FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1956164-amex-bonvoy-brilliant-luxury-card-general-discussion-thread.html)

mrstraveler Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am

I attempted to submit an application today and received the following message:

"Based on your history with Amex welcome offers, introductory APR offers or the number of cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer. We have not yet performed a credit check. Would you still like to proceed?"

Currently, I only have 3 Amex cards...Simply Biz, Hilton Biz and personal Plat. I also just got Chase Marriott Biz about 3 months ago :confused: :(

lotrbfme Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Ord Liza (Post 30119457)
I've received an offer, I just haven't accepted it. Could they be that devious?

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 30120751)
I attempted to submit an application today and received the following message:

"Based on your history with Amex welcome offers, introductory APR offers or the number of cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer. We have not yet performed a credit check. Would you still like to proceed?"

Currently, I only have 3 Amex cards...Simply Biz, Hilton Biz and personal Plat. I also just got Chase Marriott Biz about 3 months ago :confused: :(

how many card have you opened in the last 2 years?

wsm007 Aug 23, 2018 11:52 am

I see 15K point bonus on my AmEx page for "upgrading" to the Luxury card from the current consumer SPG card. Seems weak?

pantanal Aug 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by wsm007 (Post 30120908)
I see 15K point bonus on my AmEx page for "upgrading" to the Luxury card from the current consumer SPG card. Seems weak?

super weak

the spg biz card gets you 100k

PrivatePilot Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy (Post 30120040)
"Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had The Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a welcome or upgrade offer for The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Credit Card from Chase, or The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months."

Does that mean you have until 8/26 to apply and get the bonus even if you have had the other stuffs?

Thats my understanding. I have the The Marriott RewardsŪ Premier Credit Card from Chase and applied before 8/26 and got approved with no mention of not qualifying for the offer.

jhelssen Aug 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Was planning to upgrade from Standard SPG Card to the Luxury version but then caught something in the Priority Pass Select terms and conditions that seems to differ slightly from the Platinum Amex.

Specifically, the Luxury card T+C's note at the end of the Priority Pass Select section: "Please note, Additional Card Members are not eligible for membership."

I don't want to get two separate cards (and pay double fees) so my wife and I can both have a Priority Pass Membership. Since we often travel separately for our respective jobs I wanted her to have her own Priority Pass membership to use. Think I'll just finally switch to a Platinum Amex where I can add up to 3x additional users for $175 and they all get Priority Pass Membership.

Kinda sad about all the changes - loved my SPG Card for so many years.

mdcubsfan Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Is there much benefit to going from the new Gold to Platinum through the 75K spend? I think I can use the $300 credit pretty easy and can justify the free night covering the other $150 in fees.

I can't reach platinum through nights, but wondered if it might give me leg up in securing upgrades, etc

ckelly14 Aug 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by mdcubsfan (Post 30121473)
Is there much benefit to going from the new Gold to Platinum through the 75K spend? I think I can use the $300 credit pretty easy and can justify the free night covering the other $150 in fees.

I can't reach platinum through nights, but wondered if it might give me leg up in securing upgrades, etc

I'm lifetime gold so this is somewhat intriguing, but 75K in spend is just not worth the benefit from going from gold to platinum for my handful of leisure travels per year. How much do you travel?

richardt Aug 23, 2018 3:02 pm

New application or upgrade

Called to upgrade my personal spg to luxury today-sure but no bonus. Said no thanks. Applied and approved for new luxury card. No notice of not being eligible for 100k bonus.i have an old marrioott reward card -not premium . I called and was offered 30k upgrade bonus. Should I accept before 8/26 or could it compromise my 100k bonus offer on the spg luxury card?

navatwal Aug 23, 2018 3:08 pm

I apllied today and was approved, I then applied for my wife using myreferral link and she got the message below:

"based on your history with American Express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer."

She received a bonus on Marriott Business around 3-6 months ago, I went ahead and applied, will she still receive a bonus as the terms and conditions state these new rules for preivous bonuses go into affect on August 26th.

jmj9905 Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm

I am very confused. I have the personal spg card that I have had for years. My only other cards are citi aa mc. I was under the impression thatn the spg card would be converted to the new card on renewal? Do I have to apply for this new card ore can I just keep my old card?

Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

andersonCooper Aug 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905 (Post 30121808)
I am very confused. I have the personal spg card that I have had for years. My only other cards are citi aa mc. I was under the impression thatn the spg card would be converted to the new card on renewal? Do I have to apply for this new card ore can I just keep my old card?

Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

Different products. Current/old SPG's AF is $95 (from $65); this product is $450. Upgrade offer is targeted, if you log on your AMEX account.

bailey911 Aug 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Well for those of us who were looking to get to Plat after losing the temp SPG Gold match to Marriott Gold benefits the spend on your existing personal SPG card this year can help. I just checked and see I have indeed hit the $75K so far this year so all I would need to do is upgrade and then I'm a Plat.

I'll do it because of of my upcoming travel certs and some points in my Marriott Account.

But when all the points are gone and the $450 renewal comes up I don't see any reason to keep any of my Chase Marriott or SPG cards.

jmj9905 Aug 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks andersonCooper I did look on my amex account. They are only offering me 15,000 point bonus. It's not worth it to me. My primary goal with all my cards is to accumulate aa frequent flyer miles. I will just stick with my old spg amex and switch most of my spend to my aa citi mc.

Bud Florida Aug 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Saw this today at AMX site under AMX Offers.
10 year SPG Personal cardholder
50-100K annual spend
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...76126a807f.jpg