Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
The art of the card changed in the app. More evidence of changes to come to be announced sometime tomorrow
dw and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Schnit
Majority of people in this country have 1-2 cards and use the same card for everything. They don't want to both.

If they pay 450 but get 300 back on dining it's more appealing to them. Why other benefits are just gravy to them
This is a really interesting thought, that most people are not paying that much attention. I was talking to some co-workers the other day that I had multiple premium cards, and it’s not because I’m rich. Most people were agape and had no idea they could easily get so much value out of a card even without using it everyday, even by just traveling a couple times a year.

That said, the majority of this country might have 1-2 cards, but most people also are in credit card debt and don’t have enough cash to cover a small unexpected emergency. Flyertalk people definitely aren’t a good barometer for the average card user.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: CX Green Marriott Titanium Hilton Diamond
These were posted on reddit an hour ago, I guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

TerryK, SPN Lifer, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Looking forward to buy some take away food tomorrow!
Amex/Bonjy is going to be subsidizing my weekly happy hour. Well, at least the first $25 of it.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
New T&Cs for AMEX Brilliant
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Does anyone know if I can take advantage of these new benefits? I signed up for the Brilliant in June.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by joshlam
These were posted on reddit an hour ago, I guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

Did the article specify what the earned choice award for spending $60k on the Brilliant would be?

Given that the card may come with complimentary Plat status, the 25 elite nights nights is pointless for me personally. Even if I can combine with 15 nights from a biz card for 40 nights I still need 35 more nights to get to Titanium which for me is a pretty steep hill to climb. Until now, when I started with 30 nights my goal was to get to 50 for Plat so the +20 nights took some effort but was doable. Now I'll already have Platinum and most likely won't reach Titanium even with the boost, so thanks but no thanks for the extra elite nights.
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.

Last edited by friedablass; Sep 21, 2022 at 11:26 pm
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Did the article specify what the earned choice award for spending $60k on the Brilliant would be?

Given that the card may come with complimentary Plat status, the 25 elite nights nights is pointless for me personally. Even if I can combine with 15 nights from a biz card for 40 nights I still need 35 more nights to get to Titanium which for me is a pretty steep hill to climb. Until now, when I started with 30 nights my goal was to get to 50 for Plat so the +20 nights took some effort but was doable. Now I'll already have Platinum and most likely won't reach Titanium even with the boost.

Earned Choice Award

Effective 1/1/23:

If, in any calendar year of Card Membership, your total eligible purchases on your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card reach or exceed $60,000 ("Purchase Requirement"), you will be eligible to select one of the following benefits as part of the Brilliant Earned Choice Award. The available benefit options include:
• Five Suite Night Awards™
• Mattress and Box Spring $750 Discount from Marriott Retail Brands
• Free Night Award with a redemption value up to 85K points
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:29 pm

Given that the card may come with complimentary Plat status, the 25 elite nights nights is pointless for me personally. Even if I can combine with 15 nights from a biz card for 40 nights I still need 35 more nights to get to Titanium which for me is a pretty steep hill to climb. Until now, when I started with 30 nights my goal was to get to 50 for Plat so the +20 nights took some effort but was doable. Now I'll already have Platinum and most likely won't reach Titanium even with the boost, so thanks but no thanks for the extra elite nights.
The free nights are helpful for lifetime status...
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by TheMouse
The free nights are helpful for lifetime status...
That's true. I forgot about that. Ok so I'll take them .
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:31 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond

Not sure if it's accurate, but the new T&C linked above mentions a choice of 5 SNA, mattress discount, & FNA up to 85K.

BTW, how much is the new AF?

LAX
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:35 pm

AF remains $450 (for now, at least).
It's been updated to $650.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.

Last edited by TheMouse; Sep 22, 2022 at 1:52 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
My question is...what's the AF for these cards?! Hmmm....
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Bonvoy Bevy T&C
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Yeah, I'm in the same boat here. 20 nights was pretty achievable for Platinum, and I somehow made Titanium this year (had a bunch of extra nights in random places across the country) but if everyone gets Platinum from a credit card, I'd imagine suite upgrades are going to be even more difficult to come by.

I guess it does mean you can passively hold Biz+Personal for the 40 EQN and Platinum status, and eventually you'll hit lifetime Platinum in about 15 years (less whatever you already had accrued).

Sounds like I'm moving over to Hyatt, which is probably a good thing anyway considering my average nightly rate is pretty high these days.

Edit: the Business Card design has also changed to match, for anyone who was curious.
gudugan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.