Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
December 2020. I believe her "Years as Platinum" counter incremented from zero to one, so that might explain it.

She received the additional 15 nights upon approval, which immediately raised her to Marriott Bonv°y Gold Elite status.

She got 30 nights for the two credit cards on 1 January, and should get her 13 Elite Nights Credit (ENC) "head start" (not "Rollover") nights very soon — whenever that batch is processed — so with 43 nights she is close to Platinum Elite status regardless.
where can one check years of platinum...she should be eligible and get platinum whenever the updates come out since in December it was part of the promo
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In the past couple of years, the annual counters have incremented for most of us in mid- to late February or early March.

One can see years of Silver, Gold, and Platinum after signing in to one's account.

This can be done through the website, or on the cell phone application ("app").

On the app, after signing in, press "Account" in the bottom right corner. Then scroll right to the "Lifetime Status" page. Press on the "Years as Silver or Higher" link.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
I see a fair amount of data points here (as of the time of posting) that people who should be receiving Platinum status as part of a signup bonus from the Bonvoy Brilliant (or Amex Bonvoy Business card) are not seeing it. Is anyone actually seeing it yet? Mine has yet to update, and not seeing the rollover nights either.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I see a fair amount of data points here (as of the time of posting) that people who should be receiving Platinum status as part of a signup bonus from the Bonvoy Brilliant (or Amex Bonvoy Business card) are not seeing it. Is anyone actually seeing it yet? Mine has yet to update, and not seeing the rollover nights either.
I have not received Platinum status and rollover nights either.
I have been checking other forums too, and I have not seen anyone who actually received Platinum status.
I contacted Amex and they confirmed I am eligible to get Platinum status and should have gotten it on on Feb 1st. It seema like Marriott is not processing it properly and I was told to contact Marriott.
I was not sure how to contact Marriott about this, so I sent a message on Twitter and have been waiting for their reply.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Rollover nights just posted; still missing Platinum status.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Rollover nights just posted; still missing Platinum status.
Same here. I called the Bonvoy number. The customer service agent said I was the third person calling tonight with the same issue. She said she would put in a ticket.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by tskye
I have not received Platinum status and rollover nights either.
I have been checking other forums too, and I have not seen anyone who actually received Platinum status.
I contacted Amex and they confirmed I am eligible to get Platinum status and should have gotten it on on Feb 1st. It seema like Marriott is not processing it properly and I was told to contact Marriott.
I was not sure how to contact Marriott about this, so I sent a message on Twitter and have been waiting for their reply.
​​​​​​
Same.

I haven't received mine either and I've got an upcoming 38 nights stay. I think I'll go to Hilton. Don't know how they execute this but that was a terrible experience to start with.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:17 am

same experience as the last few posters...rollover nights just posted but still no platinum status
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:36 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
same experience as the last few posters...rollover nights just posted but still no platinum status
Dear all,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in awarding the Platinum Elite status. We are having unforeseen technical difficulties and are making every effort to resolve the problem. Your Platinum Elite status will be in your profile as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. In the mean time, if you send a Private Message to us with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty number, we are happy to follow up.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Dear all,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in awarding the Platinum Elite status. We are having unforeseen technical difficulties and are making every effort to resolve the problem. Your Platinum Elite status will be in your profile as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. In the mean time, if you send a Private Message to us with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty number, we are happy to follow up.
Appreciate the response. I hope Bonvoy will consider extending the expiration of the complimentary Platinum status, given we're into February and it still has not been implemented.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I hope Bonvoy will consider extending the expiration of the complimentary Platinum status, given we're into February and it still has not been implemented.
The promo offer T&C said it wouldn't kick in until 2/1. It's an IT fail that they've been unable to deliver on that promise, absolutely, but it's only been two days, asking for an extension seems slightly premature IMO.

If it drags on another week or two maybe...
SPN Lifer, Pocatello and tstauck like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Best way is to open a Brilliant then downgrade to the regular card a year later.
One of my Brilliant's AF is coming soon. If I downgrade after it posts, do I at least get the 35k certificate? I have a bad feeling that I will be in limbo and will get neither the 50k nor the 35k in this case.

But if I downgrade before it posts, in theory, AMEX can claw back the $300 credit of the past year from my understanding of their updated T&C.

Looking for data points to make my decision.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Relative's account has been upgraded to Platinum due to having Brilliant cc. Didn't contact anyone. Changed a couple of hours ago
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 3:27 pm

Platinum just posted to my Marriott account from holding the Bonvoy Brilliant. Applied on 1/13/21.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
No problem with the Chase-AmEx interaction. Business and personal cards are separate categories.

My wife has a $95-annual-fee personal Chase Marriott Bonv°y Visa card. She applied for the business Marriott Bonv°y AmEx card last December and, having spent $5K within 90 days, received her 100,000-point sign-up bonus (SUB).

I am not sure whether Platinum Elite status was part of her offer.
December 2020. I believe her "Years as Platinum" counter incremented from zero to one, so that might explain it.

She received the additional 15 nights upon approval, which immediately raised her to Marriott Bonv°y Gold Elite status.

She got 30 nights for the two credit cards on 1 January, and should get her 13 Elite Nights Credit (ENC) "head start" (not "Rollover") nights very soon — whenever that batch is processed — so with 43 nights she is close to Platinum Elite status regardless.
She got her 13 ENC yesterday, and within the past couple of hours her 2021 status changed to Platinum Elite, based on her new Marriott Bonv°y AmEx business card, and she now has two years as Platinum, instead of one.

Beaucoup Bonv°y!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.