Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by CIT85
What is 50K points worth to you? I consider the bonus to be low, considering that a new card member can easily get 80K to 100K depending on the promo. The other consideration is whether the benefits of Brilliant is worth the hefty annual fee.
Especially with the $300 stay credit changing to monthly $25 restaurant credits.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:47 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by yrs
2. Statement credit of $300
Will be a one time deal, if you can use it by September.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:56 am

Definitely worth doing now, maybe not other times. Upgrade now and within the next 2 months use the $300 credit for a Marriott stay. Then starting in October you will get $25 monthly restaurant credit. You will get $525 in statement credits, plus 50k points for an extra $355 in annual fees. Sounds like a no brainer to me
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I would not take the offer if it potentially invokes the "one bonus per lifetime" rule. I'd rather have potentially 125k + free nights/credits in the future (from a new Bonvoy Brilliant card) than 50k now. But that's just me, others might prefer the points and credits now, particularly if you can use the Clear/GE credits during the next 12 months. I have many other cards that provide them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Does anyone know exactly when the Marriott credit restarts every year?

The terms say every "cardmember year." My annual fee is due mid July. I was surprised that a Marriott charge I made last weekend triggered a new $300 fee (I received a credit for what I thought was the current cardmember year last fall)
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos

The terms say every "cardmember year." My annual fee is due mid July. I was surprised that a Marriott charge I made last weekend triggered a new $300 fee (I received a credit for what I thought was the current cardmember year last fall)
It's the anniversary date of when you were approved for your original card. I am billed in mid-May, but I was approved on May 1st and I received credit for a purchase on May 3rd. That is still the case even though I converted the credit card from the standard SPG card in August a few years ago.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:00 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by Polytonic
For what it's worth, I did get the $300 credit buying a gift card online (see the GC thread) last year. I'm assuming that still works anyway.
Do these have a "use by" date?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Do these have a "use by" date?
No
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Werty7777
Remember the existing 300 dollar Marriott credit is based off of card member year and not calendar year.

Werty7777 Your post is untrue. AMEX CS confirmed that with the termination of the $300 hotel credit in September, the new program begins a "new day" to earn yet another $300 credit to your account over the course of a year (Sept-2023). Thus, folks can "double-dip" to get a $600 credit to their account within a year.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Werty7777 Your post is untrue. AMEX CS confirmed that with the termination of the $300 hotel credit in September, the new program begins a "new day" to earn yet another $300 credit to your account over the course of a year (Sept-2023). Thus, folks can "double-dip" to get a $600 credit to their account within a year.
I said the existing credit was based on cardmember year not calendar year. That statement is true, period. As to your conversation with an Amex cs, I can’t speak to that.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos

My Annual Fee hits 7/25 every year. I received a $300 fee credit for a stay in early June.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by wiggaty
My Annual Fee hits 7/25 every year. I received a $300 fee credit for a stay in early June.
annual fee usually hits a month later than your actual account anniversary date
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by wiggaty
What date did you originally get approved for the card, thats the date that matters
SPN Lifer and friedablass like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
$300 Credit: Re-usable If Hotel Refunds an Invalid Charge?

I didn't receive my $30 Titanium breakfast credit at a Westin, which is now issuing me a refund. I'd previously maxed out my $300 Brilliant annual credit, but now should have $30 remaining. Will I need to contact Amex to have them apply it to a new Marriott charge?

Thanks....
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Explore
I didn't receive my $30 Titanium breakfast credit at a Westin, which is now issuing me a refund. I'd previously maxed out my $300 Brilliant annual credit, but now should have $30 remaining. Will I need to contact Amex to have them apply it to a new Marriott charge?

Thanks....
Chances are AMEX will never reverse the $30. If they do, it should automatically apply again to the next charge. If there wont be any they should be able to apply it to something else. I wouldnt call them unless they reverse the 30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.