Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Polytonic
What's the obsession with a metal card? Once you have one, it's not like there's anything special about having a second one. The SPG Lux card material seems similar to the metal Citi Prestige anyway.
Symbolic - and if you have the one that is like the Prestige, you do NOT have the temp card that I and many others have (which is more flimsy than any other card in my wallet)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:31 am

"Upgraded" to the luxury card on August 23 and my statement that went out on Aug 24th already is reflecting the luxury card status. I was happy to see that I have already qualified for platinum elite status and I am receiving the bonus miles based on 2 additional points up to 30K promotion I signed up for earlier.

Not sure what the other adjustment miles are. Anyone know?

Edited to add: My Marriott account does not reflect this status yet, and I don't see that happening very soon...
Also noted that my loyalty member number still has my old SPG number.
My Marriott account also climbed 100K points this AM! Not sure if this is a glitch but I assume I received my 100K bonus already. Activity does not show me anything since 8/23...

Last edited by ckelly14; Sep 6, 2018 at 7:07 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:37 am

[QUOTE=Polytonic;30172379]The 125k offer was through an email as far as I know. IIRC it was valid through early December. I don't know if there's a way to refer someone for the targeted offer, but presumably if you already have an SPG card, you could self-refer each other for 120k points instead?

I tried this idea. However, we only have the business card and, therefore, the website will only allow us to refer one another to the business card.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:38 am

I obtained SPG Lux Amex and called to cancel old SPG USD personal one. Then I was suggested to keep it at least until next annual contract cycle, if I want to get a free night. I decided to keep both. Although other benefits including bonus status nights count are meaningless, that free night would covers the annual fee if you have a chance to use it.

Essentially it is 95 USD for 35,000 pts free night to keep both card.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sngorman
Got my card today via UPS, disappointed that it’s plastic and not metal.
Hello, how many business days did it take from when you applied to receive the card, and was there an expedited shipping option? I leave for a trip in less than 2 weeks and there's a Marriott property stay involved, been procrastinating on applying since I really don't want another card, but if I'm going to spend all that money in a few weeks, seems like a no brainer to get it at least for a year. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:46 am
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Are cards for authorized users fee free?
Bump.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by hbcobra
I currently have the AMEX SPG personal card, the AMEX SPG business card, and the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus personal card. I have an offer from AMEX to upgrade the SPG personal card to the SPG Luxury card for 100,000 points ($5,000 spend in first three months). Can I utilize the upgrade offer and then reapply for the regular SPG personal card? Will AMEX even allow me to carry both of these cards?

Before you ask, yes, I realize that I will not receive another sign-up bonus for the regular SPG personal card due to AMEX's once-per-lifetime bonus rule and the new sign-up bonus restrictions (if I am even allowed to reapply for the card in the first place). And yes, I know that it is redundant to carry these cards, but I think there is value in the free night certificates at Marriott.

Thank you!
Hi. Is anyone aware of any restrictions against holding both the regular and luxury cards at the same time? Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:03 am

I can confirm that the 60 off 300 promo and the 300 annual credit do work together. I stayed at a Residence Inn over Labor Day and Amex credited them both ($360) today.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by hbcobra
Hi. Is anyone aware of any restrictions against holding both the regular and luxury cards at the same time? Thanks!
I hold them both and several others have mentioned it as well, so I'd say yes you are good. I'd think there are spg business card holders that have these two as well.
hbcobra likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:25 am

Just upgraded to lux. Any more datapoints on the $300 credit? No plans to stay at a hotel but curious if any Marriott/SPG hotels sell gift cards or if there are other ways to trigger the credit, assuming it really resets to the full $300 on my original SPG anniversary that hits next week. Thx.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:25 am

got a letter today explaining that due to high demand, I should continue to use my non-Luxury SPG card as it will reflect all Luxury benefits. letter also says I should expect to receive the Luxury card within 60 days!!

this $300 credit for Starriott hotels, can it be used twice i.e. by December 2018 as well as in 2019?
It's an anniversary year benefit, not calendar year.
viperbrown likes this.

Last edited by rooney; Sep 6, 2018 at 11:26 am Reason: forgot quoted content
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ckelly14
Not sure what the other adjustment miles are. Anyone know?
It's 1:3 SPG:Marriott adjustment for pre 8/1 spending. One for bonus and one for base point.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:30 pm

deleted
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by suziemay
Hello, how many business days did it take from when you applied to receive the card, and was there an expedited shipping option? I leave for a trip in less than 2 weeks and there's a Marriott property stay involved, been procrastinating on applying since I really don't want another card, but if I'm going to spend all that money in a few weeks, seems like a no brainer to get it at least for a year. Thanks!
Applied on Friday got it on Tuesday
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
Originally Posted by rooney
It's an anniversary year benefit, not calendar year.
thanks! my regular SPG Amex anniversary was in March, so now wondering again whether I have $300 to use by March 2019 and then another $300 after March 2019?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.