Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Thanks for the official link! My AF was going to hit mid-July and was debating whether or not to keep it even though it is one of my longest held cards. I will definitely be able to use the $300 for restaurants, so I will keep it for now Restaurant credit is so much more beneficial for me right now esp since I have several travel certs I haven't been able to use this year.
Old May 1, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Thanks! Some of the added benefits have a lot of ambiguous language ... we'll see I guess what they reimburse.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by neony77
You mean the effective AF correct when you say $150? ($450 - $300 Marriott credit). I am not sure if I will even end up using the credit this year and I don't want to hold onto gift certificates (if that route still works). The only reason I am considering not to just close the card is because it is my oldest card. I have both CSR and Citi Prestige so have most of the other perks offered through them. I am also lifetime gold. I wouldn't have upgraded if I didn't get the targeted upgrade bonus offer last year.

Anything special you needed to do to be given that option? Do the front line CSR able to do the downgrade or do I need to call the retention line?

Thanks!
Have you considered calling Amex and asking them to freeze your card? In this case you don’t need to mess up with your cards and also postpone(?) your annual fees.
Old May 2, 2020, 3:00 pm

I have this card the Marriott Bonvoy...have had for several years though it just changed name a while back when the acquisition occurred, etc.

I think I am about to pay an annual fee, I think it is $100 but not sure, the card is connected to my Marriott hotel loyalty reward program and what I am wondering is if I cancel this card, take out a new one connected to Marriott, can I connect the new one to the same account I now have this one connected to?

If yes, how do I do that exactly?

Right now there is a 75K points offer for the $95 annual fee after the first year offer.

Last edited by randys1; May 2, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Old May 2, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by randys1
I have this card the Marriott Bonvoy...have had for several years though it just changed name a while back when the acquisition occurred, etc.

I think I am about to pay an annual fee, I think it is $100 but not sure, the card is connected to my Marriott hotel loyalty reward program and what I am wondering is if I cancel this card, take out a new one connected to Marriott, can I connect the new one to the same account I now have this one connected to?

Right now there is a 75K points offer for the $95 annual fee after the first year offer.
You can have multiple Credit Card accounts linked to your Marriott Bonvoy Account as long as they are all in your name. Simply specify your Marriott Bonvoy Account number on the Credit Card application.

James
Old May 2, 2020, 10:58 pm

Just make sure you qualify for the bonus offer since you already have a Bonvoy CC product, even if you cancel one.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:55 am

Thanks
Old May 3, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Just make sure you qualify for the bonus offer since you already have a Bonvoy CC product, even if you cancel one.
How do you do that without applying first?
Old May 3, 2020, 11:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
How do you do that without applying first?
You'll see a popup during the application process -- see the last several pages of this thread: Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Old May 3, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
You'll see a popup during the application process -- see the last several pages of this thread: Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Thanks

One last question, i manage the AMEX online, can I keep that account and add the new card to it when the card that online account manages is cancelled? So that I do not have to create a new online account to manage the account?
Old May 3, 2020, 1:15 pm

Thanks

One last question, i manage the AMEX online, can I keep that account and add the new card to it when the card that online account manages is cancelled? So that I do not have to create a new online account to manage the account?
Yes, definitely, your online account will be the same. You just add the new card and you can delete any ones you no longer use/have.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, Southwest
Does anyone know if uber Eats works for the $300 restaurant credit now?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by XtraPerks
Does anyone know if uber Eats works for the $300 restaurant credit now?
There's a separate thread specifically discussing the $300 credit:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...t-reports.html

and there is at least one positive data point:

Originally Posted by Mileage Fanatic
FYI: Got credit for Uber Eats.

The charges were on 5/31 — two of them ($26 and $3).

Marriott Bonvoy Credit for both charges on 6/2.

Uber Eats is categorized under restaurants which makes sense it counted the credit.

Charge Details:
Uber Eats
1455 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

Reminder:
Have till end of August to use restaurants for the $300 credit.

This is good since my annual is up end of July and still need to use up all my credits!

Enjoy!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:33 am

Hi just read all the posts since March on this thread and dont see this discussed. Has anyone had luck in getting the free Anniversary night cert expiration extended due to Covid? My wife and I have separate cards with certs expiring in October and already not sure if will be able (or rather want) to travel/use them by then, and if extension wont be allowed might end up closing these accounts.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi just read all the posts since March on this thread and dont see this discussed. Has anyone had luck in getting the free Anniversary night cert expiration extended due to Covid? My wife and I have separate cards with certs expiring in October and already not sure if will be able (or rather want) to travel/use them by then, and if extension wont be allowed might end up closing these accounts.
They should already be extended to Jan 31 2021, is this not the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.