Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
https://credit-cards.marriott.com/yourcardoffer/
got 125K offer
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
Just a 100K for me, not interested.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:12 pm

andersonCooper thanks I agree. Sort of ot for this thread but I noticed I have been downgraded from spg gold to silver. This merger reminds me of what happened when Doug Parker took over AA.
Downgrades, slash benefits and slash so-more, Oh well It's still a good game if you have the patience to play.

YMMV
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I got a 125,000 offer by email. I also just got the regular card for the first time. Hopefully the 125K bonus is still available for me in a few months. Getting 200,000K Marriott points with signup bonuses is pretty good.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone who did not get an upgrade offer have any luck with calling and asking or even retention? Background: I've had Amex PLT since 99 (avg ~150K/yr), the SPG card since 2004-2005 I believe, I only use the SPG card at SPG hotels (~25K/yr), I did sign up for and get the Chase Marriott card when they had the 100K offer a few weeks back - my understanding is until the 26th that shouldnt affect my ability to get a bonus on this card. I'd take an upgrade to the Amex Luxury card if it came with a decent bonus but seems I was not targeted and thus considering dropping the Amex SPG card in Jan (renewal date) w/o one since its basically the same as the Chase I just got. Second question, am I correct in my understanding that if I do not get an offer but apply outright for the Lux card before the 26th even as someone who currently has the old SPG card and recently got the Chase PremierPlus card I can get the 100K SPG bonus?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryan182
Anyone who did not get an upgrade offer have any luck with calling and asking or even retention? Background: I've had Amex PLT since 99 (avg ~150K/yr), the SPG card since 2004-2005 I believe, I only use the SPG card at SPG hotels (~25K/yr), I did sign up for and get the Chase Marriott card when they had the 100K offer a few weeks back - my understanding is until the 26th that shouldnt affect my ability to get a bonus on this card. I'd take an upgrade to the Amex Luxury card if it came with a decent bonus but seems I was not targeted and thus considering dropping the Amex SPG card in Jan (renewal date) w/o one since its basically the same as the Chase I just got. Second question, am I correct in my understanding that if I do not get an offer but apply outright for the Lux card before the 26th even as someone who currently has the old SPG card and recently got the Chase PremierPlus card I can get the 100K SPG bonus?
Yes, you can earn the SPG bonus. You could get the Luxury and keep both the standard SPG and Marriott cards. The other cards would probably be worth keeping, if you can use the free nights (35k).
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by ryan182
For the most part you should eligible. This is nearly the exact situation I was in (long time SPG Amex personal and business card holder, Amex Plat holder and just got the Marriott Premier Plus 3 weeks ago). I applied for the SPG Luxury card yesterday and was approved. However, there are reports of others in a similar situation being denied the bonus during their application. Amex now includes language that allows them to consider a variety of factors in consideration of your eligibility for a bonus. The good thing is that they do a check prior to doing a hard pull on your credit report and will inform you if they feel you are not eligible for the bonus BEFORE they complete that hard pull. Bottom line, go through the application process. If the application processes immediately, you'll get the bonus. If after clicking submit you are prompted with a message that you are ineligible, it will ask for a second confirmation that you still wish to proceed with the application.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
I already merged my spg into my Marriott account. Is there a way to get the newly assigned spg number? Can't seem to find it in any of my emails and putting my Marriott number in leads to an error. My old spg number works though I assume it's now defunct anyways
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:23 am

Just signed up for SPG Luxury with 100k and got a 125k offer later that day. Sucks, but at the very least I'm going to cancel my Amex Plat and Citi Prestige.

Reducing to just the CSR/SPG Luxury/Amex EDP for personal spend.

I saw the SPG Luxury as an Amex Plat replacement, since I pretty much get everything it offers without it.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:44 am

How are folks receiving the 125K offer? Doesn't make a difference for me since I already signed up for the 100K offer. Just curious.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
Thanks for the reply Kacee.

I'm not concerned with incidental spend, what I'm trying to determine is if actual nightly room rate charges are part of the $300 credit???
DoC said that Amex confirmed that room rate charges count towards the $300 credit. Who wants to be the first guinea pig?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...a-second-look/
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: United 1K
Does this card come with 15 premier qualifying night credits? I can't find any reference to such a benefit on the offer landing page.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Resonant Programmer
Does this card come with 15 premier qualifying night credits? I can't find any reference to such a benefit on the offer landing page.
Yes but in 2019. And the nights do not stack starting next year so if you have any other cards from Marriott you won't ever see these nights.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by LF72
How are folks receiving the 125K offer? Doesn't make a difference for me since I already signed up for the 100K offer. Just curious.
An email sent to my SPG account number. I didn’t have a card before and generally completed a few Starwood nights a year.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by bradpetrik
Yes but in 2019. And the nights do not stack starting next year so if you have any other cards from Marriott you won't ever see these nights.
This is the confusing part. Why in the t&c does it state a 2018 and 2019 section about the elite nights. We all know in 2019 it's 15 max regardless of number of co-brand cards. I thought it would be possible to get 15 nights for 2018 also?

Is Marriott and SPG each awarding a max of 15 elite nights this year? I haven't merged yet, got my 15 from the Marriott Visa, and my 5 from the SPG Amex. I thought maybe I could get another 10 nights if an upgrade to the Luxury card was made. But I don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.