Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
In my wife's case, the charge that put her over $5k posted on 10/23 and the statement was dated 10/26 -- so essentially the same. Her regular points for the 10/26 statement showed up in her marriott account on 10/29, but the 100k upgrade bonus hasn't posted.

My worry is that she already received 100k earlier in the month as a sign-up bonus on a new SPG AMEX biz card (which she got before the new sign-up bonuses went into effect). We checked the terms of the upgrade offer carefully and there were no restrictions that prohibited her to earn it due to the earlier bonus. But I wonder whether Marriott might be questioning it.

We'll wait at least a week and then if it doesn't show up, we start calling and exerience AMEX saying it marriott's fault and marriott blaming it on amex.
Would appreciate if you could post the outcome of this once it gets resolved. I just made the purchase to put me over 5K on an upgrade offer but it won't post for a few days. I have the Chase RC card so I'm waiting to see if I run into trouble even though the upgrade offer did not have the card restrictions.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:08 pm

My platinum upgrade when through after the 3rd statement of achievement only took 9+ weeks. About time.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Would appreciate if you could post the outcome of this once it gets resolved. I just made the purchase to put me over 5K on an upgrade offer but it won't post for a few days. I have the Chase RC card so I'm waiting to see if I run into trouble even though the upgrade offer did not have the card restrictions.
Wife's 100k upgrade bonus just posted. All is well.....
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
I applied for the Lux (100k offer level) while still holding the regular version. My upgrade offer (also 100k) disappeared from the web site maybe 4-5 days after that [...] however as nexusCFX says the link in my upgrade offer email still appeared to work, and now my account online shows two Lux cards.
I've now received both 100k bonuses ^ each showed up first in my AMEX stats (points earned YTD) and were then reflected in my Marriott account a day or two later.

I had previously accepted the "spend $X for Y points" offer before upgrading, so I am hoping that stacks together with the post-upgrade spending bonus...
Haven't finished the spend for this part yet
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:26 am

Haven't finished the spend for this part yet
I have finished the spend requirements for 2 other offers (spend 15K, get 30K extra points, as well as a spend 10K, get 5K bonus) but I haven't seen these bonuses on my account yet, despite qualifying in September.

Anyone have these extra offers post?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ckelly14
I have finished the spend requirements for 2 other offers (spend 15K, get 30K extra points, as well as a spend 10K, get 5K bonus) but I haven't seen these bonuses on my account yet, despite qualifying in September.

Anyone have these extra offers post?
My offer T&C said "If you reach one or both of the Purchase Requirements, the bonus points will be credited to your loyalty member account 2–4 weeks after December 10, 2018."

So it could be a while
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Applied online today through the link to the targeted 125k offer - instant approval. I guess I'm off the Amex blacklist after my Citi Hilton was transferred to Amex

The only hitch is that the app auto-populates with my old SPG acct # which has since been merged with Marriott. I am going to give it a few days and then call to correct. No rush as I don't expect any points will be posting for at least 1 cycle.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Applied online today through the link to the targeted 125k offer - instant approval. I guess I'm off the Amex blacklist after my Citi Hilton was transferred to Amex

The only hitch is that the app auto-populates with my old SPG acct # which has since been merged with Marriott. I am going to give it a few days and then call to correct. No rush as I don't expect any points will be posting for at least 1 cycle.
Member number correction seems to be one of the things that didn't go terribly wrong in the merger. Mine updated on my SPG AMEX after merging, as well as on my AMEX Canada transfer partner, so yours will hopefully just auto update to the new number.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:34 pm

Just got an email from Amex regarding my upgraded card:

"Happy Card anniversary! We wanted to remind you that you will receive one annual Free Night Award from SPG® each year of Card Membership within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date.
You can redeem the Free Night Award e-certificate for a one-night stay inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes (additional mandatory resort fees may apply) at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels with a redemption level at or under 50,000 points."

Looking forward to possible redemption for off-peak Ritz Halfmoon Bay
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:47 am

I currently have the AMEX SPG Lux card and want to cancel before the next annual fee. Can someone explain how I can find the exact date when I get hit with the AF, and if there's a strategy for canceling at the right time to make sure I get all my points, the free night certificate (when am I supposed to get this?) and any other benefit that I would get once a year? I got the card late August this year. Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ameskay
I currently have the AMEX SPG Lux card and want to cancel before the next annual fee. Can someone explain how I can find the exact date when I get hit with the AF, and if there's a strategy for canceling at the right time to make sure I get all my points, the free night certificate (when am I supposed to get this?) and any other benefit that I would get once a year? I got the card late August this year. Thank you!
It is not going to matter much once you get the bonus for reaching your spend requirement. If you don’t pay the annual fee next year, you won’t get any free night or the $300 credit.
ameskay likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:16 am

My offer T&C said "If you reach one or both of the Purchase Requirements, the bonus points will be credited to your loyalty member account 2–4 weeks after December 10, 2018."

So it could be a while
That stinks. I wonder if my T&C are the same.

Originally Posted by khlay
Just got an email from Amex regarding my upgraded card:

"Happy Card anniversary! We wanted to remind you that you will receive one annual Free Night Award from SPG® each year of Card Membership within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date.
You can redeem the Free Night Award e-certificate for a one-night stay inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes (additional mandatory resort fees may apply) at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels with a redemption level at or under 50,000 points."

Looking forward to possible redemption for off-peak Ritz Halfmoon Bay
I just received my award certificate from one of my business cards with an anniversary date the end of Sept. So about 6 weeks for me.Hopefully it will continue to be better than 8-12 weeks.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ameskay
Read TOS carefully. I remember seeing if cancelled earlier could result in revoking bonus points.
ameskay likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:36 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It is not going to matter much once you get the bonus for reaching your spend requirement. If you don’t pay the annual fee next year, you won’t get any free night or the $300 credit.
Given what I have been seeing in recent posts in this thread, it looks like the 50K cert won't be deposited until 6+ weeks after the annual fee hits. I suspect that is Amex's way of ensuring they don't have to pay for the cert and then have someone cancel their card without paying the annual fee.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco

​​​
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Read TOS carefully. I remember seeing if cancelled earlier could result in revoking bonus points.
I see. So just to be safe, I should keep it until past my 1yr anniversary. With the $300 credit and a free night, I will recoup thr annual fee through those two anyway. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.