Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by controller1
It can be a prepaid reservation. I had it applied to a Ritz-Carlton reservation requiring a deposit months prior to the stay.
So I should be able to do a reservation at (a StR for example) and get the $300 credit?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kapooncha
So I should be able to do a reservation at (a StR for example) and get the $300 credit?
Yes
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Data point: free 50k night has now posted to my account. The annual fee was charged 12/16.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Saidoh
Data point: free 50k night has now posted to my account. The annual fee was charged 12/16.
And $300 credit reset?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joeags
And $300 credit reset?
I upgraded to the Lux card back in November of last year and quickly used my $300. My anniversary date is supposed to be sometime in January, but I have not yet seen the full annual fee on my card yet. But the interesting thing is I had a Marriott charge hit the card on the 19th and on the 21st I see a $300 credit titled "SPG / Marriott Rewards Credit". So even though the annual fee hasn't hit the card (nor do I see the 50K cert), I do have my $300 credit for this year.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Thanks for the DP. I upgraded to the Luxury card sometime last September and I just learned that my anniversary date is February 1st.

Now I assume it's safe to go get another Marriott gc and trigger the credit 😁
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
no certificate on upgrade

I upgraded my card sometime last y ear. The prorated annual fee was charged towards end of November. Unfortunately no annual free night certificate has arrived. My card anniversary is in June. So Looks like I will get it then.

Also, I had a stay in October that I got $300 credit for. I had another stay in December after the annual fee posted. No credit posted. So it looks like this will reset in June.

I had a different experience with aspire. I got the annual free night certificate once the annual fee posted. Maybe amex changed their award system.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I upgraded my card sometime last y ear. The prorated annual fee was charged towards end of November. Unfortunately no annual free night certificate has arrived. My card anniversary is in June. So Looks like I will get it then.

Also, I had a stay in October that I got $300 credit for. I had another stay in December after the annual fee posted. No credit posted. So it looks like this will reset in June.

I had a different experience with aspire. I got the annual free night certificate once the annual fee posted. Maybe amex changed their award system.
AMEX didnt change anything. The products just have different policies about whether these apply on a calendar year or card membership year basis. The SPG credit renews with your card year, and you get a free night for every renewal.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
That's interesting as I did not. I thought reports were that AMEX was waiting 8 weeks from card open date so that people couldn't cancel the card for the AF refund, and still get the weekend cert.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Any DP on whether the Cosmo Vegas refundable deposit will count for the credit?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kapooncha
That's interesting as I did not. I thought reports were that AMEX was waiting 8 weeks from card open date so that people couldn't cancel the card for the AF refund, and still get the weekend cert.
No, the T&Cs for the SPG card state one will receive the free night cert upon renewal (i.e. no cert the first year). For those that upgraded to this card, their 1st renewal may be well less than 1 year, but they also will have to wait until after they renew the card to get the free night cert.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hhoope01
No, the T&amp;Cs for the SPG card state one will receive the free night cert upon renewal (i.e. no cert the first year). For those that upgraded to this card, their 1st renewal may be well less than 1 year, but they also will have to wait until after they renew the card to get the free night cert.<br />
Right but I was responding to a poster who was discussing the aspire card.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
No, the T&Cs for the SPG card state one will receive the free night cert upon renewal (i.e. no cert the first year). For those that upgraded to this card, their 1st renewal may be well less than 1 year, but they also will have to wait until after they renew the card to get the free night cert.
This is my understanding as well. But for those who upgraded to the Luxury card in the middle of the card membership year, do they get the $300 credit in the remainder of the partial year of the upgrade? Sounds like at least some folks have...?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:56 am

I upgraded in November of last year and received the $300 credit. My annual renewal was January and I have already received another $300 credit.
cfischer and darthbimmer like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
This is my understanding as well. But for those who upgraded to the Luxury card in the middle of the card membership year, do they get the $300 credit in the remainder of the partial year of the upgrade? Sounds like at least some folks have...?
I upgraded in November of last year and received the $300 credit. My annual renewal was January and I have already received another $300 credit.
Likewise, I upgraded in September and received the $300 credit about a week later. My anniversary date (annual renewal) is November and I received another $300 credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.