Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott

New card landing page (no referral or whatsoever):
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dArt-SPGLuxury

T&C:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

"Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a welcome or upgrade offer for The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months."
jeffsmithwa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:38 am

New SPG Luxury card out today- Who's biting?

NEW Amex SPG Luxury Card

Much anticipated Luxury Card out today, with 100K bonus. Nothing to sneeze at but certainly would have been more impressive a few months ago.

Any takers? I'm on the fence.

I received the offer for 30,0000 extra points on my SPG personal card and I will use it until I reach the required 15K spend. 100,000 on the Luxury Card offer good until October 31st.

Already lifetime Gold and I don't think the going for platinum is worth the extra spend. I have similar or better benefits on my CSR and my AAdvantage Executive cards, but I'm somewhat of a sucker for these luxury cards.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just keep in mind the trickery evil marriott is employing on this card. You might think: "oh awesome I get a free night up to 50k points. So that means I will get next year a night at that awesome ritz carlton cat 6."

WRONG. Next year they will introduce that off peak and peak pricing so most likely you are going to get a cat 5 peak hotel (same cat free night you get this year with a $95 AF marriott card)
X-ON likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Don't know what it does any better/different for us that already have that status in LT.

Now IF everyday spend was 3 points per $, that would change things...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
New card landing page (no referral or whatsoever):
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dArt-SPGLuxury

T&C:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

"Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a welcome or upgrade offer for The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months."
I've received an offer, I just haven't accepted it. Could they be that devious?
smgainey and andersonCooper like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
And...I'm not eligible for the bonus offer based on my history with American Express. I believe my only Amex cards in the past were the SPG business which I kept open for 3 years, and the SPG personal which I did close when the annual fee came around. I currently have a Blue card.
At least it was nice of them to let me know before the credit check.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ehallison
And...I'm not eligible for the bonus offer based on my history with American Express. I believe my only Amex cards in the past were the SPG business which I kept open for 3 years, and the SPG personal which I did close when the annual fee came around. I currently have a Blue card.
At least it was nice of them to let me know before the credit check.
I dont understand why you wouldn't be eligible? Are current SPG personal cards not eligible?

Does anyone know if you upgrade vs apply for new gets the bonus? Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:10 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
I dont understand why you wouldn't be eligible? Are current SPG personal cards not eligible?
Amex has a new algorithm that assesses, prior to them doing a hard pull, whether you are "eligible" (using not only the written terms of the offer, but also their undisclosed internal assessment supposedly based on your history with them-- i.e. how many cards you have, how many you have had, your spending patterns,etc.). If it determines you are not, it gives you the option to just cancel the application.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Platinum, Amex SPG, Chase CSR, Citi TYP
Originally Posted by ckelly14
NEW Amex SPG Luxury Card

Much anticipated Luxury Card out today, with 100K bonus. Nothing to sneeze at but certainly would have been more impressive a few months ago.

Any takers? I'm on the fence.

I received the offer for 30,0000 extra points on my SPG personal card and I will use it until I reach the required 15K spend. 100,000 on the Luxury Card offer good until October 31st.

Already lifetime Gold and I don't think the going for platinum is worth the extra spend. I have similar or better benefits on my CSR and my AAdvantage Executive cards, but I'm somewhat of a sucker for these luxury cards.
Not thrilled. I have Amex SPG personal card and am SPG Lifetime Gold (Elite) too. Don't find the need to upgrade or apply the new card for bonus. The earning power is the same as my SPG personal card. I have CSR and Citi TYP for travel and dining (worldwide) and far more. I have CSR for PP lounge access. I hardly dine or shop at hotels. I am also a sucker for metal cards, but I guess that I pass...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by dw
Amex has a new algorithm that assesses, prior to them doing a hard pull, whether you are "eligible" (using not only the written terms of the offer, but also their undisclosed internal assessment supposedly based on your history with them-- i.e. how many cards you have, how many you have had, your spending patterns,etc.). If it determines you are not, it gives you the option to just cancel the application.
ahh makes sense.. do you think having just 1 SPG personal card will negate me? I just dont know if I should apply for new or upgrade. I dont think the upgrade would get the 100K bonus
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:00 am

"Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a welcome or upgrade offer for The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months."

Does that mean you have until 8/26 to apply and get the bonus even if you have had the other stuffs?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
ahh makes sense.. do you think having just 1 SPG personal card will negate me? I just dont know if I should apply for new or upgrade. I dont think the upgrade would get the 100K bonus
I have the SPG personal amex and the newer marriott card - just applied for and got this one without any warning about no bonus.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dw
As I am aware of the new algorithm, this card might be different, especially for current SPG card holders. The offer exclusion mostly include other issuers (Chase), instead of AMEX itself. So the system might just think the person card triggers the no offer again algorithm and deliver the ineligibility message. Just my guess though, not sure how AMEX IT works out...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
What SPG number are people putting on the application? The old one? the new one? the marriott number?
wanalaugh74 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Platinum, Amex SPG, Chase CSR, Citi TYP
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
What SPG number are people putting on the application? The old one? the new one? the marriott number?
I guess any new, combined account number, either Marriott or SPG would do. They are all the same.

Last edited by Safetravel3; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.