Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Just curious, where do you have the 100,000 point offer? (The one I had seen online has been replaced by a much less enticing 50k offer)
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:33 pm

Was just going to post a petition about the time it takes to reach Platinum status after reaching the $75000 spend. Checked my account and lo and behold, I am now Platinum! Took about 8 weeks.

Anyone know where the free night certificates are located online?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ckelly14
Under tab "Activity".
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:57 am

Platinum

My platinum status went through as well. Maybe they are upgrading everyone at once, only took 4-6 weeks for me.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Was just going to post a petition about the time it takes to reach Platinum status after reaching the $75000 spend. Checked my account and lo and behold, I am now Platinum! Took about 8 weeks.

My upgraded Plat went through also! Now I'm waiting for the 50K free night certificate - as my renewal date was a few weeks ago. Believe it should show up under the "Activity" section.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Pulling out my SPG Biz Amex after mothballing it to hit the Luxury 100K bonus threshold...forgot about it for a bit, amazed that IMO it's a better card for net $55 cheaper (esp. if you aren't spending your way to Plat or are relying on it for a downgraded Gold status).

IMO the 4x for restaurants plus gas is worth the tradeoff for the free night only being for 35K vs. 50K hotels.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:01 am

Apologies for not flipping through all 33 pages.

For those who have just applied for this card as new cardmember (not upgrade), did you immediately get a temporary online card number you can immediately use without waiting for the physical card to come? TIA
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
My wife upgraded with a 100k offer end of Sept. Spent the $5k and on 10/26 statement it shows that she earned 100k plus points for the spend. Her marriott account shows the points for the spend, but not the 100k bonus. I know I should wait another day or two, but I'm worried that Marriott might have blocked the 100k as she would not be eligible for them on a new card due to their restrictive new rules (no bonus on AMEX cards if you have chase cards). Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by echelone
Apologies for not flipping through all 33 pages.

For those who have just applied for this card as new cardmember (not upgrade), did you immediately get a temporary online card number you can immediately use without waiting for the physical card to come? TIA
It is the same card number, and the online profile reflects the "Luxury" moniker no more that a few hours after you are approved. So, yes, I believe you can use it immediately and it will go towards your required spend.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
My wife upgraded with a 100k offer end of Sept. Spent the $5k and on 10/26 statement it shows that she earned 100k plus points for the spend. Her marriott account shows the points for the spend, but not the 100k bonus. I know I should wait another day or two, but I'm worried that Marriott might have blocked the 100k as she would not be eligible for them on a new card due to their restrictive new rules (no bonus on AMEX cards if you have chase cards). Anyone have any experience with this?
Even though the 100,000 bonus points show on the Amex statement, the 100,000 bonus points should have posted to her Marriott account within a few days of hitting the $5K threshold instead of with the rest of the statement points. At least that is what happened in my case.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I tired to get my number and got an error message saying that they could not provide one at this time but were going to have a $40 credit on my account. Mine arrived in the mail today and took about 5 days total. My Marriott account also now shows that I am Gold.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
Even though the 100,000 bonus points show on the Amex statement, the 100,000 bonus points should have posted to her Marriott account within a few days of hitting the $5K threshold instead of with the rest of the statement points. At least that is what happened in my case.
In my wife's case, the charge that put her over $5k posted on 10/23 and the statement was dated 10/26 -- so essentially the same. Her regular points for the 10/26 statement showed up in her marriott account on 10/29, but the 100k upgrade bonus hasn't posted.

My worry is that she already received 100k earlier in the month as a sign-up bonus on a new SPG AMEX biz card (which she got before the new sign-up bonuses went into effect). We checked the terms of the upgrade offer carefully and there were no restrictions that prohibited her to earn it due to the earlier bonus. But I wonder whether Marriott might be questioning it.

We'll wait at least a week and then if it doesn't show up, we start calling and exerience AMEX saying it marriott's fault and marriott blaming it on amex.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
In my wife's case, the charge that put her over $5k posted on 10/23 and the statement was dated 10/26 -- so essentially the same. Her regular points for the 10/26 statement showed up in her marriott account on 10/29, but the 100k upgrade bonus hasn't posted.

My worry is that she already received 100k earlier in the month as a sign-up bonus on a new SPG AMEX biz card (which she got before the new sign-up bonuses went into effect). We checked the terms of the upgrade offer carefully and there were no restrictions that prohibited her to earn it due to the earlier bonus. But I wonder whether Marriott might be questioning it.

We'll wait at least a week and then if it doesn't show up, we start calling and exerience AMEX saying it marriott's fault and marriott blaming it on amex.
My 100,000 bonus posted on Amex and Marriott at almost the same time, so you may have something there...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriot TE
What's the best method to combine my old SPG Amex + SPG Amex Business into a single Luxury Card? I have a 100,000 Bonus for a net new signup, but, not for an upgrade. Would rather not close accounts all together, but, maybe I am overcorrecting on that?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:39 am

My 100,000 bonus posted on Amex and Marriott at almost the same time, so you may have something there...
I finished my spend before the statement closed. I got my 100k on the 8th and regular points on the 13th. Statement date was the 10th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.