Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
With my $450 AF posted 2 days ago and I already used the $300 marriott credit, I will just keep the card for another year for the 85k certificate, I am ok with 50k as well. But I won't keep the card for the long run, I value the $25 monthly dinning credit about $200, 85k cert $300, the other $150 doesn't make any sense to me since my LTP status already got me covered.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Jprod
i chatted with a rep and she said efffective today
you the real mvp
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I preferred the $300 hotel credit. But with an AF jack, they should give both.
sxpsxpsxp likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
The fact that with the double ENC bonuses that Titanium could be achievable for under $4k is nuts. 25 nights off the bat, plus the 5 for plat means you only need 45 nights and if you do budget stays you can easily be under $4k. Average case maybe $5-6k? Does Marriott actually see increased revenue at properties when they decrease the spend needed? Even if you kill any double ENC this year you could get Titanium for under $7-8k. Get rid of the night bonuses and then you start looking at 9-10k.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Plus, when using an 85k FNA for a more expensive hotel, I'm unlikely to want a 1-night stay. The rest have to be paid with a higher cash rate or higher points rate compared to a 50k stay. I'm likely to pad a 50k FNA with extra points but not pad an 85k FNA unless the stay is something special.
i totally agree with you on this. but this is why i also got the ritz cc (free nt also becoming 85k) and now can do a wknd trip in an expensive hotel to basically anywhere every yr!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by cubeman
The fact that with the double ENC bonuses that Titanium could be achievable for under $4k is nuts. 25 nights off the bat, plus the 5 for plat means you only need 45 nights and if you do budget stays you can easily be under $4k. Average case maybe $5-6k? Does Marriott actually see increased revenue at properties when they decrease the spend needed? Even if you kill any double ENC this year you could get Titanium for under $7-8k. Get rid of the night bonuses and then you start looking at 9-10k.
Dont forget the business card gives 15, so many FTers are starting at 40
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by cubeman
I just requalified for Titanium this year with 2k spend. Counting the +10 bonus from the Brilliant that just posted, I'm at 88 nights right now. But even without that I would have requalified. Mostly from double ENC mattress running
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
i totally agree with you on this. but this is why i also got the ritz cc (free nt also becoming 85k) and now can do a wknd trip in an expensive hotel to basically anywhere every yr!
Wait until the dynamic pricing fully kick in next March, I am almost sure the points option will become 0.5 cpp just like Hilton and IHG. Your 85k certificate will probably put you in a $400 Sheraton by then.
dw, friedablass, UA-NYC and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
A bit off topic but did anything else change with the ritz card ?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:12 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...less-card.html
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Jprod
A bit off topic but did anything else change with the ritz card ?
seems like ritz increased value. only change looks like cert is now becoming 85k (which is updated in the website now)

everything else remains the same....15 eqn, gold status, $450 AF (woot!)

so it makes even better sense to hold both brilliant and ritz now since ill get plat status (and i have a biz cc) so will earn 40nts/yr and can eventually hit LT Plat just by holding these ccs and not do anything else..
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
OMAAT says, TPG agrees

For those who opened their account prior to September 22, 2022, the new annual fee will take effect on renewal dates on or after January 1, 2023. So for a brief period, existing cardmembers will be able to enjoy the new benefits without paying a higher annual fee.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:37 am

Thats great for someone who renews over the next few months.

I am guessing this card is going to have a huge breakage rate next year. Hopefully that means good retention bonuses!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by gudugan
OMAAT says, TPG agrees
I'm very curious to see what the renewal cert value ends up being - if anyone gets one in the next few months, please report back!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
One other thing I will say - I really like the new Brilliant design - the stylized M actually makes sense for the card, and the black color is very classy. Wonder if Amex will let existing cardholders request a replacement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.