Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Reply

Old Sep 2, 18, 12:03 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by rccsd View Post
Am I missing something re: 6 pts per $ spend at SPG/Marriott hotels? If we have a CSR, isn't it better to charge SPG/Marriott hotel stays with the CSR since I get 3 UR pts/dollar versus the diluted 6 pts Marriott pts/dollar? For this analysis, I'm thinking specifically about transfer to airlines. The 6 pts would transfer to airlines for 2 miles v. the 3 UR pts would be 1:1.
Except youíre limited to URís airline transfer partners which has been recently devalued with the departure of Korean Airline. With the departure of Korean, Iíll be likely to spend more on spg cards.
bhrubin likes this.
caburrito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 8:52 am
  #197  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: spg, MR
Posts: 8
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to actually get Platinum status posted to your account after spending the 75K on the SPG luxury? Is it really 8 weeks? Seems a like an eternity.
dadbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 9:21 am
  #198  
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by dadbug View Post
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to actually get Platinum status posted to your account after spending the 75K on the SPG luxury? Is it really 8 weeks? Seems a like an eternity.
I’m sure there is an even longer delay now due to the many IT issues confronting Marriott. I’d expect it to be something like 3-4 weeks (a typical billing cycle) once things settle down.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 2, 18 at 9:37 am
bhrubin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 9:28 am
  #199  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: spg, MR
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post


Iím sure there is an even longer delay now due to the many IT issues confronting Marriott. Iíd expect it to be someth8g like 3-4 weeks (a typical billing cycle) once things settle down.
Thanks. I will let you guys know when it finally happens.
dadbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 1:02 pm
  #200  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SoCal, CA
Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
Posts: 40
Do Amex Offers Carry Fwd When Upgrading?

For those that upgraded (spg personal to luxury) do the AmEx Offers carry forward?

Currently have the AmEx Offer for $300 spend at Marriott and get $60 back by 10/25 (targeted AMEX Offer on my SPG personal).

i have the 100k Offer to upgrade to Luxury by 10/31.

If the AmEx Offer carries forward then when I upgrade to Luxury (it keeps the same account numbers and credit history) and buy some Marriott GC by 10/25. I should get $300 back for the Luxury card hotel credit and then $60 from the AmEx Offer ó right?

Also on a current retention bonus (had a renew in July and complained so got a 20k for $2k spend in 3mo) I imagine you need to complete that on the current product (spg personal) to get the retention bonus before doing the upgrade (to luxury which has its own min spend) ó right? Doubt could double-dip and have spend double-count ó wishful thinking!!! 😂

Thanks!
Mileage Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:42 am
  #201  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AUS
Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by lz80521 View Post
I referred my friend for this card a couple of days ago and I see 20,000 shown as earned in my Amex account. But the points havenít been posted to my combined Marriott/SPG account. Any dp on referral bonus posting? Thx.
Update: My wife has received her referral points but mine still not posted. Actually her referred friend was approved later than mine. So somehow SPG has still not processed my points posting.
lz80521 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:21 pm
  #202  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 25
I just upgraded to the Luxury card and have some stays coming up in the next few weeks. How soon will the Gold status be reflected?
allseas1586 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 5:28 pm
  #203  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: SEA | LAX | IAD
Programs: SQ *G, UA, AS
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
I just upgraded to the Luxury card and have some stays coming up in the next few weeks. How soon will the Gold status be reflected?
My status changed in the Marriott app the day I received the card, so ... maybe three days or so? I didn't bother to check prior to my getting the card.
Polytonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:08 pm
  #204  
SPG 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: La Jolla, CA
Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Posts: 2,425
As a headís up my new Luxury card had both the Marriott and Ritz Carlton offers:

$60 statement credit if you charge at least $300 on reservation and room charges through October 25th.

$100 off a Ritz purchase of $500 or more, including room rate and charges billed to your account during a stay through December 24th.
bhrubin likes this.
damon88 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:11 pm
  #205  
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by damon88 View Post
As a head’s up my new Luxury card had both the Marriott and Ritz Carlton offers:

$60 statement credit if you charge at least $300 on reservation and room charges through October 25th.

$100 off a Ritz purchase of $500 or more, including room rate and charges billed to your account during a stay through December 24th.
Mine, too. Not too shabby...as I’ve got upcoming Marriott and Ritz-Carlton stays.
bhrubin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 4:23 pm
  #206  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by lz80521 View Post


Update: My wife has received her referral points but mine still not posted. Actually her referred friend was approved later than mine. So somehow SPG has still not processed my points posting.
I am in the same boat. My friend was approved back on Aug 25th and while I show the 20,000 points in the YTD Points Earned on the AMEX website still no sign in my Marriott account (I used my legacy Marriott number so maybe that's the delay - I have not merged my accounts though but when I do I plan to retain my old Marriott number anyways). Hopefully we don't have to go chasing AMEX for referral bonuses like has been the case so many times with AMEX/Hilton referral bonuses.
FleyeSkyHigh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 5:52 pm
  #207  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 832
I crossed the $5000 USD in 3 months to get upgrade bonus of 100,000 points a few days ago. I haven't gotten bonus yet in account. Will post when I do... Amex CS agent wasn't sure if I should stick with old or use new SPG #. He didn't seem to know anything about SPG Marriott integration.

Now just trying to decide if I keep spending in this card or go to another. But the Amex offers nice... Wish I was in US this month to twee advantage of Ritz Marriott SPG and Saks coupons
SHLTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 6:58 pm
  #208  
RNE
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AKC
Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
Posts: 7,882
Are cards for authorized users fee free?
RNE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 9:20 pm
  #209  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Posts: 4,904
I have the 60 back on 300 on my SPG Amex. I I upgrade my account online where my account number doesn't change can I use the exact same offer and now it will count towards my new Luxury Card MSR? Again in my case the card number is the same so I am hoping that card and it's offers automatically carry over. Anyone in the same boat?

I see post 200 asks the same basic question... But no answers yet...
pitflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 9:28 pm
  #210  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AUS
Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
I am in the same boat. My friend was approved back on Aug 25th and while I show the 20,000 points in the YTD Points Earned on the AMEX website still no sign in my Marriott account (I used my legacy Marriott number so maybe that's the delay - I have not merged my accounts though but when I do I plan to retain my old Marriott number anyways). Hopefully we don't have to go chasing AMEX for referral bonuses like has been the case so many times with AMEX/Hilton referral bonuses.
Based on several DPs in different forums, it looks like all those referral bonus confirmed after 8/29 has been posted correctly. I referred two friends on 8/23 and got confirmation (YTD points in amex sustem) on 8/27, but no points posted yet. My wife referred two friends on 8/25 and got confirmation (updated YTD pts in amex system) on 8/30. The points have been posted for her. We both merged our Marriott/SPG accounts before 8/23 and used Marriott# in the application.
lz80521 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread