Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Would agree it’s misrepresentation. I have seen language can’t recall where though that did exclude the bonus if you had or have the spg luxury card

At the end of the day it’s all a game which is why we do what we do
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
I have seen language can’t recall where though that did exclude the bonus if you had or have the spg luxury card
It's under the offer terms here.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:35 pm

Yes I was typing up my post while nexus wrote his/her post. In the t and c clearly called out. Thanks for posting link
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
First line of the offer terms

You not reading = fraud? Come on.
YES Indeed... FRAUD! Those were not the offer terms last year.

I was solicited for Amex gold welcome offer and they later retracted.

Trust me, they have a whole team of people that monitor if you have too many accounts and offers.

Kind of like Chase “5/24” rule but Amex retracts even after approving the account.

Last edited by chix; Feb 13, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:03 pm

Exactly what happened to me. Terrible fraud!
Xeno likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hawata
Wondering who else applied.

I applied this morning was approved with 70K Limit. Will post how long it takes for the 100K to post once the required spend it done.

Anyone else?
I was prescreened for the offer and wasn’t going to apply until later in the year but you can’t go wrong with all the perks that they are offering.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:50 pm

I upgraded my Chase Marriott Premier Visa back in October 2018 to the Chase Marriott Premier Plus Visa. Now my old SPG Card has an upgrade offer to the SPG Lux (Bonvoy Brilliant) for 100K/$5K spend. I’m skeptical because I received the upgrade bonus on the Chase side, but love when the upgrade offer is as lucrative as the new accounts to avoid the hard pull. I don’t think I’ll be able to get it despite the offer. I also don’t like that there is no longer a downgrade path if I product change my old SPG Amex; it’s either renew or close.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
It’s a hefty fee though at $450. I’m eligible for the card and love the point bonus but I don’t need priority pass or the other so called benefits. Is $450 worth 100,000 points?

*edit to post* just noticed it comes with $300 in annual Marriott credit making the real annual fee $150. At that price the 100,000 points is a steal. I’m applying
Don't forget it also comes with one free night on your anniversary (at a location up to 50K in points).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by hawata
Wondering who else applied.

I applied this morning was approved with 70K Limit. Will post how long it takes for the 100K to post once the required spend it done.

Anyone else?
wow a 70k limit do your other credit cards normally get this high of a limit? Nicely done!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Don't forget it also comes with one free night on your anniversary (at a location up to 50K in points).
nice perk too. My legacy chase card only gives me properties up to 25k so nice bonus

i wouldnt pay $450 for this card. Doesn’t compare to the Amex plat benefits but at $150 it a viable card in my wallet and has some decent benefits.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:27 am

So if I held just the regular old SPG AMEX a million years ago (nothing "luxury" about it that I can recall), am I good to go with this? Feel free to call this a stupid question, but I'd rather be 100% because...well it's AMEX so nothing makes sense.

Originally Posted by cab747
I upgraded my Chase Marriott Premier Visa back in October 2018 to the Chase Marriott Premier Plus Visa. Now my old SPG Card has an upgrade offer to the SPG Lux (Bonvoy Brilliant) for 100K/$5K spend. I’m skeptical because I received the upgrade bonus on the Chase side, but love when the upgrade offer is as lucrative as the new accounts to avoid the hard pull. I don’t think I’ll be able to get it despite the offer. I also don’t like that there is no longer a downgrade path if I product change my old SPG Amex; it’s either renew or close.
I'm confused here - are you saying that AMEX will deny you a bonus because you hold a Chase card?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'm confused here - are you saying that AMEX will deny you a bonus because you hold a Chase card?
Yes that is indeed the case. If you google "Marriott cross issuer rules" you can find a number of articles that will explain the specifics, and if you do an upgrade or new application make sure to check the offer terms because there will be a list of various exclusions relating to holding, having held, or getting bonuses on other Marriott cards across both issuers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Yes that is indeed the case. If you google "Marriott cross issuer rules" you can find a number of articles that will explain the specifics, and if you do an upgrade or new application make sure to check the offer terms because there will be a list of various exclusions relating to holding, having held, or getting bonuses on other Marriott cards across both issuers.
Ah, very interesting, thank you. I have not been following the credit card scene much lately, so I missed this. Appreciate it.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have had a DL AMEX for years so that promotion is well in the past, but even that could nullify this Bonvoy promo?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
I have had a DL AMEX for years so that promotion is well in the past, but even that could nullify this Bonvoy promo?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.