in this case, but I wish I could stack with the extra points.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:13 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Late last year around Sept/Oct, I had a similar offer on my US SPG (now Bonvoy) Amex and was able to make use of it. It may be that other country Amex cards are just now catching up to what the US card did last year.

My guess is since the US card already had that offer, we probably won't see it again for a while.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone seen a statement credit yet for Marriott spend? I had a recent stay that was under the previous billing cycle but no statement credit was issued for the stay.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by jeremiahsullivan
I was going to apply for this card to replace my Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus.

I am getting the warning message on the Amex website that I'm not eligible for the bonus.

Not sure why. My newest credit card is from 2016 and I originally applied for the Chase Marriott Visa in 2012.

Has anyone figured out a way around this?

If not I'll just keep using the Chase. Looks like that card will be automatically replaced with a new one that has similar benefits to the Amex.
I believe you can’t get the brilliant bonus if you have the Chase Premier Plus card. The points guy and some of the other bloggers had posts about this

Last edited by escapefromphl; Feb 28, 2019 at 7:06 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:30 pm

Traveling to Portugal this summer...staying at a IHG property not a Marriott. However, this will be my last opportunity to take advantage of the $300 resort credit before it resets. Does anyone know what the protocol is if I am not staying at a Marriott but say use my LUX card to dine at a local properties restaurant, grab drinks at a resorts bar or even use their spa? Would this type of activity activate annual $300 credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.